Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Buonanotte - joined on loan.

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Why is it desperate? Why do people just assume it’s desperation when a signing comes out of nowhere….. he’s a talented player, Brighton probably wanted him to put on loan, we’ve caught wind and know that he’s a good prospect, and financially it makes sense. Just because it’s Brighton doesn’t mean it’s “desperate”….. if he played for Man City we would be foaming at the mouth.

because there is no option or mandatory transfer at the end of it, we are simply helping to develop a player for Brighton, its one thing to do that with Man City, who hoover up the best young talent, but Brighton? They are a midtable side and this lad can't get near their team

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

But, he doesn’t play for Man City. 

I think people’s frustrations are that 3 years ago we were being touted for regular European football and top half finishes and we are now loaning players from Brighton (who are slowly regressing from the heights they hit and personally I think they’ll continue to do so) a club that we were absolutely fuming were interested in signing one of our best players, as many thought it would’ve been a sideways step. 

Don’t get me wrong, you make some valid points of course. 

I get that, and I do get the argument of how we’ve fallen, but it’s pretty obvious. But, he is genuinely a talented lad, Brighton have made the decision to loan him, only they can answer that, but I don’t agree with it being desperate, some may say underwhelming, but from what I saw of him last season, given a chance he could be a shrewd bit of business. It could mean we’ve got a bit more money to spend on a striker. 

Unfortunately, we’re in the position we’re in. But I’m a damn site more positive about this than Ayew. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

because there is no option or mandatory transfer at the end of it, we are simply helping to develop a player for Brighton, its one thing to do that with Man City, who hoover up the best young talent, but Brighton? They are a midtable side and this lad can't get near their team

He played 1,393 minutes last season (equivalent to 15.5 90s). I'd say it has more to do with the fact they have signed Yankubah Minteh and seem to be getting O'Riley for big money rather than he can't get in the side. 

1 minute ago, Staffs Fox said:

So what if 3 years ago we were aiming for European football and top half finishes?? At the end of the 2012/13 season we lost in the cruelest fashion to Deeneygate in the Playoff final, 3 years later we won the ****ing Premier League!! 

My point? 3 years in football is a bloody long time and we are no longer a top half PL team. Due to shite management on and off the pitch we are where we are and for where we are this signing makes sense. We have to be realistic.

Yeah Brighton seem better managed but we have a Premier League and FA Cup in the past 8 years, would I swap places with them?? Would I ****

Brighton may currently be being well ran but they will never achieve anything like we have and Man United would swap places with us over the past 10 years so the sense of entitlement on here defies logic..................so many fans do not realise how lucky we are and have been - we have fabulous owners who have massive credit in the bank even after a low point of backing the idiot BR who got us relegated we bounced back first time by retaining a talented squad at the championship level and also our owners are still as ambitious as ever but the constraints of the rules and granted some indecision in 22/23 has led to us having to rebuild. We are trying to rebuild in the prem within the rules having had a treacherous little Oik leave us for the first sign of money.........I agree with you 100% BHA or any other club except City and Liverpool would trade places with us!! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Perhaps Brighton have decided they don’t want to include an option into the deal. Perhaps he’s asked to leave because he knows they’ve signed a couple of players and he may naturally slide down the pecki no order. 

And are players at Man City always that good? Not always, I didn’t think Doyle was that good as one example.

Just because he’s being loaned out by Brighton doesn’t make him shit and us desperate. Perhaps they’ve made a mistake and we will benefit from it. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

But we are not are we? I’m fairly sure no one is sitting in the boardroom thinking “ you know what, let’s help Brighton out shall we? Nice team and all that..”

we are doing this purely for selfish reasons, because we feel this is the best decision for Leicester City.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Thanks Mr. Rudkin, could you focus on the transfer window rather than posting on FT though please?

Truth hurts for some I guess......................

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

We shouldn’t be getting worked up on signing on a permanent following the loan. 

In my opinion, we aren’t planning for the future this summer, we are simply doing enough to try and stay up this season. If that means scoring in the last minute of the final game to stay up, that will be a success! 

I think it a bit of both, as Golding is one for the future.

We need to have one eye the present and one eye on the future. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Regarding Alves, he didn't play in the Championship. In the preseason friendlies he looks OK, but anyone thinking he is PL quality right now is being way too optimistic. The succesful blueprint this club has used numerous times to create PL quality players is to loan them through the leagues till they are ready. It worked exceptionally well with Chilwell, Barnes and KDH, and to a lesser extent with Hamza. Luke Thomas is the use case of it NOT working, probably becuase he was kept around.

Let Alves go out on loan for a season, get confident and he might be ready for the first team.

As it stands Buonanotte is further ahead development wise than Alves. Let's all hope Alves gets there, he was super unlucky with his injury. But to have any chance of staying up we need players that are operating at a high level NOW.

I agree with this. Alves needs a loan like Barnes did to a West Brom, Coventry, Plymouth etc! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Neither of them will play every minute of every game. Surely it's good to have rotation and options? 

I’d believe that if he was getting decent minutes now but he isn’t and yet seemingly we have a vacancy for this position if we need this guy 

In all honesty both BHA and ourselves are just feeder Clubs for Chelsea.   Following Enzo’s sacking in November of this year, no doubt the new Head Clown will come sniffing around both Clubs for recruits.  I for one think this could be a very good signing. 

54 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Why is it desperate? Why do people just assume it’s desperation when a signing comes out of nowhere….. he’s a talented player, Brighton probably wanted him to put on loan, we’ve caught wind and know that he’s a good prospect, and financially it makes sense. Just because it’s Brighton doesn’t mean it’s “desperate”….. if he played for Man City we would be foaming at the mouth.

Right but he doesn't play for Man City. You can't use a hypothetical that totally changes the context of the argument.

He's the sort of player we could've been having a pop at on a cheap deal a few years ago when we had the chance to where we could potentially take all the upside. This may not turn out a bad deal for us, but it's a real sign of how far we've regressed - again.

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Good signing, Brighton don’t see us as rivals as we aren’t, very doubtful we’ll be in the top 8/10 in the next 3-5 years, which is where they’re aiming to be. 

Still need a couple more signings to even resemble a PL team IMO. 

We'll have a good go at the play offs next year mate

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Right but he doesn't play for Man City. You can't use a hypothetical that totally changes the context of the argument.

He's the sort of player we could've been having a pop at on a cheap deal a few years ago when we had the chance to where we could potentially take all the upside. This may not turn out a bad deal for us, but it's a real sign of how far we've regressed - again.

Unfortunately this is far from new news, and we have to put it away and try not to be relegated, this guy may help or he may not.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Spot on, and if we stay up and this player ends up a baller, he could end up being worth 30m+ rather than 15m if we have the option right now. We all know Rudkin would be stupid enough to blow our budget in such a situation.

50 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Hahahaha how has he still got a job? 

Tbf, I don't think his job is really about being the first person to report a possible Leicester transfer. His job is to write articles about the club about things that are relevant.

But yeah it must be pretty easy when you have people that figure out stuff, release it, and you just do a little bit of research about the player and then write a few paragraphs about it.