Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

David Datro Fofana

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

You can't give bagsman David Datro Fofana opportunities, he only needs four chances to score 

Is that per game or cumulative?

If the former then he'd be lucky to bag at all for us next season.

21 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Apparently, Chelsea are looking at a loan, with an obligation to buy (a la Fatawu).

It's Chelsea's busy model.... buy youngsters don't play them and sell them for a profit. I don't think he's played a game for Chelsea....all his stats are when he was at Burnley 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

He's only 21 so plenty of potential but his stats aren't  great for the 2 previous loans he's had at Union Berlin and Burnley. If its a loan with an option to buy then it's not a terrible deal so long as the fee required isn't too high. I'm sure us signing him permanently would be reliant on us staying up. Seen a few videos of him and he seems a tidy player but doesn't seem a natural finisher which is surely what we need. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

I have never claimed to BE ITK and as I've had no dealings with the club for over a year I have no idea why you would think that. 

There's a lot to unpick in this statement 🤣

This sort of signing, even on loan, just looks like panic tbh.  There's nothing about him from a stats perspective that stands out and makes you think he's worth bringing in.  As someone else said, why would he deserve to play ahead of Cannon?  He's only performed well in Norway.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Apparently, Chelsea are looking at a loan, with an obligation to buy (a la Fatawu).

that’s sounds about right. We get crappy Fofana for a season and we have to let them have fatawu next summer. 

Edited by Lambert09

I think one problem we face and I came across this when putting together a list of targets on the who do you want thread, is the lack of good strikers available who aren’t worth a fortune or have been snapped up by big clubs to hoard. 

The best option currently is Fotis Ionnidis and your probably still talking over £20m.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This ought to be countered by an excellent scouting and recruitment network rather than relying on agents for targets that sometimes seems to happen with us. 

This. Honestly, our scouting and analytics department must be tearing their hair out.

Perhaps Fofana would come good for us, but I just don't see what he adds. I'd rather give Cannon game time. But if Vardy is out, we do need a first choice striker. At the very least to challenge Daka. I know it's pre-season, but it worries me Daka hasn't scored at all.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

He’s actually no better than Daka imo 😂 wtf is wrong with us seriously?

We’re clearly going after third or fourth targets. Maybe fifth or sixth looking at how long it’s taking to get signings in. It’s the market we’re in sadly. I would think in the world of football we have a reputation for incompetence and an impending points deduction.

I remember the third or fourth choice thing coming out on the ‘Sunderland til I die’ documentary on Netflix. That ended well… 🤣 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This ought to be countered by an excellent scouting and recruitment network rather than relying on agents for targets that sometimes seems to happen with us. 

As we seem to be addicted to relying on agents, just go back to one of our faves in CAA Stellar and try for Elijah Adebayo or Carlton Morris, simple. 

19 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

What's this apparent injury? 

was told ACL. my guess, if it is true, is it's being kept quiet so other teams don't realise we're even more in the shit when it comes to negotiations.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3