Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Steven Bergwijn - signed for Al-Ittihad

29 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Don't understand why we would bring in him, Ayew and BDCR.

Because we moved from collecting goalkeepers to collecting defenders, then collecting defensive midfielders and now we are collecting wingers. Eventually we will get to collecting 10s and strikers, just unfortunately not this window.

I don't understand this "collecting wingers" narrative. We have two. 

BDR maybe was at one point but he's not got the pace or skill to be a winger at this level anymore, backup winger, maybe but that's it. Same goes for Mcateer and like them Buonanotte is better at CAM. 

Ayew is another who could do a job there but the truth of it is Fatawu and Mavididi are the only two natural wingers we have. 

That's why I was surprised about the link with the Moroccan lad, I think we need a winger and a striker more. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I don't understand this "collecting wingers" narrative. We have two. 

BDR maybe was at one point but he's not got the pace or skill to be a winger at this level anymore, backup winger, maybe but that's it. Same goes for Mcateer and like them Buonanotte is better at CAM. 

Ayew is another who could do a job there but the truth of it is Fatawu and Mavididi are the only two natural wingers we have. 

That's why I was surprised about the link with the Moroccan lad, I think we need a winger and a striker more. 

It’s more a collecting average players problem tbh.

But Bobby was signed as a winger, and has started both our first 2 games.

….on the wing

Ayew played as a winger regularly for palace last season. Look at his goals record, if we signed him as a striker, that’s even more worrying.

Kasey is a winger. That’s where he plays.

We aren’t just collecting players, we are actively signing players that are bang average at best. It wouldn’t be so bad if they were young with potential to improve, but they’re not. Literally 30+ bang average at best players on big wages. One cost us 8m.

We are literally a joke of a club, it’s disgusting.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dooflip said:

It’s more a collecting average players problem tbh.

But Bobby was signed as a winger, and has started both our first 2 games.

….on the wing

Ayew played as a winger regularly for palace last season. Look at his goals record, if we signed him as a striker, that’s even more worrying.

Kasey is a winger. That’s where he plays.

We aren’t just collecting players, we are actively signing players that are bang average at best. It wouldn’t be so bad if they were young with potential to improve, but they’re not. Literally 30+ bang average at best players on big wages. One cost us 8m.

We are literally a joke of a club, it’s disgusting.

Ayew

Screenshot_20240824_220101_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a2bf3470f7ca40764a8f7967f380dbdf.jpg

BDR

Screenshot_20240824_215923_Chrome.thumb.jpg.13d6056391719b27cade5b5748850c38.jpg

like i said, they can both do a job there but they are both getting on, losing pace and neither are out and out wingers. Both would work far better in central positions whilst covering the wing

We need pace, especially if we are going to be pinned back and need to counter. 

Of course we need a winger who can consistently score 10+ goals a season in a decent league, not sure what half the comments here are on about -- we lack any kind of attacking threat and it's not like we're tripping over ourselves for decent wingers either

On 24/08/2024 at 17:10, Scotch said:

Ayew

Screenshot_20240824_220101_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a2bf3470f7ca40764a8f7967f380dbdf.jpg

BDR

Screenshot_20240824_215923_Chrome.thumb.jpg.13d6056391719b27cade5b5748850c38.jpg

like i said, they can both do a job there but they are both getting on, losing pace and neither are out and out wingers. Both would work far better in central positions whilst covering the wing

We need pace, especially if we are going to be pinned back and need to counter. 

This is Ayew last season… Palace used him as mainly as winger that season and season before he was predominantly RW

He is still crap though. Palace must laughing they doubled their money on him 

IMG_6126-compressed.jpeg

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

This is Ayew last season… Palace used him as mainly as winger that season and season before he was predominantly RW

He is still crap though. Palace must laughing they doubled their money on him 

IMG_6126-compressed.jpeg

Being used as a winger and  being an out and out wingers are two different things. That is my point. We used Perez on the right, doesn't mean he was a winger. We should use Ayew where Perez should have played... in the Okazaki role but only when absolutely necessary. 

And yet Bergwijn only scored 8 goals (9assts) in 83 appearances for Spurs. A better team than Palace. Near identical stats really.  Around a goal and an assist every 10 games.  If Ayew is shit from a statistical standpoint, so is Bergwijn. But he'll cost about 3-4x as much. Maybe more.

We must know we are selling multiple players. Soumare being one at circa £10-£15m. Iversen or Ward for £5m. Cannon for £5m. By the time that's done our net spend will be tolerable for a promoted side ie £30 odd million. 

5 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

We must know we are selling multiple players. Soumare being one at circa £10-£15m. Iversen or Ward for £5m. Cannon for £5m. By the time that's done our net spend will be tolerable for a promoted side ie £30 odd million. 

You think we'll get £15-20 million for Soumare and Ward?🤣

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, benpicko said:

Where have we suddenly got the money from? I swear our budget was said to be about £30m total

We've had money; PSR means we can't spend it all. A few people on here who have followed all the numbers suggested a budget in excess of £30m. 

I can only assume this is as well as an out and out goal scorer and on the basis we can clear a few out first…regardless of the fact he doesn’t exactly seem keen to join (if true)

IMG_6453.jpeg

Edited by kingpower

9 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

If we get Ward out on a free it's excellent business. No club is paying £5m and matching his wages.