Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

UK Riots

The Chron and Echo called them "Hundreds of brave counter-protesters" in Northampton. 

The fascists, Nazis, racists and people claiming "I'm not racist but I do hold serious reservations about immigration" didn't show - or at best walked by and realised their silent majority is actually minute.

b25lY21zOmZjMmU2ZWMwLWVlOWUtNDczZC05ZTI2LTA3MjFjZmFhYzUwNToxZmM2MGNmNS1iYWIyLTQ5ZGQtYTY0Yy04YzdlNTNkODEwMGI=.jpg

b25lY21zOjljNWUzMjg0LTkzZjQtNGVkMy1hMThkLTdmNzBiODAzNDk1Njo5MWE2Njg3YS1iMDkwLTQ2OTMtOTYwMi02MGNlOTdiNzI2ZmY=.jpg

I've tried to link a comment from @Wymsey regarding the Lucy Letby case where he questioned the conviction but i couldn'tbecause the tòpic has been closed.

I've  just whatched a C5 documentary about her court case and I'm really doubtful about her guilt and I think she'll be exonerated over time. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I've tried to link a comment from @Wymsey regarding the Lucy Letby case where he questioned the conviction but i couldn'tbecause the tòpic has been closed.

I've  just whatched a C5 documentary about her court case and I'm really doubtful about her guilt and I think she'll be exonerated over time. 

Only caught the end of the programme. It did concern me that medical experts may have been reluctant to give opinion on Letby's behalf due to disastrous outcome on the career of a doctor that gave expert opinion for a previous defendant.

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Bloody awful is this is true.  A quick google suggests the argument that the clusters of deaths are proof has some statistical merit.  Not sure how much that was relied upon.

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Having concerns about migration now makes you a Nazi? Christ. 

People who have concerns write to their MP or local paper.

People who have concerns shouldn't be robbing Greggs or hanging around with guys with swastika tattoos - because they're kinda going to get tarred with the same brush.

Who called you a Nazi?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Re the riots, fantastic to see the good people of the UK on the streets standing up to the far right.

Today is a day for the calendars- mark it up - it's the day JtH completed his transition from Tory to Antifa. I'll be making a collection for the cake later.

• Haha 3

I was in the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham yesterday.

I was meant to be having a meal but the owner called us around 10:00 to advise that he’d have to cancel, as all of his staff didn’t feel safe due to the rumoured protests happening.

It‘s impacting businesses. 

46 minutes ago, Sly said:

I was in the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham yesterday.

I was meant to be having a meal but the owner called us around 10:00 to advise that he’d have to cancel, as all of his staff didn’t feel safe due to the rumoured protests happening.

It‘s impacting businesses. 

Masses of shops boarded up in Northampton in the afternoon.

In other news, the two tiered policing they like to whine about appears to be working g in their favour...

20240808_072424.jpg

Tin foil hat time. There was no way those far right guys could organise a weekend away in bridlington, let alone 100+ demonstrations in 48 hours across the UK. There were only 30 being reported up until 4-5pm yesterday as well. 

This is either a catastrophic failure by Steven Yaxley-Lennon and Farage to see how many far rights are out there or the government/police showing their numbers to try and shut this down. 

The more ludicrous theory is the police "leaking" the locations on social media hoping the counter protesters outnumbered them, but I have said through all this that counter protests just stretch an already stretched thin blue line. 

Glad nothing major kicked off last night, hoping this is the start of all that fizzling out and an exodus of people from Musk's platform.  

40 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Tin foil hat time. There was no way those far right guys could organise a weekend away in bridlington, let alone 100+ demonstrations in 48 hours across the UK. There were only 30 being reported up until 4-5pm yesterday as well. 

This is either a catastrophic failure by Steven Yaxley-Lennon and Farage to see how many far rights are out there or the government/police showing their numbers to try and shut this down. 

The more ludicrous theory is the police "leaking" the locations on social media hoping the counter protesters outnumbered them, but I have said through all this that counter protests just stretch an already stretched thin blue line

That's very risky and I don't think police would resort to those measures? 

