Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Bilal Toure - loaned to Stuttgart

22 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

We are not skint. However we are restricted in what we can spend because of PSR. We’re also likely struggling to sign players because of the looming points deduction. We were always going to be making liberal use of the loan market this summer. 

Genuinely wondering what the hell people were expecting 😂

• Like 3

Just now, Babylon said:

My expectations were basically zero then we tried to spend almost thirty mil on an Argie wonderkid after signing an Italian U21 centre back and I dared to dream. 

Now I'm just coming back round to expecting nothing again. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Maybe people were expecting us to spend more than we did in the championship last year? Maybe they were hoping our DoF had learnt some kind of lesson and not thrown around stupid money?

9 minutes ago, jv1 said:

does anyone know how many we can have in total from prem and abroad- the 2 is from prem isnt it? or is that in total- if its in total we are screwed

2 registered at any one time, 4 across the season. 

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There’s no point even trying to explain things anymore….. according to some, we’re skint, and no one wants to join us because we’re getting deducting 100 points and Roma are signing all of our targets when they’re not actually interested in them, just to piss is off. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

We are not skint. However we are restricted in what we can spend because of PSR. We’re also likely struggling to sign players because of the looming points deduction. We were always going to be making liberal use of the loan market this summer. 

So are Ipswich €72m and Southampton €63m and they have both spent double the amount so far and In Ipswich case PSR is even more restrictive. 

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

So are Ipswich €72m and Southampton €63m and they have both spent double the amount so far and In Ipswich case PSR is even more restrictive. 

unlikely to have our wage bill though.... 

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Yeah but we've already got a pending points deduction for a season that, unless I'm mistaken, is still in this rolling three year window. 

If we survive this year without spending too much we'll be in a pretty strong position to invest next year, no? 

• Like 3

I liked the look of him at Reims when he was breaking through.

If staying up at all costs is why we're loaning rather than signing unproven players, I really wish we'd also get a few £5m players in and loan them to Leuven for the season. We have an appalling squad value right now.

51 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Loan central, god we are bloody skint 

It's low-risk though.

Controversially, I think that going forwards we should be using way more loans. Business is a risk. Look at the signings of Soumare and Daka. These were big investments that did not work out. If those players were loaned instead, things would be much more secure.

His spell might have ended badly, but Tielemans was a good example. Joined on loan and impressed. Then joint for good and won us a huge trophy. The way it ended left a sour taste, but I think it would be more prudent as a club to be more risk-averse in our signings.

• Like 2