Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Buonanotte - joined on loan.

I get people are disappointed by yet another humbling reality check but I have never really agreed with the complaints about "developing other teams' players for them" as if it's a good deed we're doing them out of the kindness of our hearts rather than a mutually beneficial transaction.

The real question is why we decided to spend what was presumably a decent chunk of our budget on yet another centre back and then our target for a position of actually quite desperate need is a loan for a mid-table Premier League squad player, though with this coming totally out of the blue I suppose we can't discount the possibility we've got another attacking midfielder lined up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

This might make sense if Buonannotte was actually PL ready but he isn't. He offers very little goal threat.

This is more of a Sheffield United loaning Luke Thomas type deal than us bringing in a PL quality player.

Played quite a few games for Brighton last season in the premier league, scoring some good goals and assisting.  Has recently played for Brighton in their pre season tour of Japan assisting twice in one game.

Brighton fans rate him, albeit saying he is raw at 19yrs old, and are pleased he is coming  to us instead of PSV.

Can play in the number 10 role too.

Seriously, in our financial situation, what do some people expect.

I can't wait to see him play for us.

• Like 4

Shows where we are, developing Brighton’s youngsters. But that is the reality and we all knew that.  To get out of where we are we need to stay in the prem first and foremost.

I think this is a good loan, we obviously won’t have an option or anything but if it means we can buy another creative player then I’m all for it. He is pretty good I think, not really a risk. I would expect him to be cover for wingers and maybe 10? I also don’t think this impacts Alves as much as everyone thinks.  Maybe he will go on loan or maybe if he good enough, he is good enough. I also think this would mean Alves can play with less pressure. I’m all for this, if he was a perm everyone would buzzing for this. I know it not ideal but it’s where we are at and if we got more loans like we might have a chance of staying up. If, (and it’s a a big if)we stay up this year we can build from these and start growing again. 

Edited by DezFox

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

After the links to Jordan Ayew, I decided to look around for right midfielders who’d offer similar defensive output, Buonanotte’s defensive numbers showed up excellently. 

Cooper clearly wants players that will work hard and graft, I’d take Buonanotte over Ayew any day of the week. 

No problem with wanting players who work hard but ultimately football is about putting the ball in the back of the net.

I would imagine we'll need to find 45-50 goals from the squad this season in order to stay up. The defence simply isn't good enough to rely on like Everton did where they only managed to score 40.

To me that means we need 3 players to score 8 or more league goals. and given we look to have a fairly defensive midfield I just don't see it.

• Like 2

Missing last season has definitely set Alves back a bit. I'd keep him around until Jan and maybe loan him out if opportunities are limited. Despite being a similar age, this lad certainly has more experience and seems more EPL ready. Weird he hasn't gone the other way if O'Riley is heading to Brighton 🤔

Taking Brightons youth players to develop them is a stark reminder of where we are as a club now.

That gripe aside, he'll probably be a good addition for us.

• Like 1

Good player; poor deal for us, especially if he blocks pathway for the likes of Alves. But this is where we are. He is good enough, cheap, and we need bodies that are good enough. 

Furthermore he is young, hungry and has plenty to prove. More of that please, but ideally not on loan from rivals with no options to buy… 

Edited by FoxesWalk

27 minutes ago, Micky said:

So all of those players are established, high performing premier league players now? 

Of course not all. But the transfer fees and wages involved mean your risk is significantly reduced

MacAllister, Caicedo, Enciso, Murillo, Danilo, Scapra (six month gamble which made £5m profit), Rodrigo Muniz are excellent examples 

Murillo a cracking example - signed for Forest under £10million, plays CB most of last season and very likely to make a huge profit. 

Edited by CosbehFox

7 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Played quite a few games for Brighton last season in the premier league, scoring some good goals and assisting.  Has recently played for Brighton in their pre season tour of Japan assisting twice in one game.

Brighton fans rate him, albeit saying he is raw at 19yrs old, and are pleased he is coming  to us instead of PSV.

Can play in the number 10 role too.

Seriously, in our financial situation, what do some people expect.

I can't wait to see him play for us.

Where you got this from???

He scored 3 and got 1 assist.

In Argentina for Rosario he was on the wing, not a 10 same for Argentina.

And he's little we've got enough little players.

• Haha 1

Alves is going to be around the first-team squad all season long, that much is clear.

At the moment Buonanotte is the more developed and experienced player but there's nothing to say that both couldn't play in the same team at some point.

Let Alves develop without too much pressure and without overly risking a breakdown thanks to his previous injury. He'll get minutes over the course of the season and a chance to impress, surely.

If we stay up thanks to Buonanotte's contribution and Alves is first XI-ready at the start of 25/26, that's probably the ideal solution, right?

• Like 4

The people saying we are developing Brightons players are talking nonsense. If we stay up and have a good season and he likes it here and Brighton fans nosh in a similar position like mid table lower mid table then what's stopping us being able to get him permanently? We are newly promoted with a points deduction pending, we won't be getting superstars. I like this signing, can play and get stuck in, young and hungry to impress, better than an overthe hill Ayew.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Alves is going to be around the first-team squad all season long, that much is clear.

At the moment Buonanotte is the more developed and experienced player but there's nothing to say that both couldn't play in the same team at some point.

Let Alves develop without too much pressure and without overly risking a breakdown thanks to his previous injury. He'll get minutes over the course of the season and a chance to impress, surely.

If we stay up thanks to Buonanotte's contribution and Alves is first XI-ready at the start of 25/26, that's probably the ideal solution, right?

Assuming Alves signs a new deal… isn’t he out of contract next summer?

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

No problem with wanting players who work hard but ultimately football is about putting the ball in the back of the net.

I would imagine we'll need to find 45-50 goals from the squad this season in order to stay up. The defence simply isn't good enough to rely on like Everton did where they only managed to score 40.

To me that means we need 3 players to score 8 or more league goals. and given we look to have a fairly defensive midfield I just don't see it.

I see zero point in throwing toys out the pram just yet. If Tom Collomosse is correct, then we should expect 3-4 more players through the door, hopefully that will include a striker and another creative midfielder. If we come to the end of the transfer window and that doesn’t happen, then they’ll be a justified uproar. 

Getting in a few players on loan was always going to happen, Buonanotte is a decent talent who will graft for the team, I’d rather have players like that over a bunch of showboaters who don’t give a shit. 

It a low risk move that bring in a player, with some creativity.

We used the loan market to good effect last season, Doyle, Fatawu playing massive part in our success, Akgun and Cascadi also played a part.