Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

US Presidential Election 2024

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I doesn't matter who votes for Trump as the result will be rigged.

Unless he wins.

he’s got more observers watching the vote counting than ever before. He’s got no excuses now..

7 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

It is amazing to me how many of his supporters are content to overlook Jan 6th as completely justified, because of ‘the big steal’, or blame the democrats and Pelosi in particular for orchestrating it.  Impossible to reason with these people.

They've had the system tipped in their favour for so long now (electoral college, gerrymandering, voter suppression) that the idea of their worldview no longer having political power is anathema to them. So when those systems no longer work to keep them having power over other people and to dictate their worldview to them, they're perfectly fine with abandoning even the pretense of democracy in favour of a different system that allows them to keep power.

Those looking to reason with them should take note, as you say.

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

could a result as skewed as this actually happen re the popular vote v the electoral college vote ?? 

It's funny that Trump supporters wrote Nate off as just another liberal pollster until something like this came up, isn't it?

Still a long way to go and anyone can see the volatility in that graph.

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

The debate tonight is a very very big deal.  Harris has to show who she is, not get sidetracked by Trump nonsense, and try to show what a joke he is all in one debate.

Yeah, it's going to be important. Stay away from economic issues as much as possible, go for healthcare and abortion as things to hammer him on. (I would say environmental issues too but sadly the future seems not to bother far too many Americans; still, it would be nice to hear Harris ask "why are your policies setting up a world where at best hundreds of millions of people will end up without food or potable water?")

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

It's funny that Trump supporters wrote Nate off as just another liberal pollster until something like this came up, isn't it?

Still a long way to go and anyone can see the volatility in that graph.

Yeah, it's going to be important. Stay away from economic issues as much as possible, go for healthcare and abortion as things to hammer him on. (I would say environmental issues too but sadly the future seems not to bother far too many Americans; still, it would be nice to hear Harris ask "why are your policies setting up a world where at best hundreds of millions of people will end up without food or potable water?")

Do you think undecided/swing voters are going to be affected by any answer to this question? I wouldn't have thought so.

6 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Do you think undecided/swing voters are going to be affected by any answer to this question? I wouldn't have thought so.

Right, they're not and polling is clear on that, hence the part of the sentence before that bit. Far too many don't think far enough ahead in this regard to prevent problems.

It would just be nice - and perhaps necessary - if that were different. And though it doesn't mean much, that question would also be 100% accurate.

7 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I can't get my head around that they are even a thing given the two options.