Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
09bballer

Lens away - Saturday

4 minutes ago, markko said:

Did not see the game. I know Daka went off. Did Cannon get any minutes? How did he look? What is up.with Vardy and how long will he be out? I think we will add to the squad. We have to. We need some quality though not just volume.

Vardy is a mystery. 

Mav was preferred to Cannon for the striker role. 

Edited by Sly

On 03/08/2024 at 14:51, Shah johns said:

Just now, Sly said:

Cannon didn’t play. He was left on the bench. 

How odd..He is either not fit or Cooper does not want him. Very odd. Surely you gotta give him a chance even if it is to confirm your thoughts. If we don't sign anyone as it stands we have no striker!

2 minutes ago, markko said:

How odd..He is either not fit or Cooper does not want him. Very odd. Surely you gotta give him a chance even if it is to confirm your thoughts. If we don't sign anyone as it stands we have no striker!

He did actually come on I think. I’ve just blocked the entire game from my memory. 

Why is everybody so concerned about friendly results. They are only played to improve fitness and to try out formations. The results/performances don’t matter which is why I have never watched one. I am concerned about this season due to the playing squad not due to a few friendly results.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I tried to make sense as to why it's all been going wrong over on my own channel:

• Changed the attacking setup for the worse
  • Using the wrong players for the wrong positions
  • Player positioning all over the place
  • Awful pressing
  • Poor build-up

I try and show real examples with comparisons to the team just 4 months agon in the video.

Probably not the best season to launch a YouTube channel given our incredible perfomances so far :nigel:!

Just think, if you can get through this season then you'll be prepared for anything in the coming years :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

Why is everybody so concerned about friendly results. They are only played to improve fitness and to try out formations. The results/performances don’t matter which is why I have never watched one. I am concerned about this season due to the playing squad not due to a few friendly results.

I agree that results don’t matter at all but I think performance does massively at this stage. 
Anyone who watched that yesterday saw very worrying signs. It looked like the first day of pre-season training with a new manager, not the last pre-season friendly a week before the new season. 

9 hours ago, guest123 said:

sounds like heaven 

It was just a bit strange.  We couldn’t be trusted to go into the stadium without riot police surrounding us, but once in, we were left to our own devices!  

2 hours ago, Rain King said:

Just as a side note. Driving in France was an absolute luxury, first time driving abroad and it was infinitely more enjoyable than this country.

My daughter agrees, her first time too. She was worried about the roundabouts but found it all a breeze. Whereas Dartford and the M20 are a joke.

• Like 2

Just now, 09bballer said:

My daughter agrees, her first time too. She was worried about the roundabouts but found it all a breeze. Whereas Dartford and the M20 are a joke.

Stuck at the approach to Dartford tunnel for nigh on 2 hours. Unfortunately every other possible route was closed.

5 hours ago, Rain King said:

Just as a side note. Driving in France was an absolute luxury, first time driving abroad and it was infinitely more enjoyable than this country.

Drove to Lille back in 2018 and thought exactly this at the time. Genuinely easier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Don't you think that three consecutive club managers all saying roughly the same thing while in post, earlier and earlier, screams something else?

Because to me it says that all three have been lied to.

Or all 3 have heard the excuse of the previous one and used it to try and cover there own backs.

Probably somewhere in the middle

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I reckon the absolute best we can hope for this season is, we scrape past Derby's lowest ever points total in the premier and we somehow finish off the bottom - though we will be certainly in the bottom three.

Yep, I'd take hitting 20 points and avoiding humiliation. 

Great away trip.  Lens not as bad as people were saying, obviously they have never been.  Pubs/cafe bars were decent beer good.  Their fans were very good, great atmosphere decent stadium.  View through netting which is normal at away european venues.

Sit or stand where you like, again normal for european aways, some people from UK don't understand this.

As for the football Lens were superb.  Mendy best player on the pitch by a country mile everything for them went through him.  (we never gave him a chance did we).

We were disorganised, clueless, and quite frankly a disgrace.  I am going to the bookies this week and putting 20 quid on us not even getting to double points this season.  We can't even make simple passes, and never looked like making or trying to make a forward pass.  A scuffed shot from Cannon greeted with, We've had a shot, we've had a shot etc....something like the 75th minute.

(only shot on target entire game, 0 corners entire game).

Who knows what will happen against Spurs next Monday.  5, 6 nil would be my prediction.  Saving grace for me.  I am in Majorca and no I am not finding a bar out there to watch it in.

11 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Or all 3 have heard the excuse of the previous one and used it to try and cover there own backs.

Probably somewhere in the middle

I think you're going some to think a man who's only been in the job a couple of weeks is making excuses lol

13 hours ago, Daggers said:

Don't you think that three consecutive club managers all saying roughly the same thing while in post, earlier and earlier, screams something else?

Because to me it says that all three have been lied to.

Possibly but the situation has been plain to see... The players at the club and the likely money available,who can't see that?? 

1 minute ago, Stormfox said:

Possibly but the situation has been plain to see... The players at the club and the likely money available,who can't see that?? 

And they sit opposite Rudkin, and Rudkin tells them a tale...

Who can't see that?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I think you're going some to think a man who's only been in the job a couple of weeks is making excuses lol

Why it's clear he can't successfully set up a squad to play football. This team minus one player played perfectly as a team together last season (whether you liked the style or not) now they look a complete shambles. Cooper can see that so is setting up his excuses already in case it goes wrong and some people are buying it unfortunately 

• Like 1