Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Will Alves signs new deal until 2028!

He looks the part, no nerves and sensible in possession whilst not being phased to take a player on and try make something happen. Really he should be second in line to the no.10 position but there’s two lads in front of him so definitely needs a good loan

25 minutes ago, lanefox said:

In training clips released today , might be sticking around 

Braybrooke and Richards have already been loaned out and there are strong indications that Nelson will follow today There's been barely a peep about Alves going anywhere, which suggests the club intends to keep him around the first team.

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely he goes on loan now El Khannouss has joined?

Wouldn't it be a risk going into the season with just El Khannouss and Buonanotte as our attacking central midfielders? If one of them gets crocked, we've got no back-up.

I’m just not seeing clearly what cooper’s plan is for Alvez. He’s said several times he’s needs experienced bodies in that can hit the road running and do the job of keeping us up in the premiership.

i fear he thinks Alvez is a luxury he doesn’t have time to invest in.

keep him on the bench and let him fight for game time. It’s motivation every time he gets on to prove himself. Whether it’s a few minutes sg the end of games or half a game in the cups. Give him a chance!

53 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Wouldn't it be a risk going into the season with just El Khannouss and Buonanotte as our attacking central midfielders? If one of them gets crocked, we've got no back-up.

Reid has played as a 10 plenty in his career as well

I don’t see the point in keeping Alves here until at least January when most likely all he will get is a few appearances and would need injuries for that to happen

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Reid has played as a 10 plenty in his career as well

I don’t see the point in keeping Alves here until at least January when most likely all he will get is a few appearances and would need injuries for that to happen

I say he is more comfortable centrally than outwide. 

Alves could be a mainstay for 15 years or make us shed loads of money, stunting his development for the sake of cover is short sighted. Get him on loan or play him, he's not a backup.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I say he is more comfortable centrally than outwide. 

Still likely to be an option ahead of Alves if both our current number 10s get injured though

Probably Ndidi as well

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Alves could be a mainstay for 15 years or make us shed loads of money, stunting his development for the sake of cover is short sighted. Get him on loan or play him, he's not a backup.

Seems to be the way the club was working for all the youth prospects then, suddenly, they've decided most of those prospects can go out on loan.... why wait until now???

33 minutes ago, Stormfox said:

Seems to be the way the club was working for all the youth prospects then, suddenly, they've decided most of those prospects can go out on loan.... why wait until now???

I guess there's more clubs willing to take on loan players as the window is closing but the best loans are sorted early. Barnes joined West Brom in July that year, really helps a player settle when they have more time on the training pitch as well as moving from home.

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

I’m just not seeing clearly what cooper’s plan is for Alvez. He’s said several times he’s needs experienced bodies in that can hit the road running and do the job of keeping us up in the premiership.

i fear he thinks Alvez is a luxury he doesn’t have time to invest in.

keep him on the bench and let him fight for game time. It’s motivation every time he gets on to prove himself. Whether it’s a few minutes sg the end of games or half a game in the cups. Give him a chance!

We're discussing Alves.

Just 5 letters ;)

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

He wasn't even considered in the squad with just 1 attacking midfielder, Cooper would rather 5 DMs in a 20 man squad than Alves so it seems highly likely he's going to kick about for 5 months until January where we may loan him out.

Hmmmmm

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I guess there's more clubs willing to take on loan players as the window is closing but the best loans are sorted early. Barnes joined West Brom in July that year, really helps a player settle when they have more time on the training pitch as well as moving from home.

Yes and No, Some championship clubs fell by the wayside for some of the lads but then some others have probably come in because they haven't managed to find somone or they have injuries or someone has suddenly left

If Alves is as good as many think,  I hope he gets some Premier League action.  I hope to see him on the bench today.

IMO,  with 9 subs, there should always be one or more promising academy players on the bench.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, majaco said:

If Alves is as good as many think,  I hope he gets some Premier League action.  I hope to see him on the bench today.

IMO,  with 9 subs, there should always be one or more promising academy players on the bench.  

You'd hope so mate but in the 1st two PL games we only had 1 creative midfielder in the entire 20 man squad and 5 defensive midfielders so this is on the manager.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

5 defensive midfielders so this is on the manager.

Choudhury and Soumare will still waste spots on the bench ahead of Alves, desperately needed to move one of them on

• Like 2