Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Bilal Toure - loaned to Stuttgart

12 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

So are Ipswich €72m and Southampton €63m and they have both spent double the amount so far and In Ipswich case PSR is even more restrictive. 

PSR for Ipswich would be less restrictive now they have access to Prem income wouldn’t it?

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but we've already got a pending points deduction for a season that, unless I'm mistaken, is still in this rolling three year window. 

If we survive this year without spending too much we'll be in a pretty strong position to invest next year, no? 

Same as last season and the spending that took place?

If we survive this season our PSR limit won’t change, it will still be 83m. More high earners could have left, but it depends of what they are replaced with and there are the additional merit payments from where we finish at the end of the season.

edit amount 

Edited by HankMarvin

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

PSR for Ipswich would be less restrictive now they have access to Prem income wouldn’t it?

2 seasons in the champ plus one prem as opposed to Southampton and us with one season in the champ 3 year rolling average 

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but we've already got a pending points deduction for a season that, unless I'm mistaken, is still in this rolling three year window. 

If we survive this year without spending too much we'll be in a pretty strong position to invest next year, no? 

No, we will be skint forever and soon enough will be playing on Victoria park in pants. 

#****ed #weredoomed #wevefallensofar.

• Haha 1

Quite surprised how pally we are with Atalanta given I assume we gave Congerton a glowing reference that was full of lies lol 

Edited by AjcW

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Quite surprised how pally we are with Atalanta given I assume we gave Congerton a glowing reference that was full of lies lol 

all the pain of congerton is offset by the fact he got them Lookman. 

Everything would have been different if we’d triggered that option :cry:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

My expectations were basically zero then we tried to spend almost thirty mil on an Argie wonderkid after signing an Italian U21 centre back and I dared to dream. 

Now I'm just coming back round to expecting nothing again. 

I think we’ll still spend a bit, but the way people go on they were expecting everyone to be a wedge and no frees or loans despite our obvious position!

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think we’ll still spend a bit, but the way people go on they were expecting everyone to be a wedge and no frees or loans despite our obvious position!

I think we’re saving it for something. Potentially splashing on a striker, which I would be okay with. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think we’re saving it for something. Potentially splashing on a striker, which I would be okay with. 

I think we could have the best striker in the world but we seriously lack the ingredients to get him the ball especially in centre mid

1 minute ago, Haywood_6 said:

If he's half as good as Ulloa then I'll be happy with that. 

Erm. All banter and memes aside, I'd be gutted if we signed someone who was only half as good as Ulloa. 

Loved Leo but he was very much at the bottom end of Premier League quality. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As others have said, barely played for Atalanta last season after getting a bad injury in pre season.

And yeah they have just signed Retegue but I think Scamacca picked up a bad injury in a pre season game.

Even on loan, this would be a risk if we are going into the season with him added to our strikers but I recon we are definitely after a big striker. Cooper mentioned last night that it’s important to add quality and variety speaking specifically about our attack.

edit: Scamacca out for the season for them.

Edited by VLC86

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

To be fair, he wasn’t there long enough to run them. Although this guy was one of his first signings, cost about £30m and barely kicked a ball.

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Erm. All banter and memes aside, I'd be gutted if we signed someone who was only half as good as Ulloa. 

Thought exactly the same but didnt want to throw muck on the name🤣🤣

I think he's more likely to come in and make an immediate difference as opposed to Buonanotte who I think needs time to develop so I don't have as much of an issue with a flat out loan for Toure.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That's fair, I might be overestimating him, but I do miss having a striker of his ilk. He had a certain composure about him too. You definitely appreciate players like him more who came up trumps with important goals when you see someone like Daka wildly slashing at chances week in week out. All I'm saying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Think that's a tad harsh. 25 g+a in 4000 minutes (about 45 lots of 90 minutes).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

I think we could have the best striker in the world but we seriously lack the ingredients to get him the ball especially in centre mid

Which is what we are trying to remedy…… 

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

2 seasons in the champ plus one prem as opposed to Southampton and us with one season in the champ 3 year rolling average 

Ipswich one of few team publishing the calculations for their Profitability and Sustainability assessment.

For the last 3 year period they we under the limit -39m (3 x 13m) by 18m.

That doesn't included last season, but suggest they should have a decent amount of head room.

I still expect us to spend 30m to 40m before the end of the season to be honest. 

Edited by coolhandfox

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Not sure why anyone is bothered about these sort of deals. Perhaps it's the word 'loan' causing the anguish. I look at it as a 1-year contract with a much smaller transfer fee and only having to pick up a portion of the wages.

If these short term contract players contribute to achieving our ambition of retaining Premier League status then it's a success. Rather have them for a year than not at all.

We've been stung far too many times by players out of the Euro Leagues that we can't move on.

With us now being a selling club, it really matters not as we know any talent will soon be off anyway, so to see the best footballers it matters not