Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Steven Bergwijn - signed for Al-Ittihad

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Lets remind ourselves of his best moment previously in the Prem shall we? :ph34r:

He'll do the same on 19th.

Two own goals in stoppage time! 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Reported in May Ajax need to sell him due to his wages

Apparently he is on £75k a week

Can’t see why Rudkin wouldn’t beat or match that wage, 5 year deal too, so we can have him knocking round the club like Preat

19 minutes ago, teblin said:

We are looking at pace, so I’m guessing we may try to counter a bit more. 

Yep, seems to be our only planned tactic. And to be fair that should please everyone that has been calling for us to play 'counter attacking' football for the past couple of seasons. 

If we signed Bergwijn I could see him being used as a false 9 type striker too.

13 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I firmly believe he's going to start to implement a 'get the ball forward, quickly' (not long ball) style, when the season kicks off. I think he just needs to get the right personnel through the door. It's actually not bad to watch. He tries to have his team pass quickly through the lines.

If he has us playing this way, the fans will get on board quickly.

personally, I’ve been wanting to see this for a long time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Reported in May Ajax need to sell him due to his wages

Apparently he is on £75k a week

Convinced we are now going to sign Jordan Henderson too. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

4 minutes ago, dooflip said:

If he has us playing this way, the fans will get on board quickly.

Only if we're not losing too many games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Only if we're not losing too many games.

Kind of disagree here. We are favourites to go down, and most fans expect it. If we are losing 4-3 most weeks, with the odd point or 3 here or there and us actually being excited and scoring goals, it won’t be too much of an issue.

• Like 1

Just now, dooflip said:

Kind of disagree here. We are favourites to go down, and most fans expect it. If we are losing 4-3 most weeks, with the odd point or 3 here or there and us actually being excited and scoring goals, it won’t be too much of an issue.

hence why i said 'too many'. Hard to define what is too many.

NEWS: #Ajax in talks with Leicester City about Steven #Bergwijn . 💰 PL club willing to pay more than 20 million euros, but Amsterdammers want more. Ajax rejects offer of (maximum) 15 million euros from Atlanta United. Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DZ-LCFC said:

NEWS: #Ajax in talks with Leicester City about Steven #Bergwijn . 💰 PL club willing to pay more than 20 million euros, but Amsterdammers want more. Ajax rejects offer of (maximum) 15 million euros from Atlanta United. Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL 

They look like they want to recoup the €26m they paid spurs 2 season ago, fair enough but he’s not worth that for me, move

on 

• Like 1

He was really underwhelming when he moved to Spurs, despite good numbers in the Eredivisie.

Interestingly this is not the first time we've been linked to him. When Spurs brought him from PSV we had an offer accepted too, but he chose Spurs instead. I often wondered if we would have got Champions League football had we had signed him, but looking at his time in England that is definitely not the case. Scored just 4 league goals, 2 of which were against us. 

If we loaned him for a season with an option to buy, that would be a different story.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

They look like they want to recoup the €26m they paid spurs 2 season ago, fair enough but he’s not worth that for me, move

on 

Tbf at this point if any new signings help us avoid relegation he is worth €26 million euros 

• Like 1