Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Not really. Bounotte will play as a ten, and Zaha will be the experience we lean on in any of those positions, perhaps even in the 9, which he is well capable of playing IMO.

Furthermore he’s a bastard…… and that’s what you want, we need a bastard in the team. 

Couldn’t agree more - every chance we would play him as the central strike - we won’t get him though 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Over his last three seasons wih the club Palace win % with Zaha playing 33%.  Without Zaha playing 16.7%.  

He can be a difference maker.  

I'm a huge fan and he could be 'a difference maker,' certainly – I am a little bit concerned that he's 'fallen down the pecking order' for Galatasaray though?

I'm not a fan of Zaha, I think his attitude is appalling and he flatters to deceive as a player.

He's a very selfish player. I don't think it's a coincidence that Palace have improved since he left and their strikers have started scoring. Mateta hasn't just suddenly become a great striker. Benteke used to get lots of stick, but when your winger rarely puts a cross in or trys to play you in, for his type of striker it's hard to score. Heard him likened to Mahrez earlier in the thread. They are nothing alike. Mahrez would produce magic, as can Zaha, but mahrez did it a hell of a lot more regularly. Also mahrez knew when to pass. Zaha holds on to the ball far to long. I know stats can't be looked at purely as the number and other factors are involved, but Zaha has 29 PL assists in 305 games, which I think is a poor return for a winger, mahrez has over 60 in 20 less games. Harvey Barnes is on 28 after about half the number of games. Looking at a few other wingers for similar type teams, like Dwight McNeil, he has 27 assists in 205 games, Eze already on 15 in just 112 games so tracking to be well ahead of Zaha. Even Alex Iwobi has as many PL assists as Zaha. I could go on with wingers who have more assists in less games or are tracking to be well ahead of Zaha by the time they reach his amount of games, including Gordon, Pedro Neto, Cole Palmer, Grealish, Solly March, Mitoma, Hudson-Odoi, Engala, Marcus Tavernier, Mbuemo, Ryan Sessegnon. Even the much maligned Ayoze Perez's numbers are at least similar to Zaha if they are over the same number of games. He obviously better than the like of Almiron but I'm not sure he worth the hassle for that.

He was Palaces main attacking outlet for nearly a decade and his numbers are poor. Add to that he's has a stinking attitude, I'd rather we steered clear. A few fancy stopovers don't make a great player, you have to have regular end product.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Leicester fans cheering him after years of him him being one of the biggest pantomime villains to visit Filbert Way, would be hilarious. 

Up there with Speedie 😆

Good player though once we don't boo him for going down too easy👍

I remember the KP palace fans singing he’s too good for you as he ran rings round us. 

Speedie, broke my heart but he did make up for it. 

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm not a fan of Zaha, I think his attitude is appalling and he flatters to deceive as a player.

He's a very selfish player. I don't think it's a coincidence that Palace have improved since he left and their strikers have started scoring. Mateta hasn't just suddenly become a great striker. Benteke used to get lots of stick, but when your winger rarely puts a cross in or trys to play you in, for his type of striker it's hard to score. Heard him likened to Mahrez earlier in the thread. They are nothing alike. Mahrez would produce magic, as can Zaha, but mahrez did it a hell of a lot more regularly. Also mahrez knew when to pass. Zaha holds on to the ball far to long. I know stats can't be looked at purely as the number and other factors are involved, but Zaha has 29 PL assists in 305 games, which I think is a poor return for a winger, mahrez has over 60 in 20 less games. Harvey Barnes is on 28 after about half the number of games. Looking at a few other wingers for similar type teams, like Dwight McNeil, he has 27 assists in 205 games, Eze already on 15 in just 112 games so tracking to be well ahead of Zaha. Even Alex Iwobi has as many PL assists as Zaha. I could go on with wingers who have more assists in less games or are tracking to be well ahead of Zaha by the time they reach his amount of games, including Gordon, Pedro Neto, Cole Palmer, Grealish, Solly March, Mitoma, Hudson-Odoi, Engala, Marcus Tavernier, Mbuemo, Ryan Sessegnon. Even the much maligned Ayoze Perez's numbers are at least similar to Zaha if they are over the same number of games. He obviously better than the like of Almiron but I'm not sure he worth the hassle for that.

He was Palaces main attacking outlet for nearly a decade and his numbers are poor. Add to that he's has a stinking attitude, I'd rather we steered clear. A few fancy stopovers don't make a great player, you have to have regular end product.

Not a fan then? 🤣

I think Palace have improved as they have a good manager rather than Zaha leaving. I'm good friends with a Palace fan and he'd take him back in a heartbeat. Granted, small sample size. 

Similar to you, I've always thought he's flattered to deceive but I've also thought that he could have made a step up to a better quality team. Seemingly it never really worked out for him. 

Would he improve us? Yes. In our current circumstances, I'd take a season of him being selfish and banging in some goals because currently I struggle to see where ours will come from. A front 3 of Zaha, Mavididi and Fatawu could at least provide an element of excitement. 

Personally I don't see him signing. Still has Palace written all over it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This would be a very high risk signing in my opinion, this isn’t the Zaha of 2 years ago let alone 5 years ago.

Guess we may well see. 

He's way way past his best....he's been a thorn in our side for years but last time we played him two seasons ago, he was a shadow. 

He's way off it. But given the choice between him and this clown Fofana, I'll take it 

9 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Not a fan then? 🤣

I think Palace have improved as they have a good manager rather than Zaha leaving. I'm good friends with a Palace fan and he'd take him back in a heartbeat. Granted, small sample size. 

Similar to you, I've always thought he's flattered to deceive but I've also thought that he could have made a step up to a better quality team. Seemingly it never really worked out for him. 

Would he improve us? Yes. In our current circumstances, I'd take a season of him being selfish and banging in some goals because currently I struggle to see where ours will come from. A front 3 of Zaha, Mavididi and Fatawu could at least provide an element of excitement. 

Personally I don't see him signing. Still has Palace written all over it. 

His goal return isn't fantastic either. Only has 2 season where's he's reached double figures I think. 

I think, as always there are a number of factors behind Palace improving, but the main part for me is the strikers are now scoring. Now the attacking players are working in tandem rather than one rogue, greedy element, their output has improved.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

If we are signing Buonenotte then why put a winger in the 10 role?

Because Buonenotte is 19 he isn't going to play every game. We need a mix of youth and experience 

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

Feels a bit square pegs in round holes. All the wingers. 

Zaha

Mavididi - Buonottte - Fatawu 

Come on... 

Daka

Zaha Mavididi Fatawu

41 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Why does this have, for me at least, the vibe of the Eriksson period c. 2010-11?

I'd still have him though. At least he can create. 

I don’t know, we have basically signed someone we had on loan, 2 young lads and an experienced player which will be well below the average spend for this league.

Barely comparable.

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Come on... 

Daka

Zaha Mavididi Fatawu

Can’t all play at once, anyway, why not just have the natural no10 in there?

Daka.

Zaha. Buonanotte. Fatawu. 

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Could see Zaha being used as a centre forward 

Maybe we should try signing a centre forward instead then. Don't see the point in signing an average winger to play him up front.

12 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

If we do this deal then we can only sign one of Bilal Toure and Buonanote, correct? Two simultaneous loans at any one time in the prem? 

Buonanotte is u21 and Zaha is homegrown. Neither would count as one of the two loan registrations. 

• Like 2