Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Steven Bergwijn - signed for Al-Ittihad

Just now, roblcfc84 said:

40m budget and a points deduction, I feel like the club are expecting relegation. 

Is this one of those Tok Tok dances?

🎶 40m budget and a relegation 🎶 

🎶 40m budget and a relegation 🎶

• Haha 2

For the supporters that are blind and if they didn't know.

The club has been ****ed for a few years now and although it's made out that Top wants to continue running the club it is a myth.

As much as I love his family for what they have done for Leicester City it's overdue that the club should go up for sale.

Until then we will continue to be a YOYO club now.

My prediction or worry is that of we do get relegated again this season I think that will be us for the next 10 to 15 years of Premier League football.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

40m budget and a points deduction, I feel like the club are expecting relegation. 

It maybe a net £40m to meet FFP and the board are trying to keep us in Iine as more likely to have mitigation for the current FFP charge due to relegation, COVID etc but anything from now on is indefensible.

i do think the recruitment process must be really difficult adhering to the current regs knowing what we have hanging over us - it’s not lack of appetite to invest as Top would spend more if he could plus I do wonder if they know more about the impending penalty for FFP and the state if Vardy !

Assuming lots but I personally am glad they are not diving in without thought but whether they can get us a competitive team I am not sure but it’s definitely not a lack of trying and many clubs have yet to spend much - it’s not an easy market !

5 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Doesn’t seem like the most obvious position we need to strengthen with our limited spending pot 

I don't know about spending I will be smoking it by the end the season 

21 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Surely if youre expecting relegation then you sign youth players for the future who we can develop and sell on. Not late 20s/30 year olds on 3 year deals and high wages that are going to hinder us in the Championship

He's out of our price range - will surely go to a club with Euro-dosh.

I'm not going to slag off Okali on the basis of a coupla pre-season run-outs, but (like everyone?) am worried about these reports we have spent on him without first prioritising more creative or goalscoring areas.

I don’t like the idea of signing players that would rock the boat if we go down. There’s no way he’d consider toughing out a year in the championship… and because of that we end up loaning him out for a year and paying most of his wages. 

Give me the young lad from paraguay over this guy all day long. 

1 hour ago, Gloria said:

I'm not going to slag off Okali on the basis of a coupla pre-season run-outs, but (like everyone?) am worried about these reports we have spent on him without first prioritising more creative or goalscoring areas.

We did the same last year - spent 10m and big wages on Coady when we didn’t need him. That’s a third of KDH, 10m towards this seasons kitty. We are obsessed with stock piling centre backs, though at least we have moved on from goalkeepers.

Souttar was more than good enough to be 4th choice, I stand by that. What a waste of money he was, yep, same theme, another centre back.

2 minutes ago, dooflip said:

We did the same last year - spent 10m and big wages on Coady when we didn’t need him. That’s a third of KDH, 10m towards this seasons kitty. We are obsessed with stock piling centre backs, though at least we have moved on from goalkeepers.

Souttar was more than good enough to be 4th choice, I stand by that. What a waste of money he was, yep, same theme, another centre back.

Far less obsessed than people are with recognising a total transfer fee in a single years accounts it seems….

• Like 1

If we're thinking of spending circa £10m on David Fofana, and try to get another winger in as well, we might be thinking for circa £20m on, we could do worse than buying Bergwijn, as he has played about 30 games as a striker, so he could cover the two problem areas

Edited by FoxinNotts

So who will be the winger/forward rumour tomorrow then?

Saturday - Asprilla

Sunday - Carvalho

Monday - Doak

Tuesday - Fofana (again)

Wednesday - Bergwijn

Thursday - ???

He is absolute garbage, Ajax are only charging that much because they paid out big for him. He’s a ghost on the pitch, never does anything and was terrible for spurs too. He’d be a bit like tete all over again. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JimJams said:

Whittaker and Rowe would cost less.  In transfer fees and wages. 

and...

Precisely. Need to be realistic.Leicester can’t take on top half premiership wages or waste time on negotiations 

29 minutes ago, Tuna said:

So who will be the winger/forward rumour tomorrow then?

Saturday - Asprilla

Sunday - Carvalho

Monday - Doak

Tuesday - Fofana (again)

Wednesday - Bergwijn

Thursday - ???

Josh Low