Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SafewayFox

Too soon to hit the panic button?

I think the issue is we’re watching the ‘shut out’ players instead of a first team. 

Kristiansen, Okoli and BDCR are three players you bring on to shut out a game. They’re substitutes. 

Zaha, Buonanotte, Asprilla, Ioannidis/Hlozek … the links are at least promising and show signs that we’re trying to fix starting XI quality. 

The issue is we’re clearly not an attractive prospect and that’s why so many loans are being mooted. Club is clearly trying to kick the can down the road.

We’re not going to be up and running until at least GW4 imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonny_wright said:

We feel very Sheffield United from last season right now, sold Berge when promoted and generally accepted thier fate come October. 

They at least actually spent some money and got what looked like some decent players in - Archer, Hamer, Souza, McAtee

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They at least actually spent some money and got what looked like some decent players in - Archer, Hamer, Souza, McAtee

Yeah, they had some good players but lacked severely in the goalkeeping and striking positions as well as defensively generally. 

If we have limited funds, we should prioritise spending it on a striker as we have a good GK. The promoted sides have been lacking here, which I think is a key reason why they’ve generally struggled recently (except 22/23!). 

1 hour ago, jonny_wright said:

We feel very Sheffield United from last season right now, sold Berge when promoted and generally accepted thier fate come October. 

We are in a worse position than Sheffield United. Sold manager, back room staff and best player. Lost majority of Vardy’s goals realistically and not replaced them, not replaced KDH. Those two things need doing plus a new manager just get us back to where we were a year ago, and we haven’t even done that, never mind make any positive progress. This squad wouldn’t get promoted from the championship. We were already massively short of creative midfielders and we had 0 (zero) with senior experience until Buonanate signed yesterday. Hope he is ready to shoulder the entire creative burden in our squad….

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

FWIW I've heard from what I'd consider to be a good source is that we're getting tied in knots by agents.

Soule for example we thought we could convince the player and ignore his agent because we were using our own agent. The game just doesn't work like that. 

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

FWIW I've heard from what I'd consider to be a good source is that we're getting tied in knots by agents.

Soule for example we thought we could convince the player and ignore his agent because we were using our own agent. The game just doesn't work like that. 

He only wanted Roma

4 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

I'm not panicking.

I've already accepted a thumping relegation.

I had accepted that last season.

Points deductions, still paying wages for duffers like Soumare, Ward and Daka, no spending power and a squad weaker than the relegated one meant, to me, that this season is about getting PL money in to help our off field troubles and plan for promotion again next year, hopefully in a stronger position.   I think the rebuild will be a long term project.

30 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We seem to be very naive and arrogant 

No idea who is responsible for that - most will say rudders but is it possible that he’s being bypassed on strategy by those higher up.  I recall how the venkeys were hoodwinked by Jerome Anderson for way too long. 

On 07/08/2024 at 22:59, FoxOnWheels said:

Personally still think best idea is to spend what we need to build a team capable of 50+ points and then take 2 seasons of 10 point deductions

Given man city, arsenal, Liverpool's or Chelsea's squad, cooper will never manage to get 50 points.

On 07/08/2024 at 22:59, FoxOnWheels said:

Personally still think best idea is to spend what we need to build a team capable of 50+ points and then take 2 seasons of 10 point deductions

With how stretched the league is these days (no longer a case of anyone can beat anyone) I think you're looking at 33-35 points to stay up.

6 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Looking like another day passes by - even if we do get players in tomorrow, it's probably very unlikely they'll feature on Monday.

This 100%

Starting to think I should stop getting my hopes with some of the very recent rumours.

It’s going to be Ayew on a perm and Doak on loan isn’t it?!

The malaise coming from the club is just unbelievable.

This post was started 11 days ago and even then was patient given that we were promoted 3 1/2 months ago.

To have signed one squad player and no first team players in that time leaves us in a way poorer state than at the end of last season - when almost any pundit would say a promoted side needs at least 5 first team starters to be signed. 

It’s now the point at which a new signing wouldn’t even play our first game - so we’ve wasted the entire pre-season. 

We’ve fallen so far under Top / Whelan / Rudkin. At what point does this stop and fans unite in protest?? 

• Like 2