Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Buonanotte - joined on loan.

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep I think most of the forum shares those concerns. Hard to believe that the second best CAM in the Championship, who was left footed and the same age as KDH in Gabriel Sara was not signed for a reasonable 20M euro by Galatasaray.

The club said they were working on Buonanotte for several weeks, so I can only hope they are going to bag someone for the CAM position. Chelsea still have a squad of about 100 players so could see one of their many midfielders ending up here. Hopefully it's someone a bit better than Casadei!

I might be wrong but I think Buonanotte IS the #10 target. Any Brighton fan I've seen talk about him has made clear its his best position and he's by no stretch a winger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JeffreyDiddum said:

Brighton & Hove Albion season ticket holder here - hi! First post in about 3-4 years I think, but wanted to give my opinion on Facundo after seeing a few posts asking for a Brighton perspective.

First of all, and this can’t be overstated, but he’s 19 years old. Despite this, he has played over 50 times for us and has a couple of Argentina caps. So while he is “one of the future”, he is not a rookie fresh from our PL2 set up. He is a break-through season away from being a very desirable asset. Obviously all parties are hoping it happens with you, this season.

Before Southampton and finally yourselves were linked, a deal looked all but done with Feyenoord for a loan with option to buy. Fans, including myself, were *not* happy about this as we pretty much all agree the lad has huge potential and couldn’t understand why we’d agree to sell such a prospect short of receiving a very large fee. We are far happier with a loan for the player to get further experience, and plenty more first team PL minutes. 

I’ve seen a few comments poo-pooing the idea of loaning a player from a perceived “lesser” club, which I feel I must address. In order to do that, I must talk a little about the player, his attributes and his role in the squad.

He is considerably physically stronger than when he joined as a 17 year old, and is surprisingly dogged and robust in the tackle. He is a reasonably short player at 5’9, but isn’t lightning fast. I’d describe his pace as moderate by PL standards - he won’t skin anyone. He is however in the Messi mould (in style, if not ability!) and has excellent close control and dribbling skills. He is not afraid to take on long shots and has scored a couple of cracking goals for us. 

He did have a tendency to sometimes over play in our system under De Zerbi, and would regularly dribble into dead ends before chipping an ineffective cross, or losing possession. However, he is still learning and sometimes would be the player to at least try creative things - often unsuccessfully - to unlock a defence.

He plays primarily as a right winger for us, and has filled in at right wing back. He can also play left wing and at number ten. He is not a pacy, traditional winger and is more of an inside forward. He consistently cuts in from the right wing onto his preferred left foot, crossing to the far post and attempting shots from range. Think a wide David Silva in style, constantly coming into the middle and not holding width.

He has a very impressive workrate, and runs his socks off in the press and tracking back. As mentioned, he’s surprisingly good in the tackle and works hard not to be luxury player. He will serve you well with workrate and team ethic.

After a strong summer of recruitment though, he would find his minutes limited here hence the move. Ahead of him are Minteh, March, Cozier-Duberry and Adingra (RW) and Mitoma, Adingra, and Cozier-Duberry (LW), and our new system doesn’t really feature a “ten” based on pre-season so far, so I think he would struggle to feature for us. This is more a reflection of a very positive summer of recruitment than anything else. 

If you have any questions please ask away, otherwise I wish you - and Facundo - good luck for the season.

So what you're saying is, he's the nu-Messi?

GERRIMIN!!!

19 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It comes from the fact that until 2 years ago, the thought of us loaning a reserve player from Brighton was a very unlikely scenario. Brighton have clearly been well-run but in terms of history, fanbase and recent success we are miles ahead. Even in the excellent first full season under de Zerbi, they finished below where we did twice under Rodgers. And then we've won the PL, Champo twice and FA Cup in the past 10 years, whilst playing in Europe for 3 seasons in that time, including making the QF of the UCL and the SF of the Conference League. 

Yeah but we’re not that team anymore and in the present we are the lesser club now

1 hour ago, JeffreyDiddum said:

Brighton & Hove Albion season ticket holder here - hi! First post in about 3-4 years I think, but wanted to give my opinion on Facundo after seeing a few posts asking for a Brighton perspective.

First of all, and this can’t be overstated, but he’s 19 years old. Despite this, he has played over 50 times for us and has a couple of Argentina caps. So while he is “one of the future”, he is not a rookie fresh from our PL2 set up. He is a break-through season away from being a very desirable asset. Obviously all parties are hoping it happens with you, this season.

Before Southampton and finally yourselves were linked, a deal looked all but done with Feyenoord for a loan with option to buy. Fans, including myself, were *not* happy about this as we pretty much all agree the lad has huge potential and couldn’t understand why we’d agree to sell such a prospect short of receiving a very large fee. We are far happier with a loan for the player to get further experience, and plenty more first team PL minutes. 

I’ve seen a few comments poo-pooing the idea of loaning a player from a perceived “lesser” club, which I feel I must address. In order to do that, I must talk a little about the player, his attributes and his role in the squad.

