Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Will Alves signs new deal until 2028!

15 hours ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Yeah I don’t doubt his effort I just think ability wise he isn’t premier league level and I’ve not seen anything to suggest he will ever be, Will seems to have that something about him the way he is with the ball and does things a lot faster and crisper than Kasey

I agree, I'm not denying Alves is an outstanding talent and his ceiling is way higher, but I also think that trying to put Alves in Kaseys position would actually be to the detriment of Alves. To me his attributes suit either a 10 or a high 8.

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 1

Couple of very good balls into the box and some very nice first touches that moved the ball away and into space. Tonnes of promise. 

Not sure I agree he's fully ready to play premier League football just yet. But, even that said, I wouldn't object to him getting a run out. 

Right on the threshold of needing a loan and being about ready.

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Shame Choudhury had no interest in forward passes once he came on. 

BS, stats show that Choudhury had more key passes than Winks and Skipp, even though he was on the pitch for less time. 

Check out Sofascore where they have this data. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He's an abomination of a footballer. Can't fathom how he's still on the books of a Prem team.

Not Choudhury's biggest fan by any means, but did you see his performance vs Bournemouth last season? He was excellent.

And how in a thread about enjoying Alves do posters still want to slag off another player? :facepalm:

• Like 3

Very promising cameo and great to see him get some minutes under his belt, however let’s remember it was against a tiring league 2 side. Reality is he will is unlikely to get significant game time here this season so the sensible option is a loan to a team where he can thrive and play 30 games + and target a minimum of 12-15 goal involvements. With that level of experience under his belt I think he returns next season ready to step up and be a regular in our match day squad regardless of division. 

personally I would like to see him get a loan to a league one side, challenge him but also provide him with an opportunity where he can take games by the scruff of the neck. Physically I thought he looked very good, he has definitely been working hard in the gym. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, An Away Move said:

I think he could easily get crocked on loan a couple of leagues down. He’d be more protected in The Prem. 

You can gey crocked at any level at any time.

He's needs minutes, he unlikely to get the minutes he needs to develop this season here.

• Like 1

I've made peace with he needs to go on loan. If he doesn't then there's still the chance he works his way in to being an option as he's good enough to be an impact sub. But I think for player and fans a loan would be hugely beneficial.

We get to track him week in, week out which is one of the perks of loaning out players and seeing them develop but more importantly he will learn how to become the influential player.

He's got unlimited potential but there's one thing I immediately spot can and will improve with confidence, verve and experience of being the creative influence and that is his positioning in the final third where the anticipation of the ball is going to come in to. Once that sharpens up it's going to be very unpleasant for opposition defences.

Robert Huth needs to be prioritising this over any other business this week.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

A loan would be best but why not try him then loan him second half of the season if it’s not working, he’s quality we’ll never know till he’s given the chance. 

He has already lost 18 months of his career to injury, he can’t have another 6 months where he probably won’t even be in Prem match squads for the first team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

A loan would be best but why not try him then loan him second half of the season if it’s not working, he’s quality we’ll never know till he’s given the chance. 

or loan him now with an option to return in January if he or the club need it.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've made peace with he needs to go on loan. If he doesn't then there's still the chance he works his way in to being an option as he's good enough to be an impact sub. But I think for player and fans a loan would be hugely beneficial.

We get to track him week in, week out which is one of the perks of loaning out players and seeing them develop but more importantly he will learn how to become the influential player.

He's got unlimited potential but there's one thing I immediately spot can and will improve with confidence, verve and experience of being the creative influence and that is his positioning in the final third where the anticipation of the ball is going to come in to. Once that sharpens up it's going to be very unpleasant for opposition defences.

Robert Huth needs to be prioritising this over any other business this week.

Going to a level where he can score senior goals and assist will do wonders for him as it did Barnes. 

I think there are odd minutes in the PL with a side that will struggle, hinders his development. 

