Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
09bballer

Lens away - Saturday

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's not earnt the chance, abysmal decision making in pre-season and a clear shift in transfer strategy too because of him.

Get him gone, cannot stand the thought of being managed by him.

He has the job, of course he has earnt his chance. The change in transfer strategy is related to the (mistaken in my opinion) desire to avoid relegation I imagine. Would rather place the long game, but here we are.

1 minute ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

Do you all really think he’s going to play his first 11 in his final pre season game? 

It's fairly commonplace to do so to fine tune things with a week to go. 

You'd hope this isn't what he'll pick vs Spurs but you never know, he was extremely turgid in his team selections at Forest in games against the big 6, so I could well see him deploy 3 defensive midfielders.

I've realised today I just cannot hack both the return to the PL or Cooper being in charge. When the fun stops, stop.

Genuinely wish we were still in the EFL. This isn't what I want at all, so I suppose getting blasted week in, week out is just ticking the games off to him getting sacked and us going back to the Championship. If Top would sell up as well come the end of it then fantastic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

In all fairness, @Ric Flair is usually right

Nothing will happen today that could affect the season itself aside from an injury to a player.

It's literally just a run around at a competitive tempo to get players ready for when football actually matters.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

He has the job, of course he has earnt his chance. The change in transfer strategy is related to the (mistaken in my opinion) desire to avoid relegation I imagine. Would rather place the long game, but here we are.

I'm triggered, I want him gone.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Nothing will happen today that could affect the season itself aside from an injury to a player.

It's literally just a run around at a competitive tempo to get players ready for when football actually matters.

And by that time some of our best players have been warming the bench on the run up to our oopening match 🙄

9 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Indeed - He’s got Ricardo, Mavididi, McAteer and even Alves stuck on the bench who would be better goal threats than having both Ndidi and Choudhury playing. 

It's pre-season, they'll all get some minutes this afternoon.

• Like 2

Just now, phoneticerror said:

And by that time some of our best players have been warming the bench on the run up to our oopening match 🙄

Who are these best players that aren't getting a run about?

The only lad that hasn't played a great deal is the 19 year old that has never started a game for us.

Only Cooper and his team know the ins and outs of each player's fitness.

• Haha 1

Some comments on this site are awful.

Everyone complaining before a ball has even been kicked.

It’s the last game we can watch without having to really give a ****. Enjoy the football, and stop being so negative.

Save the pessimistic comments for later this season.

I'm triggered, I want him gone.

Have to say that I'm getting increasingly concerned that he's undoing a lot of Enzo's good work very quickly. Removing Vesty and Ricky P massively undermines our capacity to play out from the back. Add that to playing 3 CDMs, and it looks like we'll be parking the bus and hitting the odd long ball forward for the pacy guys up front to chase. So we will end up having about 18% possession against the better teams, like Forest did under him. I get that possession isn't everything but removing some of our most technically proficient players is going to make this a very hard watch. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, niyaminski said:

It’s the last game we can watch without having to really give a ****. Enjoy the football, and stop being so negative.

I'm sure they will 

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ricardo not featuring from the start for the last two games is a major red flag 🚩 

Being the fullback who goes into the back 3 as a CB doesn't suit him, and with his decline physically with injuries playing the fullback that become the auxiliary winger probably doesn't.

Has to play in the 6 next to Winks for me.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Justin over Ricardo? Reid over Stephy? Hamza over anyone in the 10? Not happy with any of those picks

It's pre-season, Reid hasn't had many minutes. They'll all feature this afternoon.

• Like 1

It's fairly commonplace to do so to fine tune things with a week to go. 

You'd hope this isn't what he'll pick vs Spurs but you never know, he was extremely turgid in his team selections at Forest in games against the big 6, so I could well see him deploy 3 defensive midfielders.

I've realised today I just cannot hack both the return to the PL or Cooper being in charge. When the fun stops, stop.

Genuinely wish we were still in the EFL. This isn't what I want at all, so I suppose getting blasted week in, week out is just ticking the games off to him getting sacked and us going back to the Championship. If Top would sell up as well come the end of it then fantastic.

Agreed 

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Have to say that I'm getting increasingly concerned that he's undoing a lot of Enzo's good work very quickly. Removing Vesty and Ricky P massively undermines our capacity to play out from the back. Add that to playing 3 CDMs, and it looks like we'll be parking the bus and hitting the odd long ball for the pacy guys up front to chase. So it will be having about 18% possession against the better teams like Forest did under him. I get that possession isn't everything but removing some of our most technically proficient players is going to make this a very hard watch. 

Coops knows what he's doing

(Take that as a good thing or a bad thing):ph34r:

Just now, niyaminski said:

I am saving all my built up anger and aggression for next Monday night because this club of ours is turning dog s**te right in front of our eyes! Whilst we are in the hands of the comedy duo at the top it is going to be turgid crap after turgid crap… rudderless and incompetent