Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

US Presidential Election 2024

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Single cat lady weighing in has just lost him the race

IMG_7789.jpeg

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Harris will win it now

Taylor Swift endorsed Kamala Harris for president moments after the end of Tuesday night's presidential debate against Donald Trump.

The pop star made her announcement in an Instagram post signed as "Childless Cat Lady" - a reference to comments by Trump's running mate JD Vance.

Tell me you don’t know who Taylor Swift is without telling me you don’t know who Taylor Swift is.

:whistle:

lol

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Will that change anything?, she is famously a democrat and It will surely not come as a surprise as Taylor previously endorsed the Biden/Harris campaign 

Think of it less as changing her fans' political opinions, and more of motivating voter turnout of a group (young voters) that typically do not vote. This race is likely coming down to which party's base turns out in the highest numbers, and if Swift can rally her fans to show up and vote, it could have a big impact in the swing states. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Think of it less as changing her fans' political opinions, and more of motivating voter turnout of a group (young voters) that typically do not vote. This race is likely coming down to which party's base turns out in the highest numbers, and if Swift can rally her fans to show up and vote, it could have a big impact in the swing states. 

I loved her childless cat lady sign off. 

3 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Will that change anything?, she is famously a democrat and It will surely not come as a surprise as Taylor previously endorsed the Biden/Harris campaign 

I wasn't being serious just that it was coupled in the headline news with the debate assessment.

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Tell me you don’t know who Taylor Swift is without telling me you don’t know who Taylor Swift is.

:whistle:

lol

I know she's a singer who's getting loads of publicity and who the media seems to think, and they may be correct will massively influence every decision on the planet. Other than that I know nothing about her/them.

5 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

It's going to be a race of very, very fine margins. She will motivate a young demographic more inclined to stay at home and not bother. I'd say her intervention will prove crucial, possibly the greatest celebrity endorsement since Eastender's Dr Clegg threw his weight behind Blair.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Daggers said:

Part of me would love another four years of watching press conferences wondering what crazy shit he'd be about to come out with. 

Trump's not here for your entertainment.  Repeats of him shouting "Your Fired" notwithstanding.

31 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Trump's not here for your entertainment.  Repeats of him shouting "Your Fired" notwithstanding.

Quite. When he first started out it was entertaining. Now the consequences are deadly serious. Emphasis on the deadly for some people not of the "right" demographic.

Unless one thinks everything is fvcked anyway and we may as well go down in a storm of black comedy.

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

Trump with the “She will pay the price in the marketplace”. 

She’s a Billionaire, I’m not sure she’s that bothered. lol

And someone like Swift - a successful, independent woman who will use her voice to advocate with gusto - represents everything Trump and his followers dislike anyway (apart from her skin colour).

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Quite. When he first started out it was entertaining. Now the consequences are deadly serious. Emphasis on the deadly for some people not of the "right" demographic.

Unless one thinks everything is fvcked anyway and we may as well go down in a storm of black comedy.

Welcome to my World of Nihilism.

Tbh I'm having a bit of an issue obtaining funding to get it off the ground. Currently it's my garden shed rather than the Nietzschean wonderland I planned on the outskirts of Northampton.

Come sit in the chair of deep contemplation, stare into the hole of nothingness (where googly eyes at the bottom stare back at you). It's a thrill a minute, kids will adore it, everything is pointless and meaningless.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Daggers said:

Part of me would love another four years of watching press conferences wondering what crazy shit he'd be about to come out with. 

He’d still do that anyway. We don’t need (or want) him to win to have him continue to spout crazy shit. Maybe he can go back to TV? 

On 11/09/2024 at 06:51, Detroit Blues said:

~340,000 and counting. My wife is out getting people to register at the local colleges right now here in Houston. So much apathy among people and misconception their vote doesn’t count or they “just don’t like both” without understanding what this really means. The number of times she has told them about the issues at stake and they have been like “wow” is insane.

I think Kamala did a great job of making it about real issues for real people in the debate but I’m just not sure how many truly undecided people voted. It’s not just more people voting it’s, as you said, where they turn up that counts 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

~340,000 and counting. My wife is out getting people to register at the local colleges right now here in Houston. So much apathy among people and misconception their vote doesn’t count or they “just don’t like both” without understanding what this really means. The number of times she has told them about the issues at stake and they have been like “wow” is insane.

I think Kamala did a great job of making it about real issues for real people in the debate but I’m just not sure how many truly undecided people voted. It’s not just more people voting it’s, as you said, where they turn up that counts 

Good on her. It probably doesn't help that the perception is that Texas will always be Red, so why bother, but it seems like Texas is becoming more and more of a toss-up nationally. 

I definitely grew up in an era where enlightened centrism, of "both sides suck" was very prevalent. Now, I think that couldn't be farther from the truth. The ideological divide between the two major parties has grown exceptionally over the last decade. 

22 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

He’d still do that anyway. We don’t need (or want) him to win to have him continue to spout crazy shit. Maybe he can go back to TV? 

But then we won’t get the inevitable outpouring of shock when he makes the US leave NATO, makes a pact with Putin, and hands over all of the US’ secrets in exchange for a few $million and a dacha in Yasnaya Polyana.