Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Buonanotte - joined on loan.

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm saying that he almost certainly won't be our best player - but there is always the chance that he might be. We should have negotiated a buy-option for the off chance that he becomes a star here.

Otherwise we'll not really gain anything from this loan when a bit of ingenuity in negotiation would see the opportunity for making money.

Brighton look likely to spend big this summer on O'Riley who plays in Buonanotte's position so the opportunity to ask for a buy-option is clearly there. No buy option only helps Brighton.

...and if he was our best player next year, we would clearly gain a lot. It would by any reckoning have been a very successful loan, even without the option. There would, of course, be many 'yeah but' footstamps to be had when he went back to Brighton, if that's your bag. But it would still have been a huge net positive.

I'm sure most of us would prefer an option to buy, if the terms were reasonable. But we don't know what the terms were, and by definition I think your claim that chucking 'silly money' at it would be a good idea is a bit... silly

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

No option to buy, so we're basically going to give him game time so he can get used to the EPL when he goes back to Brighton for the 25/26 season 🙄

You never no we might continue to negotiate that in the coming weeks but just need him to be with the squad asap for season

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

...and if he was our best player next year, we would clearly gain a lot. It would by any reckoning have been a very successful loan, even without the option. There would, of course, be many 'yeah but' footstamps to be had when he went back to Brighton, if that's your bag. But it would still have been a huge net positive.

I'm sure most of us would prefer an option to buy, if the terms were reasonable. But we don't know what the terms were, and by definition I think your claim that chucking 'silly money' at it would be a good idea is a bit... silly

Just to make it clear. I’m talking about an option to buy as opposed to an obligation.

It is always better to have an option to buy, but the situation we are in, if he, along with a few other loans/purchases can help us to stay up, then our finances should be better next year, our appeal as a Premier League club better and therefore we can then purchase players of a higher calibre and be more attractive to potential signings.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

No option to buy, so we're basically going to give him game time so he can get used to the EPL when he goes back to Brighton for the 25/26 season 🙄

Hes made 40 appearances for Brighton so I'm assuming hes fairly used to the league now

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Hes made 40 appearances for Brighton so I'm assuming hes fairly used to the league now

And a couple of caps for the Argentina team so got to be half decent

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

What's wrong with some people? The entitlement is a bit much.  There's nothing wrong with getting load players especially if you're skint and don't know which division you'll be in next season.  If fact it make perfect sense.

Think about all the crap purchases we've made lately, young and old players that we're saddled with for years sucking a wage out of us and taking up squad places and probably stinking up the place as everyone knows that they're not good enough to play and are just picking up a pay cheque. 

No entitlement here. Just confusion over our strategy, buy young and develop, fine. Buy established and hope we stay up, fine.

we are going from Ayew, to Argentinan youngsters, one seemingly

on a loan with no buy option. 

I know we are not what we were, our demise has been as speedy as our rise, but it’s fair to question our purchasing strategy as currently it makes no sense and even before we have kicked a ball Cooper is making observations about us not getting things over the line. 

I think people just want to understand what the plan is. I think the major worry is, we don’t have one.

Edited by Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12
  • Like 1

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

At racist singalongs?

Of course suggesting all Argentinians are racist because one of them sang a racist song is in itself racist. 

that’s not meant to sound quite as sanctimonious as it probably does.

38 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Brighton aren’t going to send a player out on loan to spend less minutes playing than he did the previous season. If Alves did turn out to be better he isn’t going to keep Buonanotte on the bench.

The deal needs to benefit Brighton, more than being a bit part player at their club and as there is no transfer to be gained it’s about playing time.

No, your manager can pick who he likes to play in the team; he doesn't have to pick Buonannotte if he thinks he isn't doing enough. (Brighton fan in peace here, by the way). If Buonannotte isn't getting as much game time as we'd like, we'd recall him in January, simple (we pulled the plug on five loans last January for that reason).

2 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Of course suggesting all Argentinians are racist because one of them sang a racist song is in itself racist. 

that’s not meant to sound quite as sanctimonious as it probably does.

Well it was pretty much the whole squad judging by the video. But I sincerely apologise for taking the thread off course with my ill-judged attempt at humour.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

No entitlement here. Just confusion over our strategy, buy young and develop, fine. Buy established and hope we stay up, fine.

I know we are not what we were, our demise has been as speedy as our rise, but it’s fair to question our purchasing strategy as currently it makes no sense and even before we have kicked a ball Cooper is making observations about us not getting things over the line. 

I think people just want to understand what the plan is. I think the major worry is, we don’t have one.

Both have similar skillset in that they are hard-runners who put up decent defensive numbers for offensive players (same as Saelemaekers, who was linked). Seems that was a profile we had been looking at. 

• Like 1

I 100% believe if he turns it on and we survive we’d go back in to buy, don’t know if he just doesn’t suit the new manager nor how their manager does, extremely happy with this, doesn’t damage the budget too

4 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Who knows whether we were actually in for Ayew, when it comes from Alan Nixon you kind of expect it to be bullshit. 

But let’s say we were actually interested in Ayew, but we’ve gone for Buonanotte instead. They might be 10+ years apart, but they are cut from the same cloth in terms of energy and hard work. 

With this particular transfer, the strategy very much seems find a right midfield player who works hard, Buonanotte ticks those boxes. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If he has a great season and keeps us up you really shouldn't care less.

• Like 1

We need to get over “I can’t believe we are loaning from Brighton” we are where we are. One season or 2 of loans and frugal spending hopefully scraped staying up. Brighton will end up down there sooner or later always happens with the side that are punching above, like we were to be fair.

• Like 2