Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

David Datro Fofana

8 hours ago, beastfootballx said:

I'd prefer us to go after Broja. He might not be much of a goalscorer but I think he's a better all round player than Fofana and offers something different to Vardy and Daka.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'd prefer us to go after Broja. He might not be much of a goalscorer but I think he's a better all round player than Fofana and offers something different to Vardy and Daka.

Agreed. I think there's a very good player in Broja, he just needs the right circumstances to thrive. Chelsea is a nightmare for most of their youngsters and Southampton wasn't the right loan move for him.

1 hour ago, roblcfc84 said:

I obviously have no idea how complicated these things are, but we seem to spend forever weighing things up. Surely we have a good idea if he’s good enough or not. Two weeks left to get players in and integrated. We seem to take forever to move on anything. 

Maybe someone has shown Rudkin the comments on the Burnley forum classing Fofana as a “Poor man’s Ade Akinbiyi” and a “BTEC Nathan Tella”, so we’re having second thoughts :whistle:

Leicester have been strongly linked to Chelsea striker David Datro Fofana, with the west London club making it known that he is available for a move as they look to make space for their own arrivals. Signing the 21-year-old Ivorian striker would be straightforward, but Leicester are weighing up other potential options.

rob tanner 

4 minutes ago, DZ-LCFC said:

Leicester have been strongly linked to Chelsea striker David Datro Fofana, with the west London club making it known that he is available for a move as they look to make space for their own arrivals. Signing the 21-year-old Ivorian striker would be straightforward, but Leicester are weighing up other potential options.

rob tanner 

We've been weighing up our option all window, now is the time to act. 

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Pay more than what chelsea signed him for when achieving nothing other than performing way below the expected standard.

Yea great business.

Has he performed under the expected standard?

Think he impressed in glimpses with Chelsea when the expectation was he'd be rough around the edges considering his age and previous experience. 

Then had a solid loan spell at a poor Burnley side.

At 21 years old,  you're paying 15 at least for that! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Has he performed under the expected standard?

Think he impressed in glimpses with Chelsea when the expectation was he'd be rough around the edges considering his age and previous experience. 

Then had a solid loan spell at a poor Burnley side.

At 21 years old,  you're paying 15 at least for that! 

He's played the equivalent of one game for Chelsea, and didn't do anything.  Glimpses?

Are you just paying £15mill cos he's 21?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LVFox said:

Bodes well when they have a coach who will make 2 subs a game.

Fofana around the 15 + add ons makes a lot of sense to me

Sorry, they turn a profit? What has he done to warrant any sort increase. If anything it has gone down. He failed to make Chelsea team and had an under whelming spell at Burnley. It would be awful if we did that. 

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 1

what’s alarming is that it was reported that when we were selling kdh both fofana and broja didn’t want to join us. 

Which could be why we went for golding at the time. he’s only interested now because nobody else wanted him. 

Hard to accept that we are the last resort club now 

I think Leicester need someone who is either a proven goal scorer at top level or a bit different to what we have. Watching yesterday the team was bullied Daka looked a bit lightweight and I'd like a big centre forward than can hold the ball up etc. Not sure Fofana would be ideal profile need another Leonardo Ulloa from 10 years ago.  Still needed the great escape even with him in the side.!