Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

David Datro Fofana

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

You're right. I was being facetious. 

I loved Kels to bits but he HAD to play in a two and effectively have a roving free role 

Point is, we already have a Fofana in Daka. We'd be better off with a theoretical Kels + Daka rather than Daka + Daka

it would be hard to keep Daka and Fofana in the same team. Trouble with Daka is that it doesn’t take much for him to go off the boil.. it scares me going into the season relying on Daka and with Vardy’s injury, we definitely need someone else.. think our options might be limited and I suppose beggars can’t be choosers..

Edited by MPH

6 hours ago, guest123 said:

was told ACL. my guess, if it is true, is it's being kept quiet so other teams don't realise we're even more in the shit when it comes to negotiations.

Can this be confirmed as false now he was at the open training?

Edited by les-tah
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Loan with an option, fine. 

Obligation, not so much. 

I don't mind him as a player, think he could do well here but the absolute last thing we need is to have our pants pulled down by Chelsea on him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Loan with an option, fine. 

Obligation, not so much. 

I don't mind him as a player, think he could do well here but the absolute last thing we need is to have our pants pulled down by Chelsea on him. 

My issue is he's yet another striker who's only decent output came when he played in a front two. Same as Iheanacho, same as Daka, same as Cannon. That doesn't mean he can't play on his own, but we've seen with those three that they need either a striker alongside them or a 10 at the very least right behind them, compared to attacking midfielders.

Cooper's system might get players closer to the striker centrally, than previous regimes. This helps occupy the defence for the striker with the best movement and finishing to get openings but I still think we need a physical striker.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

My issue is he's yet another striker who's only decent output came when he played in a front two. Same as Iheanacho, same as Daka, same as Cannon. That doesn't mean he can't play on his own, but we've seen with those three that they need either a striker alongside them or a 10 at the very least right behind them, compared to attacking midfielders.

Cooper's system might get players closer to the striker centrally, than previous regimes. This helps occupy the defence for the striker with the best movement and finishing to get openings but I still think we need a physical striker.

I think we need bodies, mate. 

Bodies and a miracle. So if anyone's selling one of them, GERRIMIN. 

8 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Would this be the first time a team has bought a player with the same surname as a different player that they had previously sold to the same team?

We would be loaning in a Fofana, after selling a different Fofana to Chelsea.

We sold Alan Smith to Arsenal and loaned Ryan Smith, which is the same :) 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, guest123 said:

was told ACL. my guess, if it is true, is it's being kept quiet so other teams don't realise we're even more in the shit when it comes to negotiations.

With how he was moving and walking around at the open training day, I'm going to doubt that 

• Like 2

£10mill should be the absolute maximum.  That's what he cost them and he's proven absolutely nothing. They should be glad of an offer that means they recoup their outlay. We'd be snapping hands to get back what we paid for some of our flops.

Becoming really keen on this signing, he's got some real potential and could be coming into the spell of his career where he realises it.

Plus, a Fatawu - Fofana - Mavididi front line could be devastating on the counter.

Would love to see us bring in a midfielder who arrives late in the box ala peak Andy King 

1 hour ago, -sodapop said:

Would this be the first time a team has bought a player with the same surname as a different player that they had previously sold to the same team?

We had Ryan Smith on loan from Arsenal once and sold them Alan Smith if that counts.

5 hours ago, indierich06 said:

4 goals in 10 starts for Burnley is decent? They had to play United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City during that run too.  

Cannon's got a bit of a talent for sure, but he could barely get a look in while we were in the Championship.

Just don’t see much point of he’s not rather go for that lad from Blackburn who had a solid season last year 

Funny when Chelsea make a profit on a player that failed to get in their team and then failed to impress on loan. Up step Leicester City 😂 equivalent to turning a profit or breaking even on Soumaré, Daka, souttar or VK. Let that sink in. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Becoming really keen on this signing, he's got some real potential and could be coming into the spell of his career where he realises it.

Plus, a Fatawu - Fofana - Mavididi front line could be devastating on the counter.

Would love to see us bring in a midfielder who arrives late in the box ala peak Andy King 

If he plays McAteer does that kind of movement into the box. I'm not sure how much game time he will get though.