Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

UK Riots

Well Hankey's five minutes of trying to be reasonable in this section seems to have expired.

Some people just seem completely unable to communicate in a measured fashion.

Q: "How would naming them impact your life?"

A: *honk* *honk* *sealion*

Sigh.

• Like 2

Ultimately the local community will know who they are. 

The reality is naming them could spark more uprisings. At 12 years old you are influenced so much by everyone around you. I’ve seen so many people change once they gain independency from their parents, go to university etc that having a weight around their neck for life isn’t the right way to go. 

The principles of ASBOs (are they still a thing?) for the younger generation was well thought out but in principle did they work? Put them on a register for local authorities eyes only and deal with the situations as they arise.

Locally the overall riots seem to have calmed down now, however it was fuelled by the media as well. You can’t tell me that Hull, Plymouth etc went rioting for any other reason than they saw what was going on in Southport and London on Sky/BBC News and it became a convenient excuse for them to cause anarchy? 

I still think we should have just use the fire brigade and water cannoned the lot of them once it turned violent. I guess that will upset the group of people that seem those tactics to be heavy handed though :ph34r:

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Come on guys - I'd like to be able to keep talking about events like this on here and this is our last shot at it.

Quite agree. I've had my say on the matter, others have had theirs and as per usual never the twain shall meet.

14 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Quite agree. I've had my say on the matter, others have had theirs and as per usual never the twain shall meet.

Indeed, and I fully respect your opinion. I’d just be interested to know why you hold it.

I’ve explained why I don’t think it’s right to publicly name a child, so again I’d like to ask you to explain why you do think they should be? It’s an interesting debate and I’m genuinely curious to understand the reasoning behind the other position. 

13 minutes ago, reporterpenguin said:

Indeed, and I fully respect your opinion. I’d just be interested to know why you hold it.

I’ve explained why I don’t think it’s right to publicly name a child, so again I’d like to ask you to explain why you do think they should be? It’s an interesting debate and I’m genuinely curious to understand the reasoning behind the other position. 

I am astonished at all this sudden curiosity as to why I am sick and tired of youngsters not be named. That is not the point.

Why do these morons get involved in the first place creating the mayhem? My guess is that it is a lack of parental guidance.

I'd be interested to know why these youngsters think it acceptable to loot, set on fire and throw missiles at the police and so on.

As far as I am concerned there is no need for me to elaborate further.

13 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I am astonished at all this sudden curiosity as to why I am sick and tired of youngsters not be named. That is not the point.

Why do these morons get involved in the first place creating the mayhem? My guess is that it is a lack of parental guidance.

I'd be interested to know why these youngsters think it acceptable to loot, set on fire and throw missiles at the police and so on.

And if it is a lack of parental guidance, why publicly the need to permanently label the child because of the ineptitude of the parents. Who does it help? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Reckon these incidents will die down in a few weeks, unless a similar situation arises like with the Southport and Nottingham events.

Edited by Wymsey

15 hours ago, David Hankey said:

I expected you to join in but just in case you weren't aware "sick and tired" is a figure of speech.

Of course, I understand there will always be a body of do-gooders wanting to protect these miscreants in the hope will become useful citizens.

What exactly is a 'do-gooder'? I've never quite gotten it.

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

It doesn't seem very wise to me to allow most mistakes children make to define the rest of their lives. Unless they are really extreme cases, like Venables and Thompson, or the Southport killer. 

Of course, there are plenty of "problem" youngsters who indulge in criminality or anti-social behaviour. Some might have a lack of parental guidance, many don't, many just fall in with the wrong crowd.

You know what could help? Education, and not just schooling. These are the youth clubs, scouts/guides, DofE, community groups etc, that have been decimated by a decade and a half of Tory theft. Giving young people something positive to do with their time that gives them life skills, friendships, aspirations or just plain keeping them off the streets.

Vital services that have been cut to the bone to save a few bob instead of being looked at for what they actually are - investment in the future. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I could be wrong... (I have no evidence to back this statement up) but I suspect that lots of people who think and act this way, and think that others are taking THEIR opportunities, probably come from a similar background.  It's their own life choices and behaviour that have limited their life.  Not other people. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bovril said:

Someone who is probably well-meaning but naive and often sanctimonious 

You see that a lot in this digital era, yes.

Unfortunately, the issues they raise are often valid and people can and do use the aforementioned sanctimony to attempt to invalidate those issues, which can and does cause great harm past, present and future.

Edited by leicsmac

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

What exactly is a 'do-gooder'? I've never quite gotten it.

It doesn't seem very wise to me to allow most mistakes children make to define the rest of their lives. Unless they are really extreme cases, like Venables and Thompson, or the Southport killer. 

Of course, there are plenty of "problem" youngsters who indulge in criminality or anti-social behaviour. Some might have a lack of parental guidance, many don't, many just fall in with the wrong crowd.

You know what could help? Education, and not just schooling. These are the youth clubs, scouts/guides, DofE, community groups etc, that have been decimated by a decade and a half of Tory theft. Giving young people something positive to do with their time that gives them life skills, friendships, aspirations or just plain keeping them off the streets.

Vital services that have been cut to the bone to save a few bob instead of being looked at for what they actually are - investment in the future. 

Probably very similar to a “grass” / “snitch”.

4 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

I could be wrong... (I have no evidence to back this statement up) but I suspect that lots of people who think and act this way, and think that others are taking THEIR opportunities, probably come from a similar background.  It's their own life choices and behaviour that have limited their life.  Not other people. 

100%. They won't ever see it that way because they've been taught to believe they've been wronged. 

'don't protect the mosque, blow the mosque up with adults in it' 

Judge who sentenced Julie Sweeney calling her a keyboard warrior in the process lol

That's all they are. That's all they have. 15 months for an angry post on Facebook. 

Absolute state of some of these cvnts getting banged up for rioting.

Interesting how many of them are reported as crying in court when the judge reads their sentences out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Reckon these incidents will die down in a few weeks, unless a similar situation arises like with the Southport and Nottingham events.

Patriot Wymsey has authorised the new targets boys!

• Haha 1