Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SafewayFox

Too soon to hit the panic button?

I was just listening to the radio in the car. They were discussing the prospects of the clubs outside the big six for the coming season. Palace, Bournemouth, West Ham and even Southampton were spoken of in positive terms. We were basically dismissed in one sentence as near-certs for relegation, not worthy of further discussion. If that is also the consensus view among players and agents, it’s little wonder we’re struggling to recruit. 

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I was just listening to the radio in the car. They were discussing the prospects of the clubs outside the big six for the coming season. Palace, Bournemouth, West Ham and even Southampton were spoken of in positive terms. We were basically dismissed in one sentence as near-certs for relegation, not worthy of further discussion. If that is also the consensus view among players and agents, it’s little wonder we’re struggling to recruit. 

Sounds about right to me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

So the moral of the story is that me asking if I’m alone in worrying (agreed panicking might be a tad extreme) about our chances at survival this year appear to be minimal.

I totally understand the club not coming out and saying we can’t afford X or Y player but how Top hasn’t then shown even a glimpse of a pair of cojones and actually showing the outside world that mistakes have been made and acted on is what annoys me the most.

Imagine keeping Rudkin (as a minimum could argue Whelan too) after the clear self inflicted running of the club leaving us in this miss….there is loyalty and then there is blind faith/ineptitude.

• Like 2

I am getting nearer the panic stage because the recruitment just seems a bit random Including a central defender and links to multiple wingers. It may be that Leicester cannot attract a quality attacking midfielder and striker but I’m worried that we are going to end up with a bloated squad but weaker first 11

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

So the moral of the story is that me asking if I’m alone in worrying (agreed panicking might be a tad extreme) about our chances at survival this year appear to be minimal.

I totally understand the club not coming out and saying we can’t afford X or Y player but how Top hasn’t then shown even a glimpse of a pair of cojones and actually showing the outside world that mistakes have been made and acted on is what annoys me the most.

Imagine keeping Rudkin (as a minimum could argue Whelan too) after the clear self inflicted running of the club leaving us in this miss….there is loyalty and then there is blind faith/ineptitude.

When we do well their everywhere front and centre,but when the shit hits the fan and it's all their doing , nothing .If they communicated more ,people  would  understand  abit better the troubles we have but saying nothing  just pisses people  off and gives out a bad vibe.For all good KP have done  this bunch will ruin  us and that will be their legacy. 😔😌

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well let's see, they've got less talent than they finished the season with and you would figure that moving to the Premier League would require a talent upgrade. Daka is still on the roster, Vardy is hurt and there are no proven goal scorers in line to step in. And there's no AM on the roster and a points deduction is coming.  And Ward looks to be one injury away from being GK1. Other than that..... :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Watched a video on YouTube last night of the Ipswich Town chairman going over all their stadium upgrades for the coming season etc etc.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't swap our recent history for theirs, but seeing and listening to a chairman who seems 'human' and seemed to have a connection with fans, did make me a bit jealous.

Our clubs just a stagnant mess with a complete divide, in fact almost stalemate,  between board & fan.

The Rots so deep throughout this club with the cockroaches I don't see anything other than a decline - starting with this season which will be nothing short of embarrassing. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm not sure what you want them to say on the football front? 

If they come out and and say we aren't confident of staying up and we are building for the future, its not exactly going to make players keen to sign up.

What do you want them to tell you? 

The tone could change. 

They’ve sent an email out today advertising Villa tickets are available to season ticket holders guests. The article describes them as Unai Enemy’s Champions League qualifying. 

Whilst doing nothing to encourage and highlight how huge fan support is going to be this season. 

The vibe just isn’t there to build a siege mentality. It feels as though there’s some arrogance that this is beneath them. It’s a summer in PR disaster  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The tone could change. 

They’ve sent an email out today advertising Villa tickets are available to season ticket holders guests. The article describes them as Unai Enemy’s Champions League qualifying. 

Whilst doing nothing to encourage and highlight how huge fan support is going to be this season. 

The vibe just isn’t there to build a siege mentality. It feels as though there’s some arrogance that this is beneath them. It’s a summer in PR disaster  

Exactly this mate.

Sadly it’s proven to be an echo chamber in the important places.

Any other corporate industry heads would have rolled for so much less.

The only positive from the club doing fvck all this summer is the hope it all finally turns toxic inside the stadium at some point and forces complete change from Top to bottom

Of course it won’t happen but christ we need something 

• Like 2

Promotion has massively got the clique out the shit, I honestly think they believe we are back at our level and whatever happens now is not of there making. 

my opinion of the situation is that the hierarchy believe we are better than we actually are and that we are still dining out on past success. 

we are no longer the Leicester City that won the league in 2015/16 or FA Cup winners, we need to accept this is in the past and realise we need to show to prospective managers and new signings a desire to build a new exciting future and make people buy into it. 

We have lost our hunger and what made us the club we were, we have become complacent with a degree of arrogance and entitlement and as a consequence we have become run of the mill again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Just remember where we were three years ago and this is what we are now. How do people defend this?

4 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

I honestly believe that Top doesn't know anybody else in the footballing world other than Rudkin and Whelan, he really hasn't got any advisor's either with footballing brains