Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Will Alves signs new deal until 2028!

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Scratch the surface and his development of academy players isn't very impressive at all. He did extremely well with England U17s but I don't think it's unfair to say they were a generational group whom many have gone on to be world class players. 

He's obsessed with Premier League experience and he's not got the bravery to put his faith in to unproven players in high stakes situations. I've no interest in a manager like that, producing academy players for our first team is slessential, just as much as attempting to stay in the Prem.

We've chosen poorly with Cooper.

I respect your opinion but personally hope

You are wrong and he does ok for the sake of our club.Time will tell.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

There does seem to be a policy at Leicester that you need to have

Haha it feels this way, I feel like a proper numpty because the main redeeming feature I was holding onto with Cooper was that 1) we'd be developing our own academy talents and 2) we'd look to bring in young players to develop who can be sold on in future.

It's early days, but he's shown absolutely no indication that he has interest in that. Instead we've signed a couple of aging journey men, which you can only assume is at his request.

I'm holding onto hope that there'll be an unexpected change of direction but it feels unlikely. At the minute it feels very much like this season is just going to happen and pass us by - we're just aiming to exist rather than putting in building blocks to success that will pay off years down the line.

The club as a whole just feels stagnant to be honest. Enzo's attitude was a shot of adrenaline but we're dying under the leadership at the club and nobody is really arsed.

Exactly how I feel. I managed to overcome the initial horror of us choosing Cooper by being convinced he'd at least get the fans on board by championing youth. All he talks about is PL experience, was literally the only thing he had to say on the signing of Bounanotte too 😂😂😂😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bounanotte signing really pissed me off.

Whats the ****ing point.

Give our youth players a chance, not other teams’. Yes he looks neat and tidy, but what’s it worth? He’s not our asset and going back to Brighton later this season no matter what. Watch how we sign this El Bilal kid aswell, without loaning Alves out.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Bounanotte signing really pissed me off.

Whats the ****ing point.

Give our youth players a chance, not other teams’. Yes he looks neat and tidy, but what’s it worth? He’s not our asset and going back to Brighton later this season no matter what. Watch how we sign this El Bilal kid aswell, without loaning Alves out.

I could understand the Buoananotte signing if he was genuinely an elite talent but currently i dont see it, he very much looks like a standard talented 19 year old who struggles to impose himself on the game at this age. I am not so sure he is any better than Alves.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

What on earth you on about? He's physically stronger than many senior players in this squad and Cooper barely played him in pre-season so that's a load of pony an'all.

Drivel……………he put him on enough to see him need further experience elsewhere……physically stronger than who ?

23 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I could understand the Buoananotte signing if he was genuinely an elite talent but currently i dont see it, he very much looks like a standard talented 19 year old who struggles to impose himself on the game at this age. I am not so sure he is any better than Alves.

I think the "plan" was to see Buoananotte understudying to a more experienced CAM, who hasn't turned up yet. Likely one of the failed deals that Cooper said he thought was basically done. Alves could then go out on loan and get some real game time. 

Now we don't have the 1st choice attacking midfielder, (I think we may be scrambling to find one still) so Cooper is playing the best one he has right now. He could/should be having Alves making cameos though if there is nobody else.

Chucking Skipp on for Facundo was an odd one when we were losing.

Steve has been given the objective of keeping us up, with a potential 6+ points yet to be deducted. So I don’t blame him for not wanting to play the academy players. 

what I can’t forgive is if the club doesn’t loan out the likes of Alves this season so they can get experience for either next season in the prem or more than likely the championship 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Steve has been given the objective of keeping us up, with a potential 6+ points yet to be deducted. So I don’t blame him for not wanting to play the academy players. 

what I can’t forgive is if the club doesn’t loan out the likes of Alves this season so they can get experience for either next season in the prem or more than likely the championship 

I can just about adhere to that too however, whilst we've neither got in the creative players we need, nor have loaned out our top academy prospects it's all very frustrating.

