Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Buonanotte - joined on loan.

Had never heard of him and assumed he was a youth team player.

Gobsmacked to read he's played 50 games for Brighton and scored a few goals. 

I must be paying less attention to football than I thought!

Alves and Buonanotte are very different players, too. 

Alves is more flair and technical, good at taking people on. He's also right footed and is better suited cutting in from the left when out wide. 

Buonanotte is a player that runs hard and does a lot of good defensive work, is good at passing and receiving the ball in tight spaces, but unlikely to take players on quite as much. Left footed and more suited to playing from the right when he's outside. 

They're not really fighting for the same spot/role in the side. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indierich06 said:

This is SUCH a good signing, people in here need their heads checked.

Sorry but it just isn't.

If we'd managed to buy him or included an option to buy then I would agree because I think in 2/3 years he could be worth a fair bit.

But right now he's not. We are simply developing another team's player.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, davieG said:

Buonanotte is a 19year old attacking midfielder/winger.

Will Alves is a 19 year old attacking midfield/winger

Sure Buonanotte has more experience but how is Alves going to get his if we keep putting obstacles in his way?

Have I misunderstood their relative situations?

Yeh - Alves has just recovered from a season out with ACL injury. 

21 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

If Alves had potential then he surely would be given a chance considering our situation. Cooper is not the first manager to seemingly not rate him high enough hence this guy maybe coming in. O'Riley to brighton and buonanotte to us is a sign of the times unfortunately.

I think he does and will get a chance. We just need someone to share the load.

While it isn't the greatest look to be doing deals like this with mid table teams in the same division, I think the club's strategy will be just about trying to find a way to stay up this year while keeping the finances in check. If that means having to hold your nose and develop a player for somebody else then so be it. 

On the otherhand, the fact that somebody at the club had to leak it to the journalist that we want 3-4 more signings whilst announcing this one probably tells you that the club knows this won't go down very well with the fans 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Sorry but it just isn't.

If we'd managed to buy him or included an option to buy then I would agree because I think in 2/3 years he could be worth a fair bit.

But if he helps contributes massively to us staying up then I really don't care about us developing him for Brighton

Avoiding relegation is all that matters

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

This is SUCH a good signing, people in here need their heads checked.

No one is denying he’s a good player, most people are disillusioned with the club being in a position where we are having to sign players on loan from clubs in our league. Without an option to buy, if he has an amazing season here (like we all hope), all we’ve done is improve Brighton’s first team or line their pockets for more money out of his future transfer. 

Just now, AKCJ said:

Sorry but it just isn't.

Right now we are simply trying to stay in this league, on the back of financial mismanagement and an incoming points deduction. If we stay up and he helps us to do that, it's a great deal. 'Developing another club's player' is such a weird way of looking at it - we have an objective this season and we need to meet it, and we need to do it in a way that makes sense financially.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

No one is denying he’s a good player, most people are disillusioned with the club being in a position where we are having to sign players on loan from clubs in our league. Without an option to buy, if he has an amazing season here (like we all hope), all we’ve done is improve Brighton’s first team or line their pockets for more money out of his future transfer. 

Again, if he helps us stay up - our SOLE objective this season - then it will be job done and thanks very much.

• Like 3

Just dropped on Brighton's fans forum.

They rate him very highly.

He's 19. They have a bloated squad, he needs game time (they're getting Matt O'Riley too)

They are very happy that they are not selling him. Good signs

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

At least it's a creative option but he's only a couple of months older than Alves. 

Rather develop our own youth prospects than Brighton's, especially with no buy option :dunno:

Is Alves premier league level just yet? I'd rather we sign Alves to a long term contract and get him a full season loan in the Championship. Get him ready for somewhere we would likely be in 12 month.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

But if he helps contributes massively to us staying up then I really don't care about us developing him for Brighton

Avoiding relegation is all that matters

The point that he's not good enough to make the difference needed right now.

Two questions: 

At Age 19 will he need to have an official squad place?

When is Ayew going to be announced ? - worrying.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Had never heard of him and assumed he was a youth team player.

Gobsmacked to read he's played 50 games for Brighton and scored a few goals. 

I must be paying less attention to football than I thought!

I definitely paid less attention to the Barclays when we weren't in it because I just wasn't arsed last season, I genuinely don't know who half these lads are.

• Like 2

Agree with those upset we're just developing another team's player for them, but, and it's a big BUT, right now we need a team of players capable of keeping us up, regardless of what happens after.

It's unfortunate if we loan a few players who play well, keep us up, but we've no chance of keeping, but if it means this time next year we're still in the Premier league and with better looking finances, I'd take it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Surely if he's that good Brighton wouldn't consider loaning him out

The new Chelsea.........