Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Will Alves signs new deal until 2028!

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

My thoughts are he's just going to be slowly integrated in to the squad over the first part of the season. He's been up with the first team since the very start, he played and scored in the behind closed doors friendly against Mansfield, he's featured in every squad.

I appreciate people have had frustrations about his game time in friendlies but from Cooper's perspective, I imagine he has to put more emphasis on getting those who are already established and have the experience up to speed ahead of the new season. Those are the ones he is likely going to need to rely on to try and get some points on the board early doors, or decide if they truly aren't what he wants and the club can look to move on.

For me Alves would get his exposure through substitute based rolls initially, play the early rounds of the cup, be involved in some more training games and keep building from there. Yes a loan could guarantee the playing time but your then putting his management into the hands of another manager, sports sci + medical department and these initial years so soon after an ACL are massively important to make sure everything is managed properly. If he was to go on loan for me it would have to be to Bristol City, maybe Blackburn or Derby.

When was the Mansfield behind closed doors game? Do you know anymore about the score etc? 

4 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

When was the Mansfield behind closed doors game? Do you know anymore about the score etc? 

Just before we flew out on our first pre-season trip. We won either 2-0 or 2-1, Alves and I believe Daka, game was called off with about 5 mins to go because one of their players sustained a bad injury, other than that I'm not sure.

• Like 1

He wouldve been about 10 when we won the league... wow just imagine being a kid between 2013- 2021

I can only imagine how they must see Leicester... a club that regularly wins leagues and cups :)

Hope this youngster gets to live up to his dreams and our hopes 

Edited by ozleicester

7 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

The club seem to be featuring him on social media a lot. I doubt the person who runs the social media is directed on such matters, but I’d like to think he’s featuring because we’re going to see some of him this season.

Tell the Welsh Steve Bruce that, he seems determined to ignore our academy. The amusing thing is, if other managers did the same we'd have gone bust a good while ago. We need our academy to pay for all the muck we waste money on and can't get rid of.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/08/2024 at 08:24, LcFc_Smiv said:

Just before we flew out on our first pre-season trip. We won either 2-0 or 2-1, Alves and I believe Daka, game was called off with about 5 mins to go because one of their players sustained a bad injury, other than that I'm not sure.

Video proof else it didn't happen.

• Haha 2

On 10/08/2024 at 10:57, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Hopefully Huth has something lined up for him, to agree a 4 year deal he's surely been convinced of some sort of path to the starting XI.

Huth??? You actually think he does a thing for the lads?? Agents get the loans, club approves, "loan manager" gets days out watching!! "Jobs" for the old boys... here's some money, go and watch some games, no need to do anything else!

Edited by Stormfox

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tell the Welsh Steve Bruce that, he seems determined to ignore our academy. The amusing thing is, if other managers did the same we'd have gone bust a good while ago. We need our academy to pay for all the muck we waste money on and can't get rid of.

Haha let’s see… you’re right though, our academy has paid dividends in recent years which can’t be said for the first team recruitment strategy.

Cooper has this reputation of working and improving young players - though so did the Northern Irish Tyrion Lannister…

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Haha let’s see… you’re right though, our academy has paid dividends in recent years which can’t be said for the first team recruitment strategy.

Cooper has this reputation of working and improving young players - though so did the Northern Irish Tyrion Lannister…

HAhahaha, he had to work with youth, that was his job... no sign of it here!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I think Cooper and a reputation with promoting youth is nothing more than a myth.

He had great success with England’s U17’s but can’t think of many youth players at Swansea or Forest?

Johnson being his only example actually screams the opposite.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I think Cooper and a reputation with promoting youth is nothing more than a myth.

He had great success with England’s U17’s but can’t think of many youth players at Swansea or Forest?

Johnson being his only example actually screams the opposite.

He has a good record with picking up players from his u17 winners team and taking them to the next level in senior football such as Gibbs White, Guehi, Bhrewster and Gallagher.

1 hour ago, Stormfox said:

Huth??? You actually think he does a thing for the lads?? Agents get the loans, club approves, "loan manager" gets days out watching!! "Jobs" for the old boys... here's some money, go and watch some games, no need to do anything else!

👍

57 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He has a good record with picking up players from his u17 winners team and taking them to the next level in senior football such as Gibbs White, Guehi, Bhrewster and Gallagher.

Great shout to be fair mate 👌🏻

Out of those mentioned other than Gibbs White has he actually managed them at club level?!

I can’t think of countless players that he’s brought through from his clubs academy but could be completely wrong.

39 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Great shout to be fair mate 👌🏻

Out of those mentioned other than Gibbs White has he actually managed them at club level?!

I can’t think of countless players that he’s brought through from his clubs academy but could be completely wrong.

I think he managed all of those I mentioned at club level, mostly on loan at Swansea.

The only two starting players from Swansea's academy that broke through when Cooper was there are Cabango and Cullen from what I can see. It's different giving players a chance in the championship than in the PL though.

10 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I think he managed all of those I mentioned at club level, mostly on loan at Swansea.

The only two starting players from Swansea's academy that broke through when Cooper was there are Cabango and Cullen from what I can see. It's different giving players a chance in the championship than in the PL though.

Loving the conversation mate.

I would like to think that our academy is light years (as it should be) of Swansea and Forest.

I guess what I’m trying to suggest is that Cooper promoting youth is a narrative that I don’t 100% believe in.

Hopefully Alves, Nelson and Braybrooke prove me wrong and become our next sellable assets (sad times but a reality for a club of our size).

4 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Loving the conversation mate.

I would like to think that our academy is light years (as it should be) of Swansea and Forest.

I guess what I’m trying to suggest is that Cooper promoting youth is a narrative that I don’t 100% believe in.

Hopefully Alves, Nelson and Braybrooke prove me wrong and become our next sellable assets (sad times but a reality for a club of our size).

Yeah, i agree. Alves, Nelson and Baybrooke are arguably more talented than the generation before them of Barnes, Chilwell and Dewsbury Hall who we sold for over £100mil. If managed properly they should go on to being good PL players but based on the pre season so far it doesn't look like they're being given a sniff. I guess we have to see first hand how he manages them, it will be a black mark on his record here if none of them make it with us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

The club seem to be featuring him on social media a lot. I doubt the person who runs the social media is directed on such matters, but I’d like to think he’s featuring because we’re going to see some of him this season.

Tbh I just think it's trying to placate the fans and give them something to get excited about. 'No new signings and we're getting battered every game in pre-season, but look at this shiny new youth player!'

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Yeah, i agree. Alves, Nelson and Baybrooke are arguably more talented than the generation before them of Barnes, Chilwell and Dewsbury Hall who we sold for over £100mil. If managed properly they should go on to being good PL players but based on the pre season so far it doesn't look like they're being given a sniff. I guess we have to see first hand how he manages them, it will be a black mark on his record here if none of them make it with us.

All 3 benefitted from loans/experience in the championship though. Maybe that’s the route braybrooke/nelson/alves will get too.