Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Buonanotte - joined on loan.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's desperate stuff isn't it. Sort of player we should've bought a few years ago on the cheap when we were in a position to and now we're signing him for our first side because a team we were miles ahead of haven't had a great start with him. It isn't to say there's no chance he can be good for us but it's a signing that really hammers home how badly we've fallen and how quickly.

Ghezzal vibes

8 hours ago, Bert said:

Collomosse claims we want 3-4 more after this, so let’s wait and see what happens before we all fully lose our heads. 

I swear we hear this at some point during every transfer window, no chance we make 3 never mind 4 including him before the transfer window closes

7 hours ago, sdb said:

I think, in all honesty, Buonanotte is a better player and with more first team experience. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Erm, hopefully you're not.  Because if you are that makes this signing a poor decision.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Jesus half this forum must be loaded with their amazing negotiation skills where they can just convince people to do the exact deal that’s perfect for us and not the other person lol

image.gif.f32f64d7f795e61652b63de60fdfd877.gif

Everyone that negotiates with Ruskin seems to manage just fine.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Jesus half this forum must be loaded with their amazing negotiation skills where they can just convince people to do the exact deal that’s perfect for us and not the other person lol

image.gif.f32f64d7f795e61652b63de60fdfd877.gif

Have a day off Jon

22 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

No chance I would rather we go for Szmodics who will more than likely keep us up over this guy

Maybe, but he'd also cost well over £10m and demand more in wages which carries a far bigger risk than this guy, all off the back of his one and only good season at a level below what we will be playing. 

If this guy fails, it's back to Brighton with him. If Szmodics fails, we are stuck carrying him along with all the other duds. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Maybe, but he'd also cost well over £10m and demand more in wages which carries a far bigger risk than this guy, all off the back of his one and only good season at a level below what we will be playing. 

If this guy fails, it's back to Brighton with him. If Szmodics fails, we are stuck carrying him along with all the other duds. 

@whoareyaaa is not going to change their mind, no chance. That ship sailed some time ago.

• Like 2

Sensible move (finally :ph34r:). Good player, gives us more what we need and doesn’t lock us into long term commitment to keep paying for him beyond this season (like Okoli where we are putting a big bet on on him improving and having resale value, or else we are locked into paying YoY for him via amortisation, which the cap gets smaller on if we go back down). 

I know some here would prefer to buy if goes well (like Fatawu) but if doesn’t (Souttar) we are stuck. 

goal for this season is to stay up and short termism (with small outlay immediately) to achieve that outweighs buying for long term in my opinion 

Edited by HoustonFox
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

I swear we hear this at some point during every transfer window, no chance we make 3 never mind 4 including him before the transfer window closes

Thanks for confirming. 

• Haha 1

I don't particularly like loans, especially those without buy options, but it is probably the best option right now.

Very few will be expecting us to survive this season, and if the truth be told, i doubt our own board think we will survive.

I don't really see 3 worse teams, and that's without our points deduction.

If we do survive, the season after should offer much more stability and allow us to buy players with a view to being a steady Premier League outfit.

For now, we just need some quality in the squad so I couldn't care much how we go about it. 

The only frustrating thing would be if he is performing well, and is vital to our team, and then gets recalled by Brighton (if they can do that?)...

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

Good player that has lots of room for improvement. I think a lot said they expected a few frees and use of the loan market, well this is one of those pretty good loans. So what if it’s Brighton, that’s where we are in the hierarchy now stop being so precious. It’s going to be tough staying up and yes I think 3 - 4 more are needed but it’s a start. 

As for Alves I’m certain he’ll go out on loan or be in or around the first team, need to extend his contract first !

• Like 1