Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

David Datro Fofana

26 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Mercury article saying this could well be a agent related rumour to get a move

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/eleven-leicester-city-transfers-could-9461856

Chelsea's David Datro Fofana has been linked most recently, but it’s possible City’s name has been planted to generate interest in the Ivorian.” 

On a wider point, agents are absolutely destroying the game - absolute parasites with way too much power.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

This kid any better than Cannon?

4 goals in 10 starts for Burnley is decent? They had to play United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City during that run too.  

Cannon's got a bit of a talent for sure, but he could barely get a look in while we were in the Championship.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Don’t particularly rate him myself but it’s about the best we are going to get in our current situation 

Are you a member of our Recruitment Deam Team by chance?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Foxestalk users - get rid of Daka ASAP he's awful, can't finish etc. What a waste of money.

Also Foxestalk users - give me David Datro Fofana with an obligation to buy please, excellent business.

☝️

• Like 2

I saw him play for Molde in Norway in July 2021, when he would have been only 18. He looked strong and quick but raw, which is what you'd expect from someone so young.

• Like 1

Obligation if we remain in the premier league is realistically fine, as hopefully it means he'll have done his job. Will depend on the fee.

You'd hope we'd put similar clause in souttar loan deal to Sheffield United, Obligation if they are promoted. 

It's sensible business from the parent club.

I can’t see how Chelsea can realistically expect more than 10m for him.

He hasn’t proven himself, or showed any development of the player who cost them 10m. And hes likely on a right wedge.

Hes not the one for me, especially with an obligation unless it’s 10m or less.

• Like 4

Fatawu was an obligation based on promotion and appearances / starts

Just do the same for Fofana based on staying up and appearances / starts

Will just mean he “disappears” from the squad at a certain point if he is doing crap

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, beastfootballx said:

Obligation to buy?

i think the key take away from that is not 'Obligation to buy' but the 'young player acquisition strategy'  or as we know it 'the lets hoover up any teenager showing an ounce of footballing ability so we can stunt their growth but still flip for an inflated profit with the stamp of a top 6 stable on their collar despite probably never kicking a 1st team ball scheme'

It's funny that Enzo commented this morning saying its PSR's fault clubs need to sell academy players & how he would love to see 1 club players, wouldn't we all Enzo but surely it's not PSR that is making clubs spend £1bn on proven talent only to be offset by selling your academy players, your coaches...coach!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dooflip said:

I can’t see how Chelsea can realistically expect more than 10m for him.

He hasn’t proven himself, or showed any development of the player who cost them 10m. And hes likely on a right wedge.

Hes not the one for me, especially with an obligation unless it’s 10m or less.

I doubt he's on a big wedge which is probablt why he's attractive to us.

We're really signing him for his potential a bit like Cannon. Lets hope he does better here with less competition and pressure on him.

Could be a big payday if he makes the grade here eventually.

But he's going to need games and time like Cannon. I'm not sure we have the lattitude for either this season.

Oddly enough I think him and Cannon could make a good pairing down the line.

We need a proven goal scorer right now to relieve the pressure on Vardy who clearly can't play every game.

44 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He's garbage. 

May as well kept Kels. 

Kels wasnt known for his energetic style and it came across as disinterested at times. Pressing was a chore to him and not part of his style in anyway.  Not what we need at all.

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Kels wasnt known for his energetic style and it came across as disinterested at times. Pressing was a chore to him and not part of his style in anyway.  Not what we need at all.

You're right. I was being facetious. 

I loved Kels to bits but he HAD to play in a two and effectively have a roving free role 

Point is, we already have a Fofana in Daka. We'd be better off with a theoretical Kels + Daka rather than Daka + Daka

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

Obligation if we remain in the premier league is realistically fine, as hopefully it means he'll have done his job. Will depend on the fee.

What if I told you he gets injured first game, out for the season, but we stay up..... lol