Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Fans have their say on poor atmosphere and poor food and drink at ‘Your 90 Minutes’

1 hour ago, ian__marshall said:

Looking at the timelines, I actually think the agreement with Levy must have been for 15 years. Milan took ownership in August 2007, so it's feasible that the catering contract started in 2008. 15 years on would take the contract up to 2023, but with the 18 month extension that Jim mentioned you'd be looking around late 2024/early 2025. 

As said in an earlier thread I'm sure it was extended, this was after an initial 10 year contract.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

FWIW in my line of work I work with contract caterers and I've never heard of anything more than a 5 year agreement. And generally the max you'll get is 3.

Smells like total bullshit to me.

38 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

FWIW in my line of work I work with contract caterers and I've never heard of anything more than a 5 year agreement. And generally the max you'll get is 3.

Smells like total bullshit to me.

No wonder its inedible.

20 hours ago, RYM said:

They do some good stuff of course, real boring stuff most of us couldn’t be arsed to do but my personal opinion is that they think the comms director is a friend and an ally, he is anything but.

met this guy years ago when we did the kickboxing event. absolute slimeball.

18 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Went to the Ajax stadium years ago and outside theres a row of bars and restaurants which i imagine is class on match days on building the atmosphere. Hopefully something like this could be incorporated to the expansion to help with the pre match experience

same when i went to watch AIK

9 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Agreed, didn't make much sense. Having been at the meeting and given it some thought, I think Jim may have got his wires crossed and the agreement is due to end in 2025. He made reference to the contract being extended recently for 18 months to buy the club some time, so the timelines appeared to be incorrect. 

8ziegj.jpg

The club could have bought them out of the contract or came to some other settlement with Compass.

They just don't give a shit, I reckon they were probably glad it's so long as it means they can hide behind it as an excuse.

These issues are on Whelan, supposedly an excellent businesswoman. Just like the ticketing points system, it's been shot for years and nothing changes - fundamentally the club are lazy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Looking at the timelines, I actually think the agreement with Levy must have been for 15 years. Milan took ownership in August 2007, so it's feasible that the catering contract started in 2008.

It stopped being “in-house” at the end of the 03-04 season so any new contract would have started 04/05 

On 06/08/2024 at 10:44, HybridFox said:

It's not though is it. Another example of fans picking up the buck for the club's incompetence. They create their own problems by keeping the road closed way too long after the game and lack of staff to manage the traffic out the ground

Been to many away grounds who don't find it rocket science and you can be out on your way more or less after the game

Surely the length of time the road is closed is down to the police though not the club

• Like 1

On 06/08/2024 at 07:21, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

How does that make him a nice bloke, he's a total snake who tells you anything to get you off his back and then as you said, he'll throw other staff under the bus.

He's the manifestation of the clubs horrid attitude to the fans.

A typical company yes man, says what he thinks will make his job easier, tries very hard to make himself important,

in reality we would be better off not dealing with the man as it does not get any further than him. Non Stick Jim