Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Will Alves signs new deal until 2028!

On 12/08/2024 at 15:00, cruzFOX said:

Imagine if these 3 were under someone like Klopps leadership? They would be thrown into games and be making an instant impact.

If they were at bigger clubs they'd be loaned out to decent clubs and then sold for decent money... They are caught here... No decent loans because we might need them but won't play them as they won't have enough experience to help us stay up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

The way the squad looks currently, just unleash him Monday, give the fans something to get positive and excited about. 

Be lucky if he's even named on the bench. He'll have Soumare and Hamza on there.

• Sad 1

On 12/08/2024 at 16:16, Tommy G said:

Needs a season in the Championship - if he replicates what Barnes and KDH did then he deserves some game time in the PL, until then, Championship for a season will do plenty for his development more than 10 min cameos here and there

Just play him.  Everton started Rooney at 17... he didnt need a season in the championship.  Look at mainoo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Watching in the stands. Will be interesting to see if he plays for the U21s tonight.

Not good Ric! Either get him in or sort out a top loan in the champ for him. Any injury would be a big blow because nothing will come of his stop/start gametime.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Watching in the stands. Will be interesting to see if he plays for the U21s tonight.

It would be good to see him; not sure what sort of side Burton will put out, but it will be a step up in physicality from the normal u21 game

On Sky + as well. 

• Like 1

On 20/08/2024 at 14:37, TheGoldenGod said:

Not good Ric! Either get him in or sort out a top loan in the champ for him. Any injury would be a big blow because nothing will come of his stop/start gametime.

I feel really bad for Alves. Rodgers was definitely going to give him a run in the Prem before the horror injury and Maresca was very impressed with him and would have played him aside from some new niggles. Look at how he was made to feel integrated in and around the first team in that period. Now a new manager comes in and fills areas Alves can play in with two experienced but slow pros (do they offer more going forward?) and a loan signing with the lad from Brighton - who admittedly looks mustard. 
I truly think Alves would be looked after better by staying here with our medical team and by being given some first team football from the bench. Instead I fear he’ll go out on loan in a more physical league and on worse playing surfaces and have less good fitness regimes. It doesn’t bode well. All this without going into the financial idiocy of not taking a chance on our top talent coming out of Seagrave. It makes no sense to me at all. Other clubs integrate youth when there is far less talent. 

Edited by An Away Move

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I feel really bad for Alves. Rodgers was definitely going to give him a run in the Prem before the horror injury and Maresca was very impressed with him and would have played him aside from some new niggles. Look at how he was made to feel integrated in and around the first team in that period. Now a new manager comes in and fills areas Alves can play in with two experienced but slow prod and a loan signing with the lad from Brighton - who admittedly looks mustard. 
I truly think Alves would be looked after better by staying here with our medical team and by being given some first team football from the bench. Instead I fear he’ll go out on loan in a more physical league and on worse playing surfaces and have less good fitness regimes. It doesn’t bode well. All this without going into the financial idiocy of not taking a chance on our top talent coming out of Seagrave. It makes no sense to me at all. Other clubs integrate youth when there is far less talent. 

He’s not ready just face up to the fact he’s not ready physically or in terms of footballing to play in the first team in the prem - i think we have had probably the worst preseason in 25+ years with the platform we have and watched all the preseason and the lad still overplays and try’s too much - similar to what BR said 2-3 years ago and he needs to go on loan and play for a decent footballing championship or league one team - playing him in the crock of shite will not help

him or us 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

He’s not ready just face up to the fact he’s not ready physically or in terms of footballing to play in the first team in the prem - i think we have had probably the worst preseason in 25+ years with the platform we have and watched all the preseason and the lad still overplays and try’s too much - similar to what BR said 2-3 years ago and he needs to go on loan and play for a decent footballing championship or league one team - playing him in the crock of shite will not help

him or us 

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on his ability and readiness. His final ball and shooting is also superior to Fatawu’s in terms of consistency and I will die on that hill. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

him or us 

What on earth you on about? He's physically stronger than many senior players in this squad and Cooper barely played him in pre-season so that's a load of pony an'all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What on earth you on about? He's physically stronger than many senior players in this squad and Cooper barely played him in pre-season so that's a load of pony an'all.

Why would cooper not play him,if he was ready? He sees him everyday in training and is in prime position to make the call, rather than fans wishing we have a Premier league ready superstar..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Why would cooper not play him,if he was ready? He sees him everyday in training and is in prime position to make the call, rather than fans wishing we have a Premier league ready superstar..

Because he's obsessed with " Premier League " experience. He's not an advocate of academy players at all, did the same at Forest. 

Plenty of examples of managers ignoring academy players deemed not ready, only for the next manager to immediately use them and them do well. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Surely we need to back Steve's judgement on young players considering his success

With England and Liverpool academy. 

If we throw Will in too early we could set him back,and ruin his confidence? 

Tuesday should give us a pretty good idea of what his plans are for using our youth

Plenty that should be given a chance and if they aren't given any decent minutes against Tranmere or aren't loaned out by the end of the window which would be the only reason to possibly not use them...

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1