Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Will Alves signs new deal until 2028!

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd hope so mate but in the 1st two PL games we only had 1 creative midfielder in the entire 20 man squad and 5 defensive midfielders so this is on the manager.

As it stands in terms of being in the squad you'd think as a creative player he will get a his chances as a sub and we will get injuries. But on the basis of how Cooper has setup so far you get the feeling its his approach that will limit those chances for Will and this is at the time you want him playing week in and week out.

We can live in hope that if we are chasing games (which will happen a lot) then he will look to Will as an option, just don't get that vibe from the manager thus far.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mark said:

Choudhury and Soumare will still waste spots on the bench ahead of Alves, desperately needed to move one of them on

Yes, you are right and it's absolutely criminal. 

Soumare should have been told long ago that he won't play for the club again and that his agent needs to find a club that match our valuation 

57 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Yes, you are right and it's absolutely criminal. 

Soumare should have been told long ago that he won't play for the club again and that his agent needs to find a club that match our valuation 

I'll bet nobody's thought of that. 

21 hours ago, Stadt said:

Alves could be a mainstay for 15 years or make us shed loads of money, stunting his development for the sake of cover is short sighted. Get him on loan or play him, he's not a backup.

What have you seen to convince you he should be starting in the Premier League? I think a loan would have been ideal for him. We could  have then seen what kind of level he is currently at. However, he has stayed, so I'm sure he will get a few minutes when needed and will hopefully develop by training with the first team all season. 

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Really feel like we've ****ed up his development not getting him a proper loan as a first team starter somewhere this window. Especially after losing a year to injury. 

Even League One would have been better than sitting on the bench all year. 

Don't trust Cooper at all to give him enough minutes to really bring his game on. 

I assume the club sees him being a really part of the first team squad.

Wonder if they had to promise that to get him to sign a new deal.

Suppose it up to him to battle it out with El Khannouss and Buonanotte.

100% needs to start all the Cup games.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I assume the club sees him being a really part of the first team squad.

Wonder if they had to promise that to get him to sign a new deal.

Suppose it up to him to battle it out with El Khannouss and Buonanotte.

100% needs to start all the Cup games.

His long term development is more valuable to us than a few minutes he can chip in this year. He'd be a better player for going off and using the loan system than just milling around here. 

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

His long term development is more valuable to us than a few minutes he can chip in this year. He'd be a better player for going off and using the loan system than just milling around here. 

I agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viva said:

What have you seen to convince you he should be starting in the Premier League? I think a loan would have been ideal for him. We could  have then seen what kind of level he is currently at. However, he has stayed, so I'm sure he will get a few minutes when needed and will hopefully develop by training with the first team all season. 

I never said that he should be starting. A few minutes isn’t good enough at a crucial juncture in his career.

Needs to play and if it’s not here it should be on loan.

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I never said that he should be starting. A few minutes isn’t good enough at a crucial juncture in his career.

Needs to play and if it’s not here it should be on loan.

Well, you said he's not a backup and to loan him or play him. He's not be loaned, so that would suggest you want him to start matches. 

As I said, I would have liked to see him on loan. I think too many fans have unrealistically high expectations of him though, based on not a lot. He's only 19 and has plenty of time to develop with us around the first team, now that he's staying here. Any minutes for him this season will be a bonus.

He needed a loan move really. I just cannot see where he gets game time given the signings we have made. Even if he was considered for LW/CAM/RW he needs to get into the squad ahead of Mavididi, Fatawu, Buoanotte, El Khan, BDCR and Ayew. I can't see him getting game time this season. I hope a dutch club come in for a loan for him with the remaining 2 days of their window.

At the end of last season Alves was included in part of the trophy lifting and pre-season the club via its socials have featured him. It’s clear that the mood music was, ‘You’re in our first team plans’. Loan moves may have even been turned down for all we know. Then Cooper comes in and buys three players ‘with experience’ to play ahead of Alves. Let’s say we don’t have problem with that. Even with him picking Soumare over Alves for a place on the bench after Alves’ bright performance from the bench in his last game. The issue is therefore with the DOF. He should be giving Cooper a direction to develop Alves with chances. This makes, not only development sense, but also financial sense. 
Alves is being managed badly IMO. I’m

beginning to think he should leave to further his career. If he does it would be because of criminal mismanagement by the club. 

On 28/08/2024 at 10:09, Dirkster the Fox said:

Excellent post.  What I would normally agree with when Leicester aren't the favorite with the bookies for relegation.

As the season unfolds and we are struggling in games, having a genuine talent to bring on with 15/20/30 minutes to go is a luxury we simply can't afford to pass on.

There is literally no point this season sending Alves on loan to benefit another team, when we ourselves will be battling to stay up.  A player who has his genuine ability could be the difference with chances created / goals scored later into games and for this reason alone he must be in the first team squad this season.

I’ll stand by this comment. Having a very skilful player on your bench to bring on can make a difference.

Absolutely wasted. Talent is talent.

Get Alves on our bench to bring on later in games in the Premier League!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

I’ll stand by this comment. Having a very skilful player on your bench to bring on can make a difference.

Absolutely wasted. Talent is talent.

Get Alves on our bench to bring on later in games in the Premier League!!

He now has Buonanotte and El Khannoss in front of him, for the number 10 spot

4 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

He now has Buonanotte and El Khannoss in front of him, for the number 10 spot

And your point is?

Still no one has properly articulated an argument against my point.  I repeat again, Alves is better in our squad, to come off the bench this season than not.

Each game we don't get a result in, particularly close scores, what I'm saying becomes more justified.

• Like 1