Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
09bballer

Lens away - Saturday

Cooper is in exactly the same mould as Rodgers. Hasn't got the players he wanted (or was promised) so therefore we succumb to the way he wants to play but without the players with the ability to carry it out. And because of that, will not change there philosophy in order to cement there approach and ideas as the be all and end all. We will get pumped, week in and week out with this squad and this manager.

Can't be many teams across Europe that have regressed as much as us surely.

Rodgers first 18 months or so doesn't even feel that long ago and we were playing the best stuff I have ever seen from the club in my life

• Like 2

Bloody hell this doesn’t fill us with any confidence does it? First few games of the season are gonna be a tough watch. I just hope all the confidence our best players had from last season isn’t sapped away.

Genuinely braindead at board level to bring a Forest coach in. Whether you care about it or not is literally irrelevant because many many people will. And that in itself is a "shoot yourself in the foot" decision because the second results go the wrong way, the pile on will intensify a hell of a lot more than getting in someone else, I.E Potter.

Will only end in tears and the board cannot have any more chances left.

Edited by TheGoldenGod

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We would be selling a load of our players if that happened and wouldn’t make top 6 for sure. We had to come straight back up for the money that was on offer 

It was tongue in cheek, however I've never felt so underwhelmed before the start of a season. I normally can't wait for it to start but this actually feels a bit scary !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

That can change quickly, decent PL season for Hermansen, Fatawu and Mavididi there value rockets.

One good season same for Okoli same for him.

Add in Alves, Nelson, Golding and Braybrooke.

I think they are trying with the like of Soule but we just can't seem to get then over the line.

I didn't want Cooper, but now he's here we have to give him a chance.

If Nelson stays he'll sit on the Bench again for the season.... They don't seem to value the 3 academy lads enough to send them on championship loans to get them decent games and experience in them. They are decent prospects and of value as LCFC players or if they can sell them on. 

Not sure why the spent on another CB when others areas need bolstering. 

Edited by Stormfox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

i think the club knows we're likely going down again, this is a have a go and see wat happens 

Firmly believe this is the Corporate business plan. ( which is more important than the football plan) at what used to be our club.

When at the end of the game Cooper bemoans the lack of signings, I hope the interviewer points out that he started with some of his better creative players sat on the bench. Ricardo, Mavididi, Alves, our best footballing centre back Vestergaard, our best available striker in Cannon - all sat twiddling their thumbs until we have been out to the sword. 

This is appalling. Absolutely no kind of cohesive play. No pressure off the ball and 8 men permanently behind the ball.

This is going to be a long, long season. Spurs are better than Lens and it and should have been 5 or 6.

Very worrying.

Stinkly does it... Believe in the stink. Give the players time to adjust to the stink. 

Sorry, I meant to write slowly, process and tactics but autocorrect etc.