Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Buonanotte - joined on loan.

5 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Szmodics will be crap at Prem level.

Like Daka crap.

No chance he can control a ball for a start and finish - he is miles better than Daka and is hungry he will surprise a few imo if he gets his chance - £10-£15m is his value and I will be surprised if someone does not give him that chance 

• Like 2

Just now, Old Fox said:

No chance he can control a ball for a start and finish - he is miles better than Daka and is hungry he will surprise a few imo if he gets his chance - £10-£15m is his value and I will be surprised if someone does not give him that chance 

He'll surprise more people with how bad he is.

Had a good season last year but that was an exception not the norm.  He'll revert back to being a bang average Championship striker.

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
55 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Course they do. 

You seen our wage bill? 🤣

9 hours ago, davieG said:

Buonanotte is a 19year old attacking midfielder/winger.

Will Alves is a 19 year old attacking midfield/winger

Sure Buonanotte has more experience but how is Alves going to get his if we keep putting obstacles in his way?

Have I misunderstood their relative situations?

They might be similar ages but that acl has cost Alves nearly two years of development.  This guy is going to be two years ahead.  

That said, Alves will still get game time if he is good enough. 

Don't get the fascination with Szmodics. He's had one decent season in the championship in his entire career and is a pretty bang average footballer. He's 29 next month so there's little to no resale value potential either. I hope we steer well clear. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

If he turns out to be a "baller" and it helps keep us up then who cares? Job done. 

I'll like you're comment to get you into double figures.

I think a lot of people care because we're never going to be any better of a situation if we were to just keep loaning players that we can't keep.

For example, would you not be a little frustrated if Fatawa was no option/no obligation. He'd be more than 14.5 million and we'd be stuck with Bobby Reid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

I'll like you're comment to get you into double figures.

I think a lot of people care because we're never going to be any better of a situation if we were to just keep loaning players that we can't keep.

For example, would you not be a little frustrated if Fatawa was no option/no obligation. He'd be more than 14.5 million and we'd be stuck with Bobby Reid.

Yeah, sure. Not taking a chance on these types of signings means we can't progress. That's a fair comment but it also means that if he flops we aren't out by millions with a dud on the wage bill so we won't fall further into the hole either. 

Plus, if he does help keep us up and doesn't cost a lot to do it then next season, we will not only be better off financially but we wont have a points deduction hanging over us and will be able to attract better players. 

I live in Brighton, asked one of my mates about him and this was his review:

“Opinion split amongst Albion fans.  I like him.  Still young.  Inconsistent. Good feet, can take the ball in tight areas, and likes to drive forward with the ball.  A scorer of good goals.   Prone to throwing himself to the ground to win fouls, though.  A CAM/10, not a winger, in my opinion.   If he can get used to the speed & intensity & of the PL, he could be some player.  Needs regular minutes.  Hope he does well.”

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

Don't get the fascination with Szmodics. He's had one decent season in the championship in his entire career and is a pretty bang average footballer. He's 29 next month so there's little to no resale value potential either. I hope we steer well clear. 

People will still be clamouring for him next season when he scores against arsenal in the fa cup 3rd round for Blackburn whilst sitting on 3 league goals

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Phenom said:

I’m okay with this. I wish we had an option attached but we can’t expect Rudkin to do everything right. 

Anything *

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Szmodics will sign for Ipswich and keep them up 

I don’t get the negativity towards Szmodics on here. Yes, he’s had just one exceptional season (which he won’t repeat) and he is older than is ideal but he’s a tidy player. Both times he’s played against us at the KP he’s been the most effective player on the pitch. 

If terms were sensible I’d take him as a rotation option/second striker/squad player in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kingfox said:

Who knows whether we were actually in for Ayew, when it comes from Alan Nixon you kind of expect it to be bullshit. 

But let’s say we were actually interested in Ayew, but we’ve gone for Buonanotte instead. They might be 10+ years apart, but they are cut from the same cloth in terms of energy and hard work. 

With this particular transfer, the strategy very much seems find a right midfield player who works hard, Buonanotte ticks those boxes. 

Fair enough - sorry I don’t know who Alan Nixon is. Fair point. 

plus I didn’t know they were cut from the same cloth. My knowledge of Buonanotte is limited.

Edited by Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

No chance I would rather we go for Szmodics who will more than likely keep us up over this guy

You’ve got to be his relative, no one has gone about one player so much! 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Has any club EVER not slid down again without billions? The simple fact is they will continue to get their players and managers poached until they make a few wrong decisions, which every single person in the world will do at some point. As we saw ourselves, it doesn't take much to slide down. 

But they have an owner who knows what's he's doing and their business model just carrys on whenever they sell players 

42 minutes ago, Musty said:

Inconsistent. Good feet, can take the ball in tight areas, and likes to drive forward with the ball.  A scorer of good goals.   Prone to throwing himself to the ground to win fouls, though.  A CAM/10,

A straight Maddison replacement then

4 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Brighton may currently be being well ran but they will never achieve anything like we have and Man United would swap places with us over the past 10 years so the sense of entitlement on here defies logic..................so many fans do not realise how lucky we are and have been - we have fabulous owners who have massive credit in the bank even after a low point of backing the idiot BR who got us relegated we bounced back first time by retaining a talented squad at the championship level and also our owners are still as ambitious as ever but the constraints of the rules and granted some indecision in 22/23 has led to us having to rebuild. We are trying to rebuild in the prem within the rules having had a treacherous little Oik leave us for the first sign of money.........I agree with you 100% BHA or any other club except City and Liverpool would trade places with us!! 

In my opinion Brighton could win an FA cup in the coming years. Weiffer and Minteh are excellent signings, Weiffer especially is one of the biggest talents in Europe, I am surprised a bigger club didnt get him.