Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Starting lineup for spurs

Mads

Ricardo  Vesty   Nelson  Justin

Winks     Ndidi   Golding

Fatawu     Macteer    Mavididi

Nelson is better than Okoli,,we need to allow him to get experience.

Macteer doesnt become a headless chicken in front of goal and also needs experience...Not sure Cannon is mobile enough to press a defence

Hamza, Faes, Daka, Coady,Thomas,Ward  are not good enough for the premier league ..why are they taking up squad places

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, drofmor55 said:

Mads

Macteer doesnt become a headless chicken in front of goal and also needs experience...Not sure Cannon is mobile enough to press a defence

Hamza, Faes, Daka, Coady,Thomas,Ward  are not good enough for the premier league ..why are they taking up squad places

I like this. Based on what we’ve seen in preseason there is no chance something like this is happening.

if we see a midfield of ndidi choudhery and winks then we may as well all go home on Monday night.  

10 hours ago, drofmor55 said:

Mads

Faes is good enough. He’s a Belgian international. You might not like him but he has to start over Nelson. Nelson hasn’t had enough game time & specifically pre season game time to be dropped into the spurs role in such a critical position on the pitch. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Lol, as per, the usual foxes talk line ups get trotted out....Alves ,Golding, braybrook, this new lad, cannon, nelson....wouldnt be surprising if some are choosing Casadei 

Don't you know you get better the less you play? 

• Like 2

With what we currently have

Hermansen

Faes.   Vestergaard.  Okoli

Ricardo.    Ndidi.             Winks.     Justin. 
                           Buonanotte.

Fatawu.            
                                            Mavididi

Subs:

Iversen.

Kristiansen. Nelson

Soumaré Choudhury 

Alves

BDCR McAteer 

Cannon.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Lol, as per, the usual foxes talk line ups get trotted out....Alves ,Golding, braybrook, this new lad, cannon, nelson....wouldnt be surprising if some are choosing Casadei 

Back from injury?

We really missed him last season after he just seemed to disappear

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Faes is good enough. He’s a Belgian international. You might not like him but he has to start over Nelson. Nelson hasn’t had enough game time & specifically pre season game time to be dropped into the spurs role in such a critical position on the pitch. 

Being an international doesn’t mean much. VK is in his national squad, and Danny Ward was the year we went down.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Being an international doesn’t mean much. VK is in his national squad, and Danny Ward was the year we went down.

Belgium are a better team than Denmark and significantly a better team than Wales. You can take also take Ward out of this argument as there’s barely any Welsh keepers playing senior pro football! 

9 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

That would have to be our worst PL starting 11 since the Mickey Adams era surely?

Depressing when read it like that.

Any team where Ward isn't in goal has to be a better starting 11 than 2 seasons ago.

Yes we had Barnes and Maddison, but we also had Tielmans who'd given up and Rodgers in charge. 

I'm not saying the starting 11 looks good, far far far from it, but ... at least no Danny Ward (I hope).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Any team where Ward isn't in goal has to be a better starting 11 than 2 seasons ago.

Yes we had Barnes and Maddison, but we also had Tielmans who'd given up and Rodgers in charge. 

I'm not saying the starting 11 looks good, far far far from it, but ... at least no Danny Ward (I hope).

I’m sorry but no.

I know saying how bad Ward is a running joke on here, not even disputing that he isn’t BUT that team had goals in it.

Where are we going to get our goals from as it stands?

We have zero creativity other than unproven PL wingers.

Our squad value must also be the lowest it’s been in how long? 

There's always games that you go in to fearing the worst but I don't think I've felt this worried about a game for a long time.

Tottenham are a very good team, with multiple threats.

We don't have a single threat, and our defence is a complete mess.

Tottenham will be well up for this and our players will trot out already half beaten.

There's going to be some absolute thumpings this season.

Anything less than 5 for Tottenham and il come away relieved.

11 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

I’d rather have that team in full than this one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I’m sorry but no.

I know saying how bad Ward is a running joke on here, not even disputing that he isn’t BUT that team had goals in it.

Where are we going to get our goals from as it stands?

We have zero creativity other than unproven PL wingers.

Our squad value must also be the lowest it’s been in how long? 

3 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I’d rather have that team in full than this one.

I was being facetious. I'm VERY worried about this season. We need several creative players - and in my opinion a decent centre back - and a miracle - to survive this season.

I know Coady is currently injured but I can’t help but think if he wasn’t then he and Vestergaard could be a strong CB pairing. Yea neither are fast, but fast CBs go to the big clubs pretty quick. They can both pass, control and move the ball, and have plenty of experience. I guess, I don’t really understand why Okoli was bought if we aren’t playing three at the back. 

Time will tell I guess.