Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sankey93

Sam Johnstone - signed for Wolves

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Only getting worse and worse and for uninspiring dross if you ignore the links to good players :dunno:

What good players?

Couple of attacking midfielders that we were seemingly never really in the running for due to the players desire or financial issues? 

It’s subjective of course, but I’ve not seen one link that ticks all the boxes and gets the juices flowing.

Then we get a newly coined tier 1 source telling us we’re interesting in a middle of the road goalie for several million.

Forgive me if I remain uninspired!

1 hour ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

He'd only come here if he was first choice.

We'd only pay that fee for a first choice.

Either nonsense or Mads is on his way. I suspect the former.

Apart from when we paid even more than that for one of our worst ever keepers lol

It’s perhaps an interest in case we were to sell mads late on 

any possibility that arsenal could be interested as a second choice to compete with Raya (assuming ramsdale goes) or Man City to push ortega (if ederson was to go to Saudi) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Can only see us going for another keeper if we manage to move on both Iversen and Ward as the club wants to

With Stolarczyk is out for 3-6 months we would need one if they both went (though I expect Ward will still be here and unfortunately our number 2)

Can't see Hermansen leaving now Chelsea have signed someone else

Love a good meltdown on FT though

Some talk Manchester City want Hermansen if they sell Ederson.

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’d buy into this, if we sold/moved on Iversen and Ward

Why? We already have Mads as first choice and then Stolarcyk will be 2nd choice once he's back from injury pushing Ward to 3rd choice. Realistically, Ward ain't leaving until his contract expires next summer so there is zero point in spending £10m on a back up keeper when the chances are, Mads will play every game next season. 

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Some talk Manchester City want Hermansen if they sell Ederson.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they came in for Mads if they sold Ederson

Would not be happy with Johnstone as his replacement if we did sell him though

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Why? We already have Mads as first choice and then Stolarcyk will be 2nd choice once he's back from injury pushing Ward to 3rd choice. Realistically, Ward ain't leaving until his contract expires next summer so there is zero point in spending £10m on a back up keeper when the chances are, Mads will play every game next season. 

Simply because losing Ward and Iversen and replacing them with Johnstone strengthens thee squad 

id rather have:

Hermansen

Stolaryxz

Johnstone

than

Hermansen

Ward

Iversen

Stolaryxz

1 minute ago, comeonyoufoxes said:

cooper doesn’t want hermansen as we just wanna boot the ball up. he’s realised this and also something that helps would be getting £40 million for him too. 

One or two assumptions here

1 minute ago, comeonyoufoxes said:

cooper doesn’t want hermansen as we just wanna boot the ball up. he’s realised this and also something that helps would be getting £40 million for him too. 

We are not getting 40m for Mads

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Simply because losing Ward and Iversen and replacing them with Johnstone strengthens thee squad 

id rather have:

Hermansen

Stolaryxz

Johnstone

than

Hermansen

Ward

Iversen

Stolaryxz

That 10m isn't very well spent though if we use it for a GK and then can't afford a striker or attacking midfielder.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

That 10m isn't very well spent though if we use it for a GK and then can't afford a striker or attacking midfielder.

Yes, I agree. I wasn’t really referring to any finance 

• Like 1