Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

UK Riots

12 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

If you want to read some seriously unhinged stuff check out the responses (mainly from Americans, it would seem) to this 

I was tempted to politely add that these convictions are actually quite popular here but I bottled it

A rather apt example of what Twitter has become, really.

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

A rather apt example of what Twitter has become, really.

I say this as someone who tends to be naturally suspicious of people with strong opinions, it's all a bit overwhelming isn't it? 99% emotion with virtually no curiosity for what this is actually about

11 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I say this as someone who tends to be naturally suspicious of people with strong opinions, it's all a bit overwhelming isn't it? 99% emotion with virtually no curiosity for what this is actually about

The most disturbing thing about it is that those emotions aren't organic - they're being generated, manipulated and misused through blatant misinformation designed for that exact purpose.

8 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Elon Musk really is just getting more and more toxic. I remember him always being eccentric and outspoken but I don’t remember when he drank the alt-right koolaid.

Around the time he thought he could talk Trump round when he won in 2016, and then much more fully around the time he took ownership of Twitter.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Elon Musk really is just getting more and more toxic. I remember him always being eccentric and outspoken but I don’t remember when he drank the alt-right koolaid.

Went off him when he referred to one of the guys who helps rescue those Thai kids from a flooded cave as a paedo.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sampson said:

You just know he's got a volcano somewhere with an underground lair.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He's a knob and now Twitter has become even worse since he took over. 

57 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Maybe his Autism has a part to play in this?..

I know he isn't American by birth but Musk really is the archetypal American in that he is ostensibly very bright and well educated and yet has a completely childlike, almost mentally-retarded understanding of the wider world and its society and history. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bovril said:

I know he isn't American by birth but Musk really is the archetypal American in that he is ostensibly very bright and well educated and yet has a completely childlike, almost mentally-retarded understanding of the wider world and its society and history. 

Don't forget the US elite attitude of "I made it by myself totally, apart from a massive bunch of cash and networking contacts from my parents but that doesn't count" too.

That particular brand of individualist delusion would be hilarious if it wasn't so consequential.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, bovril said:

Am not sure if he makes controversial comments because it's his own genuine views, or just to stir up the comments/likes etc on his X portfolio..

Edited by Wymsey

4 hours ago, bovril said:

Three years for a tweet that didn't even get seen that much is mad though

The length of the sentence isn't intended to reflect the number of views the posts had, FFS.

As said earlier, it's a flag to others like him that they run the real risk of being locked away for an unexpected length of time.

Or, maybe he got a year for each brain cell he engaged when posting.