Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Steven Bergwijn - signed for Al-Ittihad

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Has played on both wings so would be competition for both Mavididi and Fatawu I imagine

After his time at Spurs though I do worry whether he is yet another one of those players who comes to the Prem after doing well in the Eredivisie, does poorly, then goes back to the Eredivisie and does well again

Basically other than that game against us he didn’t do anything in 83 appearances for Spurs

Not strictly true 17 goal contributions in 3563 one every 209 minutes, so roughly 1 every 2.32 games 

PL wise goal 12 goal contributions in 2465 one every 205 minutes. 

So not that shabby! 

8 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Not sure on this one

Mate, i'd take Steven Wonder at this point!

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yeah, I always get this lad confused with the guy who was at Everton for a short time. What was his name?

Arnaut Danjuma - that's him!

Yes, I'd take Bergwijn, on the basis he's not Danjuma

I don't care anymore, I may regret this feeling but felt the need to air it.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

I don't care anymore, I may regret this feeling but felt the need to air it.

Welcome aboard. It's a nice place to be, actually. None of those ruined Saturdays when you lose, etc. 

• Like 1

Let’s be completely honest, Romano throws out name out there because he knows we are in the market and knows Rudkin will offer a stupid contract meaning his agent friends get richer. I call bullshit.

We need more wingers. Despite the fact we've ran with absolutely no backup for our wide men for years, it's not the norm.

Only interested in this if the attitude is right and his wages a right. He'll see this as a drop though, so my instinct says that he'll want us to pay a premium on his salary.

Just now, teblin said:

We are looking at pace, so I’m guessing we may try to counter a bit more. 

Spot on. We will be looking at pace, and we will be countering more. 

Speaking to a lot of Forest fans (unfortunately for me), In the Premier league Cooper quickly resorted to playing a counter attacking style, following their promotion. This is where he felt he had his most success. I'm pretty sure that'll be his plan for us. I think he's trying a 'half-way house' approach in pre-season, i.e. seeing what he can carry over from Enzo's time in terms of possession football, but I firmly believe he's going to start to implement a 'get the ball forward, quickly' (not long ball) style, when the season kicks off. I think he just needs to get the right personnel through the door. It's actually not bad to watch. He tries to have his team pass quickly through the lines.