Alves should have started most pre-season games to test him in this system and he should have been an option off the bench so far. We were very much in Saturdays game 2nd half and didn't create anything 2nd half as we had absolutely no options off the bench. Picking 5 defensive midfielders in a 20 man squad is mesmerising.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Totally agree, there is no way we should be trying out players with zero experience in the premier league, and somehow expecting they will by some miracle help the cause in

keeping us up. 

As seen in the statements by Iverson, the loans just don't seem to happen and again this is ultimately the responsibility of Mr Rudkin, he has the final say.

Edited by Vestan Pance

14 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Totally agree, there is no way we should be trying out players with zero experience in the premier league, and somehow expecting they will by some miracle help the cause in

keeping us up. 

As seen in the statements by Iverson, the loans just don't seem to happen and again this is ultimately the responsibility of Mr Rudkin, he has the final say.

Experience is a very overrated aspect in football. I would feel more confident in staying up if we had Alves on the left wing than Cordova Reid.

• Like 4

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-next-future-alves-overlooked-9510809

What next for future of Will Alves and why he may be overlooked for Leicester City v Tranmere
The 19-year-old attacking midfielder has been with the first team throughout pre-season but has not been in the matchday squad for either of the two competitive games

ByJordan Blackwell
17:06, 26 AUG 2024

Leicester City are trying to plot the right path for Will Alves’s development and that could see the teenage starlet head out on loan.

City’s Carabao Cup tie against Tranmere on Tuesday night had seemed like the ideal occasion to give Alves his first senior appearance in more than 18 months. But a possible move away before Friday’s transfer deadline may see him miss out.

The 19-year-old attacking midfielder has trained with the first team through the summer and featured in most of the pre-season friendlies, signing a new deal to 2028 earlier this month. He was left out of the matchday squad for the opening two Premier League games, but potential rotation for the cup offered Alves an opportunity to make his first senior outing since his knee ligament tear in December 2022.

However, the arrival of Facundo Buonanotte and the potential signing of a new attacking midfielder before the end of the window looks set to limit Alves’s chances across the whole season, meaning a loan move is possible. And so, fans heading to the King Power Stadium on Tuesday night may not get to see him in action.

Asked if Alves was in contention to play against Tranmere, Steve Cooper responded: “Will is very much with us. We just need to make the right decisions on some of these young players and what could be right for them going forward.

“It’s about their development and regular game-time. Will’s a player we really like. Getting him to the level of being a regular in our first team, we need to try to plot that for him and see what that looks like.”

Rotation is expected when City host their League Two opponents, with Cooper having one eye on the weekend’s all-Midlands affair with Aston Villa. Caleb Okoli could make his debut for the club, while Oliver Skipp and Jordan Ayew may be handed their first starts.

City beat Tranmere 2-0 at this stage of the Carabao Cup last season, but they will arrive at the King Power Stadium in good form. They’ve made an unbeaten start in the league, where they are yet to concede a goal, with their only defeat this term coming in the EFL Trophy against Everton Under-21s.

Cooper said: “Do you make a load of changes or do you carry on playing the same team? Whatever team we play on Tuesday, it will be with the intention of winning and it will definitely be capable of winning, whether that’s with wholesale changes, a few changes, or something in between.

“It’s early in the season, and we have to recover well. The physical demands are a lot higher than in the Championship, so it might take longer to recover, but we’ll deal with all of that. For sure, we’ll be putting a team out with the expectation of playing well and playing our way and getting through to the next tie.”

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

keeping us up. 

But he is a yes man so will do what Cooper wants. 

I can't believe there's not a queue of clubs in the EFL wanting him on loan. I hope the delay is us sifting through the list to get the right match and perhaps building in appearance criteria into a loan contract. This can be done can't it?

Not sure how it's done, whether there's a fee that gets triggered if he doesn't play but you'd hope one look of the lad in the first match and he'd be the first name on the team sheet going forward anyway. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1