Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Steven Bergwijn - signed for Al-Ittihad

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

Just to add some context to those 60 league appearances... it's 2465 minutes. That's a total of 27 full games. Over 3 seasons. He got the same amount of PL game time for Spurs that Dennis Praet got for us. 

And he got too much!

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

Just to add some context to those 60 league appearances... it's 2465 minutes. That's a total of 27 full games. Over 3 seasons. He got the same amount of PL game time for Spurs that Dennis Praet got for us. 

In fairness, he did have some considerable competition. 

At the right price, he'd be a pretty decent signing for us. He's almost certainly better than anything we currently have and would add threat. 

The issue is whether or not we pay thirty odd million for him at the cost of better choices with higher ceilings. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Iran said:

“Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.”

If 60 total league appearances (83 in all competitions) in 3 seasons in isn't a fair crack, then I don't know what is?

Couldn't cut it at a "big six" side, but we are lead to believe he's going to be successful here?

I also hear his attitude is stunning! lol

we are not a big 6 club. Plenty of players aren’t going to be successful with teams in that realm but plenty good enough for a bottom half side. Danny Drinkwater won the prem with us… wouldn’t get a look in at spurs. Stewart downing was one of boris best ever players …. went about 3 seasons without a goal or assist at liverpool. 

Can’t say i get your point. He never really got consecutive runs in the team he was a bit part player. He obviously didn’t do enough but that doesn’t necessarily mean the talent wasn’t there. Winks didn’t pull up any trees at spurs either remember 

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

we are not a big 6 club. Plenty of players aren’t going to be successful with teams in that realm but plenty good enough for a bottom half side. Danny Drinkwater won the prem with us… wouldn’t get a look in at spurs. Stewart downing was one of boris best ever players …. went about 3 seasons without a goal or assist at liverpool. 

Can’t say i get your point. He never really got consecutive runs in the team he was a bit part player. He obviously didn’t do enough but that doesn’t necessarily mean the talent wasn’t there. Winks didn’t pull up any trees at spurs either remember 

The only concern for me is that he was concerned lazy by Spurs fans when he played for them.....we already have one we can't get rid of in Soumare