Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Buonanotte - joined on loan.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

He's a good signing if we're actually able to get 3 or 4 more in. A lot depends on that tbh.

Just now, turtmcfly said:

Really struggling to get my head around the 'without/with an option to buy' dissonance here.

I'm saying that he almost certainly won't be our best player - but there is always the chance that he might be. We should have negotiated a buy-option for the off chance that he becomes a star here.

Otherwise we'll not really gain anything from this loan when a bit of ingenuity in negotiation would see the opportunity for making money.

Brighton look likely to spend big this summer on O'Riley who plays in Buonanotte's position so the opportunity to ask for a buy-option is clearly there. No buy option only helps Brighton.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He's a good signing if we're actually able to get 3 or 4 more in. A lot depends on that tbh.

Depends on the terms of the deal, for Brighton to let him go they are going to except him to start the majority of matches. If he is pony or out of form does he start regardless 

Welcome to Leicester Buonanotte! Sorry in advance for how many times we’ll butcher your name. But seriously, I’m really excited about this. He’s got the talent. A few more signings like this and there might actually be some optimism on Foxes Talk! Ok ok... steady on... let’s not get ahead of ourselves...

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm saying that he almost certainly won't be our best player - but there is always the chance that he might be. We should have negotiated a buy-option for the off chance that he becomes a star here.

Otherwise we'll not really gain anything from this loan when a bit of ingenuity in negotiation would see the opportunity for making money.

Brighton look likely to spend big this summer on O'Riley who plays in Buonanotte's position so the opportunity to ask for a buy-option is clearly there. No buy option only helps Brighton.

And if Brighton say no?

If he improves the team and the squad then we gain from it, simple as that.

I'd expect Alves to go out on loan. Club clearly don't think he's ready for Premier League football at the minute but maybe feel he will be after a year elsewhere. Hence bringing in someone else to make up the numbers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

He'll only block Alves' playing time if he's a better player. And if he is a better player then it makes us more likely to stay up.

Can we pin this to the start of the thread. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'd expect Alves to go out on loan. Club clearly don't think he's ready for Premier League football at the minute but maybe feel he will be after a year elsewhere. Hence bringing in someone else to make up the numbers. 

He’s only got a year left on his contract. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

He'll only block Alves' playing time if he's a better player. And if he is a better player then it makes us more likely to stay up.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can we pin this to the start of the thread. 

Brighton aren’t going to send a player out on loan to spend less minutes playing than he did the previous season. If Alves did turn out to be better he isn’t going to keep Buonanotte on the bench.

The deal needs to benefit Brighton, more than being a bit part player at their club and as there is no transfer to be gained it’s about playing time.

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And if Brighton say no?

If he improves the team and the squad then we gain from it, simple as that.

Then move on to other players that are more likely to make a difference this year.

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Brighton aren’t going to send a player out on loan to spend less minutes playing than he did the previous season. If Alves did turn out to be better he isn’t going to keep Buonanotte on the bench.

The deal needs to benefit Brighton, more than being a bit part player at their club and as there is no transfer to be gained it’s about playing time.

If that's the case they'll have a January recall. Nobody is going to sign a player who you need to guarantee minutes to. 

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Then move on to other players that are more likely to make a difference this year.

It's nearly the start of the season, we've already moved on from numerous deals because of one reason or another. At some point you need to get people in. 

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Are you suggesting that even if Alves were the better option,  Cooper would be obliged to pick an inferior loan option instead? If so, you’re being a bit silly. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
14 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

And equally I don't think we'll lose anything by sending alves on loan to the champ with a January recall clause. Easy to forget he made zero league appearences last year and is coming back from a major injury.

I’m not sure what people are actually expecting from this season… we’ve just come out of a very financially crippling period for our club. It could be argued we are still in it.  We have GOT to get squad members in. We can’t afford to buy ten players..survival has got to be the aim no matter who we sign and wether they stay with us.or not.

Also, Just because there is no obligation to buy, doesn’t mean we can’t  put an offer in at the end of the loan, it basically just means there is no fixed price.  Whilst the Fatawu deal worked well for us, it might not be that sensible thing a fixed price into a young lad with potentials asking price.. he could blossom, and it might mean Brighton will want  a bit more if he does well. It’s a very sensible way to run a football club, if you are the selling club. Us? Survival is the game and we need to do it however we can. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I know Alves is great, but let's face it we need depth and options. Alves can't and won't be going straight in to play every single game. 

I can't see that it'll actually restrict his development that much, either. 

My worry with Alves is the lack of minutes in pre-season.

4 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

If we send Alves on loan theyd better get him on a new deal first.

Probably be a case of we will only send you on loan if you sign a new deal