Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Fans have their say on poor atmosphere and poor food and drink at ‘Your 90 Minutes’

4 minutes ago, RYM said:

In addition the club set some deadlines for the launch of the FE plan and the FAB, they missed their own deadlines awaiting sign off by over a week.

That wasn’t challenged by the fan groups which I find baffling but it shows how little the club cares and the apathy amongst fan groups.

Her appointment isn’t to look after core fans it’s to sell more widgets in Thailand and to help take the work off her boss, that’s not FE it’s marketing that we have labelled FE.

Aren't you involved in the Foxestrust?

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

Didn't make much sense. 25 year deal - blame Mandaric but ending soon etc.

Mandaric took over in 2007 so that's another 8 years left if that's the case.

I could understand us saying soon if the original deal was agreed when the stadium was built but as you say, that's still a long time left.

• Like 1

It’s hilarious to me that they’ve suggested a possible financial incentive should they force people to move to expand the singing section.

Generally supportive of UFS and what they do, but there was no regard for people who were pushed out of SK1in the first place (on the club, not UFS).

When the section gets going it’s worth having for sure, so no issue with it specifically, but as somebody who moved as a result, the idea that they’d take a recommendation to financially incentivise in the future (especially after Season Card-Gate) is just laughable.

The club couldn’t keep our group together (a 5 that they split into a 2 and 3), told us to get in touch to look at options when general relocation opened, which we did and given it was their doing we were moving at all, they then tried to charge each of us a relocation fee lol

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Fans should have shown them the same contempt and refused the meeting unless someone who actually has any sway at all turned up

Jokers

Unfortunately that's more or less the club's dream outcome as they could then demonstrate that they facilitated the meeting but were given no direction by the fans and therefore no actions to take.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, RYM said:

Not anymore no. I stepped away as I don’t feel my desires for change and club accountability alligned with the those of the trust. 

To have the attitude of “some dialogue is better than none”, to be fearful of “complaining too much”, to not chew off Susan Wheelens ear when you have it to expose the failings below her and to continually be blinded by the BS and false promises from the club with no consequence makes no sense to me. 

There didn’t seem to be any comms plan or strategy beyond wordy statements. When they went on Radio Leicester it was a great chance to tell the story of how fans feel in a professional way but with no plan the content was almost apologetic.

Theres a couple of good eggs in there for sure but most are just delighted to be involved which isn’t why you should be on the board. They’d fully support the removal of a limb if the club suggested it.

They do some good stuff of course, real boring stuff most of us couldn’t be arsed to do but my personal opinion is that they think the comms director is a friend and an ally, he is anything but.

In short (which I’m terrible at) I felt I was giving a lot of insight and opinion which was useful but they were too scared to use my experience and knowledge to rock a boat so you get silenced, ignored.

I can’t be part of something that IMO is bullied and manipulated by a career man and his cronies and doesn’t do what it says it will do because they want to be ITK and first to know about stuff or want a place on the FAB.

When the takeaway from one club meeting was “we were told we should enjoy the Fatawu signing video” I knew it was time to stop!

Fair enough, presume you're getting stuck in to the Foxestrust reform group instead then?

1 minute ago, LC1884FC said:

Fair enough, presume you're getting stuck in to the Foxestrust reform group instead then?

I’ve been in dialogue with them since the start. Speak most weeks about something, same with a couple from UFS. 

12 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

As part of the new Fan Engagement Framework, the club has re-started it’s ‘Your 90 minutes’ sessions for fans to come and give their views to the club on various topics

Here is a summary of the session

Fans have their say on poor atmosphere and poor food and drink at ‘Your 90 Minutes’ – Foxes Trust

(blame Tim Davies and Milan Mandaric) 

Did that come from Jim or is that the foxes trust words?

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Also what absolute bullshitter told them people would hang around outside the ground for three hours after full time to watch the late game on a big screen lol

The answer to the so-called traffic nightmare is to stop driving your cars all the way to the ground, nothing else.

i'm pretty sure if they sold decent beer, put on a nice huge screen and made sure people could get served quick people would indeed stay for a bit. the options to get a drink after the game are shite unless you want to do a 20 minute walk

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, guest123 said:

i'm pretty sure if they sold decent beer, put on a nice huge screen and made sure people could get served quick people would indeed stay for a bit. the options to get a drink after the game are shite unless you want to do a 20 minute walk

And during the three-quarters of the season when it's not warm and sunny?

This also assumes we're playing at 3pm on a Saturday, which we know is increasingly rare. A lot of the time there won't be a game to watch.

Edited by ealingfox

1 hour ago, guest123 said:

explains why the food and booze have consistently been shit since the KP opened 

The first couple of seasons at KP was an Continuous “in-house” operation from Filbert Street before being put up for tender 

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

The first couple of seasons at KP was an Continuous “in-house” operation from Filbert Street before being put up for tender 

now you mention it, seem to remember it was ok the first couple of seasons. they used to do nice pies in the kop, a very distant memory. now you don't even get mustard to put on a dry hotdog

We're not "ran just like a business", other businesses wouldn't get away with such a shit offering.

Catering

Merchandising 

Ticketing

Marketing

Communications 

Operations

Finance

Customer service

Fan engagement 

Are all fundamentally flawed (or have had serious issues) in some way. What sort of other business gets away with that?

• Like 4

Went to the Ajax stadium years ago and outside theres a row of bars and restaurants which i imagine is class on match days on building the atmosphere. Hopefully something like this could be incorporated to the expansion to help with the pre match experience

Edited by South Shire Fox

Sorry but what a total waste of time, you’ll never get anywhere with this, fair play for trying but the club don’t give two shits and it’s a box ticking exercise to appease fans. 

If it actually had any effect then the club wouldn’t even allow the sessions. 

• Like 1

The safe standing thing is odd. I get that they may have been reluctant when it more of a "taboo" subject but most clubs are now getting involved and a lot are embracing it.

Why is there still hesitation?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

The safe standing thing is odd. I get that they may have been reluctant when it more of a "taboo" subject but most clubs are now getting involved and a lot are embracing it.

Why is there still hesitation?

Draconian dinosaur safety head honcho and Susan doesn't like the main sales guy for it in this country.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, RYM said:

When the takeaway from one club meeting was “we were told we should enjoy the Fatawu signing video” I knew it was time to stop!

I know there were some great points above this, but please tell me this was sarcasm 

• Sad 1