Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Buonanotte - joined on loan.

2 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Very keen on this.

We can't just throw Alves into the starting line up. Even if he wasn't a young lad with no experience of regular football (let alone top flight football) he's still adjusting to life after a serious injury too - we need to take it slow with him. I would expect Alves to make the step up to the squad this season, but we need reinforcements who are ready to start games.

Well said. 

We're seemingly skint. We need at least 4 new players so if we have to hold our nose and get a decent player in solely on a loan, then so be it. If it helps us to have more purchasing funds for the 3 other players then that will hopefully mean we can have a wider range of options to choose from. That's cutting the club a healthy dose of slack.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Yeah but the reaction is just the reality of our situation hitting home for people isn't it. It's obviously not a great look. 

We're supposed to be Brighton, not getting their charity. 

We're coming off the back of a season in the Champ, bad financial mismanagement, there's a points deduction on the horizon - we just need to survive this season, if we do then we can hopefully start to get back to where we were before. It's good that we're cutting our cloth and being a bit more considerate about our transfers, not just spaffing money up the wall left right and centre

• Like 3

Collomosse claims we want 3-4 more after this, so let’s wait and see what happens before we all fully lose our heads. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

It's copium but the fact this has come out of nowhere gives me a glimmer of hope that there might be some better business also going on under the radar.

I wouldn't even call it copium. Just common sense. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Collomosse claims we want 3-4 more after this, so let’s wait and see what happens before we all fully lose our heads. 

Completely contradicts the were skint and spent most of budget Tanner reported yesterday? Who’s right? 

31 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Loaning players off Brighton. Sign of the times. 

I remember someone on here arguing with me a few months ago that we weren’t light years behind Brighton. 

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Completely contradicts the were skint and spent most of budget Tanner reported yesterday? Who’s right? 

We would expect to get at least two loans in. Possibly three although only two can play in a matchday squad. 

so three loans wouldn’t be much outlay 

• Like 1

Hopefully we still sign someone else to be our “star” creative player and he will be the back up - unfortunately I doubt Brighton would let us have him on loan if that was the case though

His record so far in the Prem with Brighton:

40 appearances

23 starts

1,931 minutes played

21.5 90s

4 goals

2 assists

Goal contribution every 322 minutes - every 3.6 games

Quite a bit of that has been playing as a right winger as well

4 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Not necessarily if the other incomings are also loans or frees.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

25 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

At least it's a creative option but he's only a couple of months older than Alves. 

Rather develop our own youth prospects than Brighton's, especially with no buy option :dunno:

I get the shouts re Alves but a few things haven’t really been addressed.

1- nobody knows what his agent is demanding and this could be driving the decision.

2- He’s had a really bad injury, what his agent is asking for might reflect our appetite for this risk. If we offer him a 5 year deal on silly money I guarantee people critisise it.

3- He’s played about 30 mins of first team, professional football has he not?

I’m all for wanting a young local lad in that looks class but nobody knows what’s going on and throwing a young lad into this season might not be wise. All of that said, if he leaves on a free and we aren’t doing what we can to prevent that then the club can **** off.

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I like Tanner, he’s a good bloke but it’s very rare that he comes out with an exclusive, I think a lot of what he reports is second hand information and sometimes the club lead him up a path with what they want him to report. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Could well just be looking at the links to Fofana, Skipp, Johnstone etc.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's coming off the back of a serious injury, just at a time it looked like he might make a breakthrough. To put all your eggs in that basket would be foolish, he's still got the chance to impress. 

Maybe the club feel that Alves would benefit from a loan, given how much football he has missed, a season of playing plenty of games could be just what he needs and then next season comes back ready to step up to our first team, much in the same way Barnes and KDH did. If this is the plan then the deal and the terms of the deal make much more sense. 

Why are people assuming that this signing means Alves won’t get a chance?

We play 40+ games a season are we really expecting 19 year olds to be playing week in week out, for 90 mins? We need depth in all positions and this seems a no brainer.

I do not give a shit about developing other clubs players if he helps us stay up. This season is going to be a slog, we know it is and the financial stranglehold the rules have out around us are ensuring it is just that.  

If by some miracle we stay up then hopefully the stranglehold can be loosened somewhat and we can start spending the cash we have but are not allowed to spend. Until then we’ll have to make do with these types of signings

• Like 1

Relatively happy with this. Left footed CAM/ RW is clearly what we’ve been after with the Soule and Asprilla links. Alves as a right footer is maybe seen in more of the Mavididi position drifting in from the left to one of the CAM positions. 

Not saying I love it, but based how Cooper has been setting us up, can understand it.

in attack: 

Daka 

Kristiansen - Mavididi - Buonotte - Fatawu

Winks - Ndidi 

3 minutes ago, PNM said:

Anyone got any Brighton mates that have an opinion on him? 

I go to a lot of Brighton matches. Another year to wait and then I'll have a season ticket. Distance from Leicester and life commitments means I can't get to many of our games. 

He's a moments player and lacks consistency throughout games. In that way, he's similar to Mavididi in that he's either a 5/10 or a 9/10. Very tidy on the ball, movement is great and doesn't shirk tackles. At his current level of progress he'd deliver 4 goals a year, all amazing. But he has the talent and skills to develop in this area - he's lacked a consistent, long run in the team so a season with us will help him (and Brighton). I think Brighton will be extremely pleased with the deal especially seeing as there's no option to buy. However, there have been a few cases in recent years where their players have gone out on loan and kicked off when they had to return to the club, so there is a possibility we could retain him if it goes well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Loaning players off Brighton. Sign of the times. 

Aren't they a Chelsea Feeder Club too??