He is considerably physically stronger than when he joined as a 17 year old, and is surprisingly dogged and robust in the tackle. He is a reasonably short player at 5’9, but isn’t lightning fast. I’d describe his pace as moderate by PL standards - he won’t skin anyone. He is however in the Messi mould (in style, if not ability!) and has excellent close control and dribbling skills. He is not afraid to take on long shots and has scored a couple of cracking goals for us. 

He did have a tendency to sometimes over play in our system under De Zerbi, and would regularly dribble into dead ends before chipping an ineffective cross, or losing possession. However, he is still learning and sometimes would be the player to at least try creative things - often unsuccessfully - to unlock a defence.

He plays primarily as a right winger for us, and has filled in at right wing back. He can also play left wing and at number ten. He is not a pacy, traditional winger and is more of an inside forward. He consistently cuts in from the right wing onto his preferred left foot, crossing to the far post and attempting shots from range. Think a wide David Silva in style, constantly coming into the middle and not holding width.

He has a very impressive workrate, and runs his socks off in the press and tracking back. As mentioned, he’s surprisingly good in the tackle and works hard not to be luxury player. He will serve you well with workrate and team ethic.

After a strong summer of recruitment though, he would find his minutes limited here hence the move. Ahead of him are Minteh, March, Cozier-Duberry and Adingra (RW) and Mitoma, Adingra, and Cozier-Duberry (LW), and our new system doesn’t really feature a “ten” based on pre-season so far, so I think he would struggle to feature for us. This is more a reflection of a very positive summer of recruitment than anything else. 

If you have any questions please ask away, otherwise I wish you - and Facundo - good luck for the season.

Thanks for the insight mate. 

Nice to see you touch on his workrate and defensive work, would you classify that as his best trait as his stats seem to indicate so? 

• Like 1

Just now, kingfox said:

Thanks for the insight mate. 

Nice to see you touch on his workrate and defensive work, would you classify that as his best trait as his stats seem to indicate so? 

I’d say so, yes. I also like that he’s willing to try things when we have lacked imagination. It might be a trick, or a cross - just something to move a deep block a little. He’s a real little terrier off the ball which I love about him. It’s definitely a big plus. 

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I might be wrong but I think Buonanotte IS the #10 target. Any Brighton fan I've seen talk about him has made clear its his best position and he's by no stretch a winger. 

Tom Collomose, who broke the Buonanotte story, reckons we’re after 3-4 more players in addition to Buonanotte. I reckon at least one of them will be another central attacking midfielder.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Tom Collomose, who broke the Buonanotte story, reckons we’re after 3-4 more players in addition to Buonanotte. I reckon at least one of them will be another central attacking midfielder.

I've always though we needed a Striker, a LB, a winger, a CM and a CAM. This guy is either going to be the CAM or the winger. I hope it's the former as it's not only his supposed best position but I'd want the winger we sign to be comfortable on both wings to give us more options. 

• Like 2

Can't see this being the case, but it would be good to get this guy sorted, and get him to France to play some part against Lens.

At least that way we have a semi decent starting 11 to focus training on, then have the rest of next week to bring some more new faces in, maybe for a bench place for the Spurs match.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Tons of people on here act like 3 is something terrible when in fact it would be *****ing great.

The issue is it's incredibly unlikely.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

The issue is it's incredibly unlikely.

Whats incredibly unlikely? That he plays well and we stay up? If thats reason to not look forward to this signing then we may as well not bother signing anyone at all...

If you meant that its unlikely that we get him... Yes, thats exactly the point that I was making. We likely wont get him long term BUT that doesn't mean its not a successful transfer for the next 12 months.

4 hours ago, Super Shinji said:

Summarising your post I read the words ‘Messi’ and ‘David Silva’. Gerrimin

It was reading a lot like "Mahrez" until I read the words "very impressive workrate, and runs his socks off in the press and tracking back".

But definitely, gerrimin

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

Whats incredibly unlikely? That he plays well and we stay up? If thats reason to not look forward to this signing then we may as well not bother signing anyone at all...

If you meant that its unlikely that we get him... Yes, thats exactly the point that I was making. We likely wont get him long term BUT that doesn't mean its not a successful transfer for the next 12 months.

My issue is that he’s not good enough to come in and make the required difference right now so we shouldn’t spend a year developing him for Brighton.

If we need shorter term loans then we should aim for underutilised players that have proven their worth at this level.

If we plan on getting a starting number 10 and using Buonanotte in the same way we used Akgun then no problem. But I think it’s a bad deal for us right now. 

24 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

I think this guy will fill the number 10 roll. I also think Michael Golding will get more game time than alot of people think.

he’s got to get more minutes in preseason if that’s the case 

25 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

My issue is that he’s not good enough to come in and make the required difference right now so we shouldn’t spend a year developing him for Brighton.

If we need shorter term loans then we should aim for underutilised players that have proven their worth at this level.

If we plan on getting a starting number 10 and using Buonanotte in the same way we used Akgun then no problem. But I think it’s a bad deal for us right now. 

Loan for Ayew preferred?