Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Will Alves signs new deal until 2028!

the lad needs to play some professional football, if that’s at Championship level then that’s okay by me.

People are righty excited by Alves but he’s a prospect, he’s not even made his league debut yet - it’s very very rare that players can seamlessly make the step up immediately. 

would love to see him given a chance but at the end of the day Cooper and the staff see him day in day out, if they feel a loan is best at this time it’s hard to argue against that.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/4079226?lang=en

Will Alves Signs Long-Term Leicester City Contract

Talented Academy graduate Will Alves has committed his long-term future to the Football Club with a new contract to June 2028.

- Will Alves commits long-term future to Leicester City

- The 19-year-old joined the Club’s Academy at Under-9s level

- He made his Foxes debut in an Emirates FA Cup tie in January 2022

The 19-year-old, who made his senior debut in January 2022, joined the Foxes at Under-9s level and has progressed steadily through the Academy ranks to establish himself as a key player for the Development Squad in recent seasons.

He made his Premier League 2 debut at Blackburn Rovers in August 2021, finishing the campaign with 20 appearances to his name, while also helping the Under-18s to reach the latter stages of the FA Youth Cup and U18 Premier League Cup.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Alves said: “It’s a great feeling. Another four years here, where I’ve been for my whole life, I couldn’t really see myself being anywhere else but here.

“Going through what I’ve been through, getting past that and all the hard work and determination that I’ve shown to get back, it’s made me tougher, and I just want to keep on working and not take it for granted.

“Learning from all the different players here is great for me, I couldn’t be in a better position. Being able to play with the players that I have been watching and being a Leicester fan and having this opportunity, it’s unbelievable.”

A Foxes supporter and former Season Ticket Holder, Alves made his senior debut for the Club at the age of 16 in January 2022, coming on as a substitute in a 4-1 Emirates FA Cup victory over Watford at King Power Stadium.

He followed this up with another taste of senior football in December 2022 when he featured for City in a 3-0 Carabao Cup win against MK Dons.

His 2022/23 campaign was interrupted by injury, but the youngster made his return to action in an EFL Trophy clash at Fleetwood Town in November 2023 and has gone from strength to strength with a series of impressive displays since.

Star boy

• Like 1

Finally some good news. 

Even if we get a points deduction and this season is tough and we go back down, the thought of the likes of Alves, Nelson, Braybrooke slapping the championship next season would be delightful. 

Hopefully Cooper can give some decent game time to Alves this season, so long as he is ready for first team football. 

I'm guessing this will mean he goes out on loan, which IMO is a good thing. Let him smash the Championship and be ready for the Premier League or worst case scenario, to lead us back up again. He could have a role with us this season, but I think playing every week and becoming a talisman like KDH at Luton or Barnes at WBA is better for him right now. 

He looks super promising, but still don't really know how his career will go yet. But of course I wish him the best of luck, seems like a nice guy. Of the recent breakthrough players, Ben Nelson so far to me looks like the one most likely to be a proper Premier League player, and hopefully for us. 

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm guessing this will mean he goes out on loan, which IMO is a good thing. Let him smash the Championship and be ready for the Premier League or worst case scenario, to lead us back up again. He could have a role with us this season, but I think playing every week and becoming a talisman like KDH at Luton or Barnes at WBA is better for him right now. 

He looks super promising, but still don't really know how his career will go yet. But of course I wish him the best of luck, seems like a nice guy. Of the recent breakthrough players, Ben Nelson so far to me looks like the one most likely to be a proper Premier League player, and hopefully for us. 

Let's see if we sign a couple of players to keep him out of the team. Current squad, I don't see how we could possibly let him go on loan.

My thoughts are he's just going to be slowly integrated in to the squad over the first part of the season. He's been up with the first team since the very start, he played and scored in the behind closed doors friendly against Mansfield, he's featured in every squad.

I appreciate people have had frustrations about his game time in friendlies but from Cooper's perspective, I imagine he has to put more emphasis on getting those who are already established and have the experience up to speed ahead of the new season. Those are the ones he is likely going to need to rely on to try and get some points on the board early doors, or decide if they truly aren't what he wants and the club can look to move on.

For me Alves would get his exposure through substitute based rolls initially, play the early rounds of the cup, be involved in some more training games and keep building from there. Yes a loan could guarantee the playing time but your then putting his management into the hands of another manager, sports sci + medical department and these initial years so soon after an ACL are massively important to make sure everything is managed properly. If he was to go on loan for me it would have to be to Bristol City, maybe Blackburn or Derby.

• Like 2