Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

US Presidential Election 2024

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

If they do lose in November, I expect their respective egos will take over and they'll blame each other.

The podcasts I am listening to are anticipating Trump ditching Vance quickly if the polls continue to suggest he's slipping.

Edited by HighPeakFox
Oops

35 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

The podcats I am listening to are anticipating Trump ditching Vance quickly if the polls continue to suggest he's slipping.

That's a possibility, but I would think it's also a pretty drastic move that the Trump team would only take if they really felt they had to IMO.

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Not to mention the:

• Lies
  • Rapes
  • Sexual assaults
  • Golden showers
  • Corprophilia 
  • Russians
  • Mail order bride
  • ...And all of the rest of the stuff that good Christians do

And with all that, it's the casual lack of concern for the future of the biosphere itself from him and those that follow him that is the most consequential thing.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

That's a possibility, but I would think it's also a pretty drastic move that the Trump team would only take if they really felt they had to IMO.

Trump has form for firing and blaming everyone but himself

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Well MAGA are calling him ‘Tampon Tim’, so no reason to disbelieve this. 

Yeah.

It just makes me laugh (a bit) that anyone with a shred of ethical humanity can frame any of those bullet points in a negative way.

if you read anything on Twitter about the US Election... half of them think that Harris and Walz are Eastern Plants, bringing in Communism, to start WW3 with Russia and China to establish China as the leader of the New World Order.....   that platform is becoming increasingly bonkers I swear! 

4 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Yeah you would say that, communist. 

You have to laugh at the absurdity of the worldview to be honest...otherwise you then consider that enough people may actually think like that be able to impose said worldview both on the US and the biosphere.

Better not to think about what the consequences of that are.

I know that people have a problem with the BBC.. and  that’s fair enough but it’s not on this level of bias at least…

( note: all tv news networks in the states display this level of bias no matter which side they’re on)

( also note.. this is the BBCs  sister channel in the U.S).

IMG_0171.jpeg

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

I know that people have a problem with the BBC.. and  that’s fair enough but it’s not on this level of bias at least…

( note: all tv news networks in the states display this level of bias no matter which side they’re on)

( also note.. this is the BBCs  sister channel in the U.S).

IMG_0171.jpeg

Key sentence BIU for emphasis there.

Guess it's a byproduct of the individualist confrontational society that often exists there. Reuters, AP or indeed the BBC itself are the way to go over there, even though the first two are dry as hell.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Key sentence BIU for emphasis there.

Guess it's a byproduct of the individualist confrontational society that often exists there. Reuters, AP or indeed the BBC itself are the way to go over there, even though the first two are dry as hell.

personally, I only load up the BBC as I’m also interested a little more in UK news than what Reuters have to offer.. I’d love everyone in the UK who complains about the BBC to be forced to watch American news networks  for 2 weeks. 

BBC isn’t perfect at all… but it’s fairly decent in comparison..

• Like 1

Democrats congress begins today to finish with confirmation of Harris’ candidacy 

they are walking a tightrope on Gaza and I think a lot of the talking up of a deal at the moment  is based in them trying to get agreement before her acceptance speech on Thursday 

it’s clear that they are applying max pressure on all sides - I wonder what kinds of ‘deals’ have been offered to Iran and her proxies to prevent them attacking and driving a full blown regional war.  Are they positive or negative ??

it looks like Israel have rowed back a bit on some of their red lines.  Eg- Philadelphi corridor where they now say a tech solution could work rather than have soldiers there. 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Democrats congress begins today to finish with confirmation of Harris’ candidacy 

they are walking a tightrope on Gaza and I think a lot of the talking up of a deal at the moment  is based in them trying to get agreement before her acceptance speech on Thursday 

it’s clear that they are applying max pressure on all sides - I wonder what kinds of ‘deals’ have been offered to Iran and her proxies to prevent them attacking and driving a full blown regional war.  Are they positive or negative ??

it looks like Israel have rowed back a bit on some of their red lines.  Eg- Philadelphi corridor where they now say a tech solution could work rather than have soldiers there. 

definitely looks like the Dems are divided  over Gaza…

Russian bots are working overtime on Twitter - lots of stories going around about how Kamala struggles with alcoholism.. one source claiming as proof - she knew the difference between two types of wine when she was an attorney!

46 minutes ago, MPH said:

definitely looks like the Dems are divided  over Gaza…

Russian bots are working overtime on Twitter - lots of stories going around about how Kamala struggles with alcoholism.. one source claiming as proof - she knew the difference between two types of wine when she was an attorney!

Red and white?

• Haha 1

Trump posting AI images of Taylor Swift endorsing him seems like a great way to get her to endorse Harris.

Annoying the one person with the most clout on the planet right now is another big brain move for his campaign.

46 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Trump posting AI images of Taylor Swift endorsing him seems like a great way to get her to endorse Harris.

Annoying the one person with the most clout on the planet right now is another big brain move for his campaign.

Perhaps they think that the vast majority of Taylor fans wouldn't normally vote for him anyway as she tends to extol all the values and virtues that he lacks, so there's nothing to lose.

They're wrong though, of course- an explicit endorsement of Harris by Swift would have a significant effect.

13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Biden looks to have gained back about 5 years since his announcement. Shows how much the stress of that decision was playing on him. 

The job itself ages people. Obama looked about twenty years older, not eight, when he'd done his two terms.