Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

US Presidential Election 2024

1-0 Harris. Moderators clearly on her side though…

If she is smart, she won’t turn up for the second debate. All she will do is damage the impact she has made in this debate…

I can see why some people don’t like her though… she’s got that snarly attitude and I find her quite distasteful on a personal level.. but quite frankly that’s what you need when debating Trump. He obviously doesn’t like strong women- they rub him up the wrong way..

Both a bit light on policy and more interested in finger pointing..

Edited by MPH

Just now, MPH said:

1-0 Harris. Moderators clearly on her side though…

If she is smart, she won’t turn up for the second debate. All she will do is damage the impact she has made in this debate…

I can see why some people don’t like her though… she’s got that snarly attitude and I find her quite distasteful on a personal level.. but quite frankly that’s what you need when debating Trump. He obviously doesn’t like strong women- they run him up the wrong way..

Agree with this. I also think Trumps team may not want him to do another.

Regarding not liking her, I mean if she is distasteful  then what exactly is trump? He is a terrible person and just makes shit up. Not that I think kamala is the greatest candidate ever.

As much as I think she took this debate, I'm not so sure this will win as many votes per say as we might think. Perhaps I am wrong on that. 

I'm not in America so you might have better ideas on that than I. Got my own problems here in Canada with trudeau lol.

She won that debate. She was clinical and gave specific answers. Trump was his usual rambling self and barely addressed the questions asked. I can’t recall him giving any specific policy detail to his answers. If I was an undecided voter, who is after all who they are really talking to, I would be struggling to recall what Trump said in that debate that would persuade me to vote for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Agree with this. I also think Trumps team may not want him to do another.

Regarding not liking her, I mean if she is distasteful  then what exactly is trump? He is a terrible person and just makes shit up. Not that I think kamala is the greatest candidate ever.

As much as I think she took this debate, I'm not so sure this will win as many votes per say as we might think. Perhaps I am wrong on that. 

I'm not in America so you might have better ideas on that than I. Got my own problems here in Canada with trudeau lol.

yeah Trumps likeability isn’t even  in question.. or his lack of it I should say.. I think Trump will be chomping at the bit for a second debate. She got a few sucker punches in and got him on the defensive a lot and he will want to come out swinging in the next debate..

• Like 1

Just now, Jattdogg said:

I do agree with you on how light it was on policy. Didn't he say something along the lines of having the foundations of a plan but not an actual plan. I forget what exactly he said again. The heck kind of comment is that lol.

It was about health care and he said something like they have the concepts of a plan! 

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

I can see why some people don’t like her though… she’s got that snarly attitude and I find her quite distasteful on a personal level.. but quite frankly that’s what you need when debating Trump. He obviously doesn’t like strong women- they rub him up the wrong way..

People don't like her because she is a strong successful woman.  From all accounts she is a warm compassionate but strong person. 

• Like 1

Just now, Torquay Gunner said:

It was about health care and he said something like they have the concepts of a plan! 

Ah yes, "concepts"  ffs lol.

Regarding your point on undecided voters, I think you could be right in that it might sway them to vote for her.

Harris did pretty much what she needed to - her team must have identified weaknesses well and she exploited them well too, particularly with the focus on abortion/Project 2025.

Kudos to the moderators too for doing their jobs and fact checking at least some of Trump's more obvious lies.

Harris will win it now

Taylor Swift endorsed Kamala Harris for president moments after the end of Tuesday night's presidential debate against Donald Trump.

The pop star made her announcement in an Instagram post signed as "Childless Cat Lady" - a reference to comments by Trump's running mate JD Vance.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, davieG said:

Harris will win it now

Taylor Swift endorsed Kamala Harris for president moments after the end of Tuesday night's presidential debate against Donald Trump.

Will that change anything?, she is famously a democrat and It will surely not come as a surprise as Taylor previously endorsed the Biden/Harris campaign