Loan for Nelson, Braybrooke, Popov, Richards and him, promote some of the young players to the 18s and the 18s to the u21s

• Like 3

A championship loan would be good for him in a team that likes to play football like Middlesbrough. I know they got spanked at home to stoke in the cup but Carrick generally has them playing decent stuff. The Luton loan was the making of KDH so a simular thing here would be good. A years experience in the championship and if we do go down then he'd be absolute mustard in the championship for us next season.

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Going to a level where he can score senior goals and assist will do wonders for him as it did Barnes. 

I think there are odd minutes in the PL with a side that will struggle, hinders his development. 

Loan for Nelson, Braybrooke, Popov, Richards and him, promote some of the young players to the 18s and the 18s to the u21s

I’d be interested to see how Popov would get on in men’s football. Strikes me as the sort of striker who’d run non stop for 90 minutes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He has a bit of Nugent about him. 

Definitely. He’s another one whose development was disrupted by an injury just after a good season. 

He’ll probably stay with the 21s but one to keep an eye on. 

• Like 1

I’m beginning to think our club has become a barrier to Alves development. Especially now this Moroccan lad is coming in. We need a new Director of Football. On one hand they give him/the fans the message he’s around the first team and valued. With the other they buy players who keep him out the team and it’s very debatable whether they offer more. The actions are not joined up. 

38 minutes ago, davieG said:

or loan him now with an option to return in January if he or the club need it.

Most lower league clubs won't commit to loans less than a year so they know where they stand.

If the loans are cut in Jan and returned to parent club then the patent club usually has to compensate his loan club. 

I was really hoping to see him involved rather than be away for another year. 

He just looks like he has it in him right now to step up and it's so frustrating he wasn't given 90 mins last night, it was the perfect opportunity for him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Very promising cameo and great to see him get some minutes under his belt, however let’s remember it was against a tiring league 2 side. Reality is he will is unlikely to get significant game time here this season so the sensible option is a loan to a team where he can thrive and play 30 games + and target a minimum of 12-15 goal involvements. With that level of experience under his belt I think he returns next season ready to step up and be a regular in our match day squad regardless of division. 

personally I would like to see him get a loan to a league one side, challenge him but also provide him with an opportunity where he can take games by the scruff of the neck. Physically I thought he looked very good, he has definitely been working hard in the gym. 

Excellent post.  What I would normally agree with when Leicester aren't the favorite with the bookies for relegation.

As the season unfolds and we are struggling in games, having a genuine talent to bring on with 15/20/30 minutes to go is a luxury we simply can't afford to pass on.

There is literally no point this season sending Alves on loan to benefit another team, when we ourselves will be battling to stay up.  A player who has his genuine ability could be the difference with chances created / goals scored later into games and for this reason alone he must be in the first team squad this season.

13 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Most lower league clubs won't commit to loans less than a year so they know where they stand.

If the loans are cut in Jan and returned to parent club then the patent club usually has to compensate his loan club. 

I was really hoping to see him involved rather than be away for another year. 

He just looks like he has it in him right now to step up and it's so frustrating he wasn't given 90 mins last night, it was the perfect opportunity for him. 

Even the difference coming on for the last 30 Vs last 20 mins is massive. These games inevitably come to a stop around 75-80 mins in terms of progressive play from the winning team so that only gives his 5 or 10 mins to do anything impactful. He looked really bright but was also trying a bit too hard to get onto the ball every time rather than taking up more dangerously positions, but that's totally understandable if you feel you only have a few mins to impress

10 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

BS, stats show that Choudhury had more key passes than Winks and Skipp, even though he was on the pitch for less time. 

Check out Sofascore where they have this data. 

I hate that Hamza is still a part of the club after all the crap he's pulled but I don't even need the stats to know that was a nonsense take and you're spot on. Played several balls in and behind the defence. People are going to see what they want to see sometimes sadly.

• Like 2