Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Will Alves signs new deal until 2028!

Posted (edited)

https://www.lcfc.com/news/4079226?lang=en

Will Alves Signs Long-Term Leicester City Contract

Talented Academy graduate Will Alves has committed his long-term future to the Football Club with a new contract to June 2028.

- Will Alves commits long-term future to Leicester City

- The 19-year-old joined the Club’s Academy at Under-9s level

- He made his Foxes debut in an Emirates FA Cup tie in January 2022

The 19-year-old, who made his senior debut in January 2022, joined the Foxes at Under-9s level and has progressed steadily through the Academy ranks to establish himself as a key player for the Development Squad in recent seasons.

He made his Premier League 2 debut at Blackburn Rovers in August 2021, finishing the campaign with 20 appearances to his name, while also helping the Under-18s to reach the latter stages of the FA Youth Cup and U18 Premier League Cup.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Alves said: “It’s a great feeling. Another four years here, where I’ve been for my whole life, I couldn’t really see myself being anywhere else but here.

“Going through what I’ve been through, getting past that and all the hard work and determination that I’ve shown to get back, it’s made me tougher, and I just want to keep on working and not take it for granted.

“Learning from all the different players here is great for me, I couldn’t be in a better position. Being able to play with the players that I have been watching and being a Leicester fan and having this opportunity, it’s unbelievable.”

A Foxes supporter and former Season Ticket Holder, Alves made his senior debut for the Club at the age of 16 in January 2022, coming on as a substitute in a 4-1 Emirates FA Cup victory over Watford at King Power Stadium.

He followed this up with another taste of senior football in December 2022 when he featured for City in a 3-0 Carabao Cup win against MK Dons.

His 2022/23 campaign was interrupted by injury, but the youngster made his return to action in an EFL Trophy clash at Fleetwood Town in November 2023 and has gone from strength to strength with a series of impressive displays since.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1