Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SafewayFox

Too soon to hit the panic button?

With the exception of us and Liverpool, every other team has improved their squad. Although Liverpool are fairly stacked. And we have Soumaré and a load of CBs with the turning circle of an ocean liner.  

Seemingly no sense of urgency either. We shouldn’t be trying to close so many deals so late. It fails Cooper and our chances of any cohesive team dynamic. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stevostadium said:

Absolutely time to hit the panic button.

I have posted on several threads this week about how much of a joke we are becoming.

Anyone who actually believed all the Zaha, Czech lad and Greek lad coming must take a look at themselves.

Doubt we were ever actually serious about any of them.

I am not Coopers biggest fan but hes obviously been fed a pack of lies again you know who.

We all know the finance situation and the fact were gonna get a point deduction so were not an attractive proposition.

My biggest gripe is that the club seemed to have distanced themselves from the fans.

They tell us absolutely nothing.

Monday is going to get toxic, very quickly, especially if we dont get anymore in the door if we go a goal down early

Never felt this bad about a season starting since pete taylors season when we got dicked 5-0 at home to bolton on the opening day

Is Top selling the club you heard anything mate?

I know that we have typically seen business done where rumours have emerged at fairly short notice before the signings, but it's concerning that we've barely been linked with any players either. That statement is a bit contradictory but I just think in the current state of things, the club would plant a few more false flags about players we're looking to create a sense that we're doing something. You'd also think journalists would snag a few more as well. 

Sure it's not indicative of what's going on but it definitely doesn't help the mood.

What concerns me is the fact 2-3 weeks ago the players we're telling cooper whats going on, imagine now, they must be so demotivated knowing we're 4 days away from our first game of the season weaker than we were in the championship ffs. Think of players like Winks who we're sold the "project" and you do your job, get promoted asap and watch as the club is dismantled from coaching staff to your best player and bring literally nothing in. 

Edited by richardsfoxes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stevostadium said:

Absolutely time to hit the panic button.

I have posted on several threads this week about how much of a joke we are becoming.

Anyone who actually believed all the Zaha, Czech lad and Greek lad coming must take a look at themselves.

Doubt we were ever actually serious about any of them.

I am not Coopers biggest fan but hes obviously been fed a pack of lies again you know who.

We all know the finance situation and the fact were gonna get a point deduction so were not an attractive proposition.

My biggest gripe is that the club seemed to have distanced themselves from the fans.

They tell us absolutely nothing.

Monday is going to get toxic, very quickly, especially if we dont get anymore in the door if we go a goal down early

Never felt this bad about a season starting since pete taylors season when we got dicked 5-0 at home to bolton on the opening day

I did say this was Peter Taylor mk2 soon as Cooper was hired

• Like 1

Whilst the situation is absolutely of their own making, in the situation we are in, it can't have been easy to attract players. What up and coming or established player in their right mind would want to come? 

Even if you ignored the relegation battle along with points deduction, if you were a young player, particularly a forward hoping to shine for a better career move, the chances of being able to do it in this set up has to be limited. 

Cooper has turned up to his job site, been handed a tool bag, opened it and all that is inside are 4 of the same screwdriver, an extremely old mallet and a drill with the battery dead. Gone to ask for the tools he actually needs to do the job and thus far been ignored.

No manager is beating spurs, or any other team, on the opening day with this squad. It simply isn’t good enough. I actively hope we get battered by double figures to wake up our useless board. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’ve been pondering over what my answer to this is for a few weeks.

I’ve decided.

no.