Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilf Zaha - loaned to Lyon

It’s about right, 4 million loan fee and 4 million on his wages.

If we signed him for 4 years for 16 million on 90k a week that would be the fee we’d be paying anyway. And that’s excluding signing fee, bonus and agent fee. 

The price is about par for a player of his quality, and we won’t be stuck with him in 2 years time when he’s over the hill. 

Edited by Levi Port

25 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Vardy has all of that and more.

Not sure why you are so against Zaha joining.. guy has proven PL experience, has a creative spark which we are sorely lacking, yet you seem desperate to put a downer on the deal at all costs. Vardy may have all that, but he's not getting any younger and is currently injured. So why not have both? Especially on a loan deal 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Because it's going to cost us over 10m euro!

I'm surprised i'm in the minority that sees this as a bad deal. It stinks of desperation.

He's on a massive wedge and has a very questionable attitude. He doesn't strike me as the type to lead younger players in the same way Vardy does.

Galatasaray fans pretty much all say that he's lost his explosive pace and that his attitude is appalling. This all comes after years of being the big man in a small pond at Palace (who improved as soon as he left).

You are not, I queried the value on here earlier, was only responding to his comparison to Vardy, not the sense in this deal. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

That is a large fee for a years loan. 

Wonder if there's a suggestion if it does go well he could move over permanently for a small fee

It's our liability for the year though it's not going to be we pay his wages AND give them ten mil. 

It probably works out at like 170k a week which is still very expensive for his ability but it's not as horrendous as it sounds at first. 

I also call massive bullshit tbf. Gala journos are obviously going to inflate the fee to make it sound impressive. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tazfox said:

Not sure why you are so against Zaha joining.. guy has proven PL experience, has a creative spark which we are sorely lacking, yet you seem desperate to put a downer on the deal at all costs. Vardy may have all that, but he's not getting any younger and is currently injured. So why not have both? Especially on a loan deal 

Because they're asking for £9m quid and we don't have a single player that has proven he can play in the number 10 role.

Not sure if I was the only one to watch it but on Saturday we played Wilfred Ndidi in the advanced midfield role. A player that can play there is desperately needed.

We shouldn't be spending what appears to be the majority of our budget on a player that doesn't improve us and who has a piss poor attitude.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I don't really care tbh. He's the sort of shithouse that would annoy the opposition no end and its going to be a scrap so we need characters.

Gerrimin.

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm surprised i'm in the minority that sees this as a bad deal. It stinks of desperation.

He's on a massive wedge and has a very questionable attitude. He doesn't strike me as the type to lead younger players in the same way Vardy does.

Galatasaray fans pretty much all say that he's lost his explosive pace and that his attitude is appalling. This all comes after years of being the big man in a small pond at Palace (who improved as soon as he left).

While I'm in the same boat about the value of this deal, Palace didn't improve 'as soon as Zaha left' — they won about 5 (or 6) of 25 league games last season before Glasner came in. They were rotten for 2/3s of last season.

• Like 1

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

While I'm in the same boat about the value of this deal, Palace didn't improve 'as soon as Zaha left' — they won about 5 (or 6) of 25 league games last season before Glasner came in. They were rotten for 2/3s of last season.

What, a man can't exaggerate to make his argument on here anymore??

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Have you seen us this pre-season? We're quite literally desperate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Have you seen us this pre-season? We're quite literally desperate.

Yeah I get that. I just think we'll look back on this transfer in 6 months time and wonder what the **** we were playing at.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's our liability for the year though it's not going to be we pay his wages AND give them ten mil. 

It probably works out at like 170k a week which is still very expensive for his ability but it's not as horrendous as it sounds at first. 

I also call massive bullshit tbf. Gala journos are obviously going to inflate the fee to make it sound impressive. 

It is weirdly savvy for us, bigger price now but no liability in the future should we fail to stay up. 

Good financials on the deal to be honest! Can see Wilf being the lift we all need.

Might only happen once or twice this season but Wilf, Mavs and Fatawu will tear full backs apart this year.

VIVA JON RUDKIN 

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It is weirdly savvy for us, bigger price now but no liability in the future should we fail to stay up. 

How is it savvy for us to essentially pay Wilfred Zaha £170k a week for a year??? Am I losing my mind on here???

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

From a upfront fee yes it looks horrible for a loan deal but if you break it down it’s not that bad. So the fee we are paying works out around £8.5m after conversation rates.

For a player of Zaha’s quality you are talking around £4 - £5m in loan fee regardless of where you go.

Plus if you was to pay a players full wages of around £70k a week which I think is low in today’s market for a player of the calibre of Zaha then you’ll be looking at paying £3.6m across the year. 

Add that to the loan fee your looking at £7.5 - £8.5m for the year, which works out the exact same cost as Zaha.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

How is it savvy for us to essentially pay Wilfred Zaha £170k a week for a year??? Am I losing my mind on here???

I mean we haven't signed him on a 3 or 4 year deal on that wage, which has been a very us thing lately 

• Haha 1

Leicester City: "Sorry Carlos Corberan, we think you are a great coach, but 4M is too much to pay to get you out of West Brom"

Also Leicester City: "10M to loan an ageing Wilfred Zaha for a season we most likely go down in because we over spent and broke FFP / PSR rules? DONE DEAL"

• Haha 2

8-9m Euros probably £7.5 million for the year sounds a lot to begin with. But the Lens defeat really brought home the fact that the club needs game changers more than just squad players brought in for back up. So I'm in agreement with this.

Still think another striker and CAM is needed 

Edited by Edingleyfox

23 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Because they're asking for £9m quid and we don't have a single player that has proven he can play in the number 10 role.

Not sure if I was the only one to watch it but on Saturday we played Wilfred Ndidi in the advanced midfield role. A player that can play there is desperately needed.

We shouldn't be spending what appears to be the majority of our budget on a player that doesn't improve us and who has a piss poor attitude.

We have money, the issue is PSR now and PSR next season. The devil is in the detail of the deal, but if the money goes down as wages it's not a massive issue, the issue is not adding large amounts to the amortisation fugure for years to come. So in reality it's very possible it takes nothing away from the money we have for fees.

• Like 4