Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
09bballer

Lens away - Saturday

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Which is one of the reasons we couldn’t persuade Potter. 

It depends how desperate the individual is for the job 

potter wanted his own men in, doesn't go with the jobs for the boys approach we've taken

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Stormfox said:

The might sell a tale but do your homework!! 

40 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Why it's clear he can't successfully set up a squad to play football. This team minus one player played perfectly as a team together last season (whether you liked the style or not) now they look a complete shambles. Cooper can see that so is setting up his excuses already in case it goes wrong and some people are buying it unfortunately 

No idea why I'm being portrayed as a defender of a manager I think is woefully incapable of doing the job at a club run by people I despise, when I've been perfectly clear Cooper should never have been appointed and King Power should sell up and piss off with Rudkin.

I'm buying nothing this club is trying to sell - literally and figuratively. I marked my homework, I did pretty well and gave myself a gold star on the merit board.

• Thanks 1

I appreciate it was a pre season friendly but Saturdays game is one of the most woeful performances I've seen from a Leicester City side. 

I left the stadium early as I was embarrassed by our performance and wanted to get the hell out of there. 

We need a minimum of 4 signings this week and for them to instantly gel and invigorate the other players. 

Sadly we know the clowns that run our club simple do not have it in them 

19 minutes ago, Daggers said:

No idea why I'm being portrayed as a defender of a manager I think is woefully incapable of doing the job at a club run by people I despise, when I've been perfectly clear Cooper should never have been appointed and King Power should sell up and piss off with Rudkin.

I'm buying nothing this club is trying to sell - literally and figuratively. I marked my homework, I did pretty well and gave myself a gold star on the merit board.

Wasn't saying you were defending him just clarifying my statement after you questioned it

On 10/08/2024 at 16:42, Brooksy said:

I've not watched us at all in pre-season. Is it as bad as it sounds?

It's worse truth be told. 

We literally have no nailed on formation, style of play, players looking motivated, fit etc 

It's the worse prepared side I've ever seen and although I was willing to give Cooperman a chance the alarm bells are resounding and he appears totally and utterly clueless. 

If we could I'd get shot of him now 

• Sad 1

On a brighter note, the support we took abroad for a preseason friendly was incredible and their fans were great around the town. Everything from 1/2 hour before kick-off to the final whistle was an unmitigated disaster, access to the stadium, over sold away end and hideous performance.

I saw 1 bloke sat outside the entrance to the ground who was streaming the game on foxeshub because the view was so bad! 😂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

On a brighter note, the support we took abroad for a preseason friendly was incredible and their fans were great around the town. Everything from 1/2 hour before kick-off to the final whistle was an unmitigated disaster, access to the stadium, over sold away end and hideous performance.

I saw 1 bloke sat outside the entrance to the ground who was streaming the game on foxeshub because the view was so bad! 😂

True. 

Not mentioned anywhere but the number and support from the fans was pretty impressive for a pre season friendly. 

Lens were absolutely great and are now my official French team - lovely people 

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

True. 

Not mentioned anywhere but the number and support from the fans was pretty impressive for a pre season friendly. 

I was really surprised so many came.

Bet it was a delight for the ufs bus that stewards on seeing a drum and some flags didn't shit themselves.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

I was really surprised so many came.

Bet it was a delight for the ufs bus that stewards on seeing a drum and some flags didn't shit themselves.

Looking at the support we had out there it was a good cross section from young families through to the more mature fans like myself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

True. 

Roughly how many City fans, out of the 1000 allocation we were given, would you estimate turned up ?

Just now, coolcol said:

Roughly how many City fans, out of the 1000 allocation we were given, would you estimate turned up ?

Seemed more than that. A lot had to climb over into the empty section below as there was no space and the stairs were full of people.

4 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I thought Lens had over sold our area too although it was very small 

Nice as the ground was, the signage was piss poor. Nothing to tell you to walk down a residential street to get to the away end, an arrow pointing you to floor 1 that only leads you to floor 2, and by the time I'd found my way in, yeah there was precious little space to stand. I think a lot of people had given up and gone wherever.

Still rather have that chaos than English stewarding though.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed

On 11/08/2024 at 03:11, Old Fox said:

Sadly it’s a reminder of how we have fallen Mendy was a squad player but would walk into our current team - the depth of the squad when he was here and the talent we had in our relegation season just makes me more angry and frustrated with BR and his self promotion clap trap as that squad should never have gone down. This squad is 100% going down …….shows how poor the championship is and the gap is huge …..we will sadly do a Burnley or Sheffield u down with a whimper but ITFC will put up a fight……just wish we had the players and team spirit to do likewise…

We definitely had a much better squad. It was really embarrassing any team can go down that squad.

Think about the squad we have now. If we think our most valuable player is say Winks, and who else, what about then:

- Barnes: Top EPL player now at Newcastle

- Maddison: Absolutely top class and now at Tottenham

- Evans: 2 years on and he is still at a top top club, Man Utd

- Tielemans: At Villa

- Mendy: I was a fan and he is in a top French club

- Soyuncu: Would not we want him back now? He would still be better than anyone we have now at CB

- We still had Vardy, Ndidi, Nacho

- We had excesses with Soumare, Thomas, Kristensen, etc

All we needed was a winger back then (not exercising option to buy Lookman was a mistake by the Board)

How the hell did we get relegated??! Two words: Brendan and Ward.