Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Buonanotte - joined on loan.

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Sorry but it just isn't.

If we'd managed to buy him or included an option to buy then I would agree because I think in 2/3 years he could be worth a fair bit.

But right now he's not. We are simply developing another team's player.

Have to agree, seems odd, if we are getting a player for a years loan I’d expect them to be established with no option to buy however unless he is very very talented we are just giving him a years experience then Brighton get him back. On the assumption we get a hefty points deduction and thus relegated the deal doesn’t make that much sense.

Edited by Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12

2 years ago the idea of loaning a young relatively inexperienced player from Brighton with no option to buy and effectively develop him for them would be crazy

What a fall off

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Very keen on this.

We can't just throw Alves into the starting line up. Even if he wasn't a young lad with no experience of regular football (let alone top flight football) he's still adjusting to life after a serious injury too - we need to take it slow with him. I would expect Alves to make the step up to the squad this season, but we need reinforcements who are ready to start games.

I accept the injury but not his age or experience as an excuse when you look at Buonanotte's age and experience he must have been playing in the Argentine top league at 17ish and there are plenty of example of younger players being given much better opportunities than Alves and even Braybrooke who seems to be the only cover we have for Winks.

This leads fans to think either we don't want to develop him further and hope he leaves for a few £s to help the budget or they don't think he's good enough. He's not even getting a decent run out in the pre-season games to see if he's ready. Braybrooke is nowhere to be seen.

That's not even going into the crazy idea of developing competition players. I guess the Liverpool lad will be the next transfer in. I think loans between clubs at the same level should be banned.

Guest Kopfkino

Absolute state of this football club developing Brighton’s players for them rather than going out and picking them up where Brighton pick them up. 

27 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

We're coming off the back of a season in the Champ, bad financial mismanagement, there's a points deduction on the horizon

... Pretty sure that's exactly my point, pal 

Just now, filbertway said:

Developing Brighton's young players for them, quite a reality check for anyone that needs one.

Does anyone else remember the 'lotto lout' guy, some average chav in the UK who won the lottery and then like 2 years later was a bin man because he'd blown all of his money and lost everything he'd bought by going bankrupt. In the last 8 years we've won the PL, played in the CL, won the FA cup and also were like the 5th or 6th on the list of highest transfer revenue received from our outgoing transfers. No disrespect to Buonanotte as I actually quite rate him but the fact we're scrambling to loan a player off Brighton after all of that - I can't quite understand how or why we've so badly messed up financially. And also can't quite understand how we (as fans) aren't more up in arms and uproar about the running of the financial side of things, the sales, the Macquarie loans, relegation etc. What the hell has gone on the last few years. Training ground aside, where has all the money gone?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Developing Brighton's young players for them, quite a reality check for anyone that needs one.

That's one way of looking at it

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

Does anyone else remember the 'lotto lout' guy, some average chav in the UK who won the lottery and then like 2 years later was a bin man because he'd blown all of his money and lost everything he'd bought by going bankrupt. In the last 8 years we've won the PL, played in the CL, won the FA cup and also were like the 5th or 6th on the list of highest transfer revenue received from our outgoing transfers. No disrespect to Buonanotte as I actually quite rate him but the fact we're scrambling to loan a player off Brighton after all of that - I can't quite understand how or why we've so badly messed up financially. And also can't quite understand how we (as fans) aren't more up in arms and uproar about the running of the financial side of things, the sales, the Macquarie loans, relegation etc. What the hell has gone on the last few years. Training ground aside, where has all the money gone?

And before anyone says 'it's where we are now' or 'thats the financial situation we're in'. We need to ask why? Why are we in this situation and why has seemingly no one at the club taken any kind of rap for it?

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

100% but that's where we are. Is it better to use this strategy now to stay up, or to do nothing and definitely go down?

We are all massively upset and frsutrated at the club. But it doesn't mean that this is a bad move.

Based on our current position I think it may be a good move, still not sure he is good enough to be that big creative spark we absolutely need though (if that will be his role)

I think this kind of deal just fully sums up the fall off we have experienced

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

We could just go to the source direct? 

Ie. Pick a player direct from South America - Buonanotte's initial fee was just £5.3million supposedly. 

Low wages, small fee, develop at our benefit 

Which is far more risk. Bringing a player over to a new country and hoping they will cope in the premier league. As opposed to someone who is already accustomed to our league. 

• Like 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

We could just go to the source direct? 

Ie. Pick a player direct from South America - Buonanotte's initial fee was just £5.3million supposedly. 

Low wages, small fee, develop at our benefit 

Tbf for all we know that could be 5m we can't spare in a position that Cooper doesn't consider a priority. 

If he's persisting with this shape then we're probably looking at a depth option with Winks and Wilf starting the season as the two at the base of midfield. 

We're hideously desperate for attacking midfielders, potentially a a striker and - if he's stubbornly sticking with this shape, nobody is say it but - a creative attacking left back. 

All more important than a CM if Cooper is sticking around. 

Apparently Brighton are also in for Ferdi Kadioglu as well as O'Riley so they're obviously happy to throw cash about. You'd have thought any DoF worth his salary would have asked about an option to buy given Brighton will have to fund these transfers somehow.

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Regarding Alves, he didn't play in the Championship. In the preseason friendlies he looks OK, but anyone thinking he is PL quality right now is being way too optimistic. The succesful blueprint this club has used numerous times to create PL quality players is to loan them through the leagues till they are ready. It worked exceptionally well with Chilwell, Barnes and KDH, and to a lesser extent with Hamza. Luke Thomas is the use case of it NOT working, probably becuase he was kept around.

Let Alves go out on loan for a season, get confident and he might be ready for the first team.

As it stands Buonanotte is further ahead development wise than Alves. Let's all hope Alves gets there, he was super unlucky with his injury. But to have any chance of staying up we need players that are operating at a high level NOW.

This might make sense if Buonannotte was actually PL ready but he isn't. He offers very little goal threat.

This is more of a Sheffield United loaning Luke Thomas type deal than us bringing in a PL quality player.

Just now, Micky said:

Which is far more risk. Bringing a player over to a new country and hoping they will cope in the premier league. As opposed to someone who is already accustomed to our league. 

It's a low risk move. Something Brighton, Forest and Palace have all done pretty well at. The latter two staying up in the process fielding these players. 

Just now, AKCJ said:

Apparently Brighton are also in for Ferdi Kadioglu as well as O'Riley so they're obviously happy to throw cash about. You'd have thought any DoF worth his salary would have asked about an option to buy given Brighton will have to fund these transfers somehow.

We might have asked and they either said no or silly money, we don't know. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf for all we know that could be 5m we can't spare in a position that Cooper doesn't consider a priority. 

If he's persisting with this shape then we're probably looking at a depth option with Winks and Wilf starting the season as the two at the base of midfield. 

We're hideously desperate for attacking midfielders, potentially a a striker and - if he's stubbornly sticking with this shape, nobody is say it but - a creative attacking left back. 

All more important than a CM if Cooper is sticking around. 

A more than valid view but it doesn't really explain why we supposedly signed Golding for £5m. 

20 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

But if he helps contributes massively to us staying up then I really don't care about us developing him for Brighton

Avoiding relegation is all that matters

Well yeah, but that would be using the benefit of hindsight.

Right now you can't make a serious case to say that Buonanotte would be the difference between staying up or going down.