Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Buonanotte - joined on loan.

1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

Don’t know if anyone’s seen the Fab post?

No not seen, what did he say?   'Ayew to Leicester here we go' ????

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Really disappointing that we haven't got an option to buy.

We can’t afford it. Especially if we get relegated 

Edited by Ryy

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If Brighton rate the player, it would be a ludicrous amount anyway. They have all the power and would just dictate a deal that suits them, if we didn't take him someone else would.  

Look at Fatawu, in the end we aren't too fussed about the cost. But that was a huge amount of money for an obligation, considering how raw he is as a player. It could have been a total bust, and we'd have to blow a large percentage on him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'd be more disappointed if we had an obligation to buy. We may well be glad at this time next year.

I cant wait to see this player play for us, young, yes but Carlos Teves reckons he can see traits in him similar to Messi.  Yes, thats, a big ask but he is highly rated by Argentinian sources.   According to some Brighton fans they say he is not frightened to put a tackle in and he likes a dribble.  On the downside he collects yellows like confetti, and when he gets cropped he rolls around on the floor feigning injury.  What, South American doesn't though.

At the very least I am hoping he is exciting to watch.

Just now, Spudulike said:

I'd be more disappointed if we had an obligation to buy. We may well be glad at this time next year.

Same here. I just wish we had the option to buy.

This deal is much more beneficial to Brighton than it is for us although I won't be as disapointed if we're going to sign an attacking midfielder that's ready to start Premier League games and make differences now.

The obligation to buy deals can be extremely beneficial... IF we get the conditions right. Look at last season- we were locked in for Fatawu at what now appears to be a bargain, with Yunus not quite up to it despite us getting a good look at him. 

We've not got any sort of financial muscle compared to most clubs in the league currently, so we've got to be savvy (unfortunately on this occasion, Brighton are far more competent than we are).

Come next summer and Brighton may be wanting to make a big purchase elsewhere, and more willing to sell this player. Of course that depends on our staying up and a good season from Buonanotte. No point worrying about the lack of an option to buy, many things can change over a season.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Ryy said:

We can’t afford it. Especially if we get relegated 

But we could afford to bid £20+m on Soule?

Has anyone entertained the idea that Brighton didn’t want to include any clauses? Other than a straight loan? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I cant wait to see this player play for us, young, yes but Carlos Teves reckons he can see traits in him similar to Messi.  Yes, thats, a big ask but he is highly rated by Argentinian sources.   According to some Brighton fans they say he is not frightened to put a tackle in and he likes a dribble.  On the downside he collects yellows like confetti, and when he gets cropped he rolls around on the floor feigning injury.  What, South American doesn't though.

At the very least I am hoping he is exciting to watch.

We’ve been needing nastiness for a while, plus someone to win free kicks since KDH left. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

But we could afford to bid £20+m on Soule?

Has anyone entertained the idea that Brighton didn’t want to include any clauses? Other than a straight loan? 

That's good point that have been overlooked. It's possible he have been advised to deliver a strong performance to make himself more marketable, without any long-term commitments.