I think the former is perhaps more likely. Some guy on Telegram just gaining traction by releasing things at the right time to the right people. 

Nonetheless, great to see the real side of what I think the UK is about. Communities coming together, being stronger when united.

It was just the icing on the cake seeing small pockets of individuals that represent the far right be silenced or humbled. 

Yesterday was more patriotic than anything the far-right have done up to now. 

• Like 1

Wife missed this meeting yesterday as I took her up to meet our kid. Her mate posted this following the meeting.

In my world, if anyone is racist, homophobic or aggressive to a hospital employee they should be thrown out, regardless of ailment.

IMG-20240808-WA0000.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

11 hours ago, Daggers said:

The fascists, Nazis, racists and people claiming "I'm not racist but I do hold serious reservations about immigration" didn't show - or at best walked by and realised their silent majority is actually minute.

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

People who have concerns write to their MP or local paper.

People who have concerns shouldn't be robbing Greggs or hanging around with guys with swastika tattoos - because they're kinda going to get tarred with the same brush.

Who called you a Nazi?

Your first statement read as if someone who has legitimate concerns about migration (illegal or legal, not specified), is a Nazi, which is a serious hole to go down. 

The people with these concerns should be listened to and heard, rather than called a Nazi, racist or far right, that’s how people end up on the right. 

It’s an adult discussion to have and I think if legitimate concerns are ignored then many people will be pushed into voting Reform in 4 years time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

The more ludicrous theory is the police "leaking" the locations on social media hoping the counter protesters outnumbered them, but I have said through all this that counter protests just stretch an already stretched thin blue line. 

Glad nothing major kicked off last night, hoping this is the start of all that fizzling out and an exodus of people from Musk's platform.  

I thought the same, government/police showing numbers, 100+ protests of hundreds of people at each location on a midweek night, couldn’t see it happening. 

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Your first statement read as if someone who has legitimate concerns about migration (illegal or legal, not specified), is a Nazi, which is a serious hole to go down. 

The people with these concerns should be listened to and heard, rather than called a Nazi, racist or far right, that’s how people end up on the right. 

It’s an adult discussion to have and I think if legitimate concerns are ignored then many people will be pushed into voting Reform in 4 years time. 

No, he listed a variety of possibles in his list. 

38 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Let me see if I can help you:

A. The fascists, Nazis, racists and people claiming "I'm not racist but I do hold serious reservations about immigration" didn't show 

B. The Nazis didn't show 

Can you spot the salient difference between these two statements in which one i call everyone a Nazi and the other I clearly don't?

Hopefully you can understand this better now.

36 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I wouldn’t list someone who has concerns about immigration alongside a Nazi, but cool. 

Again, I didn't.

The problem is your reading comprehension, not my ability to ascribe people labels.

18 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Let me see if I can help you:

A. The fascists, Nazis, racists and people claiming "I'm not racist but I do hold serious reservations about immigration" didn't show 

B. The Nazis didn't show 

Can you spot the salient difference between these two statements in which one i call everyone a Nazi and the other I clearly don't?

Hopefully you can understand this better now.

Nope still don’t understand it. 

If someone has turned up not robbed a greggs or trashed a town centre, but has legitimate concerns about illegal immigration, they’re not a Nazi then? Glad we cleared that up. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Nope still don’t understand it. 

If someone has turned up not robbed a greggs or trashed a town centre, but has legitimate concerns about illegal immigration, they’re not a Nazi then? Glad we cleared that up. 

Yet again, I never said they were. 

I do think you'd struggle to find a concern about immigration that I think is worthy of associating with the far right, though, and if you lie with dogs you get fleas.

If anyone went to a riot after Southport in the knowledge of what happened and was likely to happen again, I suspect their primary concern wasn't a "legitimate concern" about immigration.

And, the whole initial use of the inverted commas was to mock anyone claiming that's why they had been there as I simply don't believe it.

This isn't to say I don't think that some people think they harbour concerns about immigration - but almost every single one I've heard isn't legitimate. Maybe you hold one I've